Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Balcony Cabins

Do the Carnival balcony cabins have coffee pots in the cabins? Do the cabins come with robes or do I have to bring mine from home?
A friend of mine gave me 4 #1 debarkation tags for my luggage, can someone explain to me how and when do I use them? Thanks. ~Melinda
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
First Mate

The rooms do not have coffee pots in them. You can have coffee delivered
to your room any time.
Yes there are robes in the rooms for you to use..
You will receive your own luggage tags with your room number
on thats how they know where it belongs once it gets to the ship.
I put my tags on my luggage at the port before we sail.

Sammy
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
Captain

The #1 tags are for Debarkation. You won't use them until you get off of the ship. That is the first group to debark.
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
Passenger

Are these tags different than the ones they will give me to put on before I cruise?
Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
Captain

They are different tags. You will either get tags with your documents, if you requested paper documents. If you requested e-docs, then you will print them yourself. Either way they will have your cabin number on them, and you will put them on your luggage prior to arriving at the port. The #1 tags you can save and use for getting off of the ship first, if you so desire. Carnival has recently changed the way they do debarkation. In Feb. on our Ecstasy cruise we were give a blue #15 tag to put on our luggage for debarkation. This is what the #1 tag your friend gave is for. It will be the first group called to leave the ship when your cruise is over.
I know it is confusing the first time, but as you go it will get clearer.
I hope this helps
Enjoy your cruise
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adatudy
Are these tags different than the ones they will give me to put on before I cruise?
You put the tags on that carnival gives you. Not some one else's
tags.
They are the same for coming and going. You wont change them
once you put them on at the pier or at home.

sammy
Old April 3rd, 2008, 04:52 PM
Captain

Quote:
Yup. They are different. The last night that you are on the ship they will give you new tags that have a detachable number on them. The #1 tags like Gary said will get your bags(and you) off the ship first. Now, there are a variety of theories on whether or not you even want to do this. We used to want to be the first off and did everything possible to make this happen. Then one year we decided to relax, have a leisurely breakfast and wait for the chaos to die down. Now that we are platinum we could use the priority debarkation, instead we relax, have a leisurely breakfast and get off the ship later on. If you'd told me at the beginning that I'd change my mind I would have laughed, but things change I guess.

To echo Gary in this as well, it really does seem like a lot of details to absorb but before you know it everything will be so much clearer and in many ways down right easy : )
Old April 3rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Passenger

Do I want them to take all my luggage and me carry a carry on bag with my swim suits etc..?
Old April 3rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
Captain

Quote:
Do I want them to take all my luggage and me carry a carry on bag with my swim suits etc..?
I let them take everying but our carryons where we have our swimsuits, a spare outfit, cameras, medications, all the things that you either need before your luggage might arrive and the stuff that you cannot easily replace like your camera, etc.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Captain

Not to further confuse you, but the ships do have different policies, so just pay attention to the capers and talks on the ship regarding this. On the Freedom last year on our Grand Med cruise, we received the blue numbered tags to add to our luggage and groups were called according to that number. On the Holiday in October they still were calling by the color tags as they had always done in the past. I feel like the biggest reason for the differences is due to a transition period of getting to the blue numbered tags. Those passengers with VIP status and early flight connections are normally unloaded first. Thank goodness, I have VIP status and can leave ahead of most crowds now. I cruise again mid April and feel sure that, the blue numbered tags will be used since they have done away with the colored string luggage tags.

The funny thing we noticed was that the Freedom was the newest and largest Carnival ship when we sailed her in April 2007 and the Holiday is the oldest and smallest ship (October 2007). The Freedom had completely emptied out and was making a last call for passengers to leave by 9:30 am, while the Holiday sometimes is not unboarded at 11:00 a.m. Go figure!
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days