CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   [b]UP GRADE ANGEL??[/b] (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/349468-b-up-grade-angel-b.html)

ferrangi April 4th, 2008 01:56 PM

[b]UP GRADE ANGEL??[/b]

What's the earliest an upgrade angel has ever appeared...? We booked last october (end) and we still have 5 months to go... :cry:

jleq April 4th, 2008 03:38 PM

Re: [b]UP GRADE ANGEL??[/b]

At any time. At the same time...never count on it. And that "angel" may sound better than it is. Did "guarantee" 19 times...only two upgrades thaat "meant anything". On one ship--not CCL-- I was upgraded nine categories!!

Sounds impressive....but thos 9 categoies meant a slightly snaller inside cabin. Just nearer to the Dining Room

Whoopee.... :)

ferrangi April 4th, 2008 06:40 PM

Wow, you're right. I don't need to be any closer to the food that I already will be... LOL
After all, I need the extra walk to work off the food I'm already eaten... :wink:

skymaster April 4th, 2008 08:12 PM

We always book "guarantee", and have been upgraded at least 75% of the time. More often than not, up a deck or two, or more, but occasionally we have made it into the next cat of cabin altogether. I've gotten the assignment as early as "several months", and as late as "checking in at the pier". Right now, I've got two guarantee reservations, but they are still way out there. I really don't expect cabin assignment until a month or less from sailing.
Good luck!

Ken
"Sky"

airforce95 April 4th, 2008 10:27 PM

We have gotten 1 upgrade and it was the best and the worst at the same time. We had a Ocean View guarantee when we got to our room we found out that we had been upgraded to a balcony room. The best part is that it was a Balcony room. The bad part is that it was a Balcony room. After getting that upgrade to a Balcony we are hooked like a drug addict on crack LOL LOL . Now it's hard to even think about not getting a Balcony room.

ScurvyDog April 7th, 2008 08:44 AM

Just returned from Destiny. I had a 4A cabin on Riveria that was assigned at time of booking. 5 days prior to sailing my PVP called to say the cabin had been upgraded to a 8C Balcony on Verandah Deck. We have had occasional upgrades of a minor nature but never one this big before.

ferrangi April 7th, 2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScurvyDog
Just returned from Destiny. I had a 4A cabin on Riveria that was assigned at time of booking. 5 days prior to sailing my PVP called to say the cabin had been upgraded to a 8C Balcony on Verandah Deck. We have had occasional upgrades of a minor nature but never one this big before.

Wow, that must have been very exciting for you. I can't wait to see if anything happens to us... (anything good that is) :wink:

KACORPARENTS April 7th, 2008 10:49 AM

27 days to go...

and no upgrade angel yet... :(

kojack April 7th, 2008 04:52 PM

upgrade

well i've got a 4c on the Freedom, hope the angel come my way and give me an outside. :-)

Redheadsmama April 7th, 2008 05:25 PM

Our first cruise is in November. Our TA said upgrades happen about
50% of the time. I'm not holding my breath. I will be happy
with my IS 4A.