Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Passenger

Default Cozumel Wyndham Resort & Spa Day Pass

My husband and I are cruising on the Legend leaving on April 27th. I can't believe it's only three weeks away. Last night I put a deposit down for a day pass at the Wyndom Resort and Spa in Cozumel for our shore excursion.The price, I thought, was very reasonable and it includes all drinks and food for the time we will be there. Has anyone ever done this and, if so, is the resort nice? I've looked at pictures on their website and it looks wonderful....but you know how things sometimes aren't what you expect. Any comments or pictures would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Passenger

Default NOW I'm worried!

Since nobody is commenting I'm wondering if I might have made a bad choice.
Old April 5th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Passenger

You can do a search of reviews on trip advisor. I find reports to be pretty good. People add their own photos as well, so you can see first hand what things really look like.

Please give a quick review if you can..we are going to Cozumel in 53 days!!

Have a great cruise!
Old April 6th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Passenger

We were there last October and had a GREAT Time. There is lots to do if you want to do things or it is great to just kick back and relax.

Are you bringing kids? There is a great kids pool that is only about 3 feet deep and they have their own swim up "bar" that they can get all the smoothies and popcorn they want. Adults can sit there too. If you get Tomas for your server tell him hello (he also has a little stash behind the counter for his adult friends)

The food at the grill was really good. Burgers, fries, fajitas, pizza. Did not try the buffet, but looked good.

They had a trampoline and ice berg you could swim out to. They also had floats, kayaks and mini hobie sail boats for free or you could rent jet skis.

I have lots of pictures you can view at

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561141961SPrEUJ

Let me know if you have specific questions. Wish I was going!!!

Michell
luvmygirlz02@yahoo.com
Old April 6th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellandtim
We were there last October and had a GREAT Time. There is lots to do if you want to do things or it is great to just kick back and relax.

Are you bringing kids? There is a great kids pool that is only about 3 feet deep and they have their own swim up "bar" that they can get all the smoothies and popcorn they want. Adults can sit there too. If you get Tomas for your server tell him hello (he also has a little stash behind the counter for his adult friends)

The food at the grill was really good. Burgers, fries, fajitas, pizza. Did not try the buffet, but looked good.

They had a trampoline and ice berg you could swim out to. They also had floats, kayaks and mini hobie sail boats for free or you could rent jet skis.

I have lots of pictures you can view at

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561141961SPrEUJ

Let me know if you have specific questions. Wish I was going!!!

Michell
luvmygirlz02@yahoo.com
Thanks for the ifo. We are getting into Cozumel lat, so this may be our best choice. I have a few questions Who did you call to reserve? What was the price? Is the pool open into the evening? Thanks so much again! Corinn
Old April 6th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Passenger

I am planning on going to the Wyndham as well in a couple weeks. I emailed them and they told me you dont need a reservation, just come on by. A day pass from 1000am to 500pm is $60 and includes everything. You can pay more if your stay goes into the evening. All we want is a place to chill on the beach, have some food, drink some beer and maybe snorkel a little. Not sure how far it is from the pier. Does anybody have an answer?
Old April 6th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Passenger

Wow! They have gone up in price since October. We paid $120 for 2 adults and 2 kids (both over age 5).

Check out this site for island marketing ltd:

www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com

This is who we booked ours through. We paid a $30 deposit and the remaining balance of $90 when we arrived. BUT ........ WE HAD TO HAVE OUR PAPER WORK THAT WE PRINTED WHEN I PAID THE DEPOSIT ONLINE FOR THE TAXI TO EVEN TAKE US THERE. When we got off the ship and found a taxi, to take us there, the driver asked us for proof of a reservation before he would even take us there. I would be careful about just showing up. It was about $20 if I remember riight.

We left about 3 or 4 so that we could go to Margaritaville to shop before heading back to the ship. I love Margaritaville and was very disappointed in this one. People were very, very rude in this Margaritaville.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Michell
Old April 6th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Passenger

Well, since I was told by the Wyndham themselves to just come on in then I am confindent it will be ok. Its always best to deal directly with the vendor when possible. Why would a taxi make you show a receipt before taking you there? What does he care? As long as you pay the fare to get there that should be enough for him.
Old April 6th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Passenger

I guess if you are confident enough. Island Marketing told us to be sure and have it. The resort only allows so many day passes per day so that they are not overwhelming their regular guests. And actually, when we arrived at the resort, they wanted to see our receipt. I guess if you show up and they have not allocated their daily passes then you are good, but if you get there and they have, you may have wasted $20 getting there and another $20 to get back. I would call the resort again just to be sure. My sister-in-law went and she was told the same as me.
Old April 6th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Passenger

Thanks for all of your comments. We booked through Island Marketing also. The price was $55.00 per person and I paid $10.00 for each of us for the deposit. We were instructed to print out our confirmation letter because we would need to show it at the resort. They also stated that they only sold 40 passes per day to cruise passengers. But then you know that goes....
Thanks again....three weeks and counting down!!!!
Old April 7th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Passenger

Have a GREAT time!!!!

I wish I was going. I guess I will just have to wait until we cruise in October.

You will have to post when you return and let us know how it was.
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Passenger

again I contacted the resort directly and talked with the customer care manager and she said not to worry.. so I am going down there with a copy of her email and show it to them if I have an issue... dont know why there is conflicting information on this but everything is an adventure anyway.. worse comes to worse you get back into the cab and find a beach and a cerveza.. It beats work!
Old April 8th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Passenger

Cruzin...when will you be going? We are cuising two weeks from this coming Sunday.
Old April 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Passenger

I will be in Cozumel on the 21st. I sail next Saturday the 19th. Sorry we cant hook up... have a good time.. maybe we can compare notes upon our return...