CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Door deceration (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/349536-door-deceration.html)

Adatudy April 5th, 2008 09:44 PM

Door deceration

What is a good door deceration so that you can locate your cabin?

Kuki April 5th, 2008 09:57 PM

I'd paste dollar bills all over your door. Easy to recognize... just use really strong super glue LOL LOL

Seriously, I've seen some very imaginative door decorations, or such simple things as magnets on the door. Depends how far you want to go.

Adatudy April 5th, 2008 10:00 PM

Dollar bills huh? thats cute. Will there be something to hang a deceration from or can I just tape a banner?

skymaster April 6th, 2008 09:27 AM

Crime Scene Tape! That'll get it ever time! You can find your cabin, and absolutely nobody else, including your cabin steward, will bother it. :shock: Seriously, like Kuki says, I've seen most everything used, from photographs, to simple ribbons. Let your imagination run wild. (You can't use any tape, or glue, or anything like that, as it will damage the door, and they frown upon that!

Ken
"Sky"

Phil&Liz April 6th, 2008 10:19 AM

One thing we noticed on the Freedom was that the door was NOT magnetic but the mailbox thing on the side was.

Don't forget to do the balcony, too, if you get one.

Phil & Liz

bewitched April 6th, 2008 10:22 AM

I used some sea life decorations from the Dollar Tree. They were made to stick on walls so they peel off easy. It made finding our cabin easy and our neighbors liked it because it made it easy for them to fine their room also. LOL LOL

Ro April 6th, 2008 11:34 AM

I went to the dollar store they had great paper door decorations for a buck. They had pink flamingos, palm trees, tiki's. I got a yellow sun with a smiling face to tape to the door. I just make sure the tape comes off with the decoration when we leave at the end of the cruise. Lets us find the cabin real fast.

rjburd April 6th, 2008 11:55 AM

I went on ebay and found some really cute tropical parrot cutout decorations and we taped them to all our group's doors. Made it very easy to find your own, and the others' cabins.

mehawk April 6th, 2008 01:55 PM

Kuki had made some magnetic door decorations for our Thanksgiving cruise last year on the Freedom. Unfortunately, ours grew legs and walked off to see the rest of the ship LOL , never to be seen by us again. :x

cruzin4fun April 6th, 2008 05:40 PM

I can usually find my room by looking at the room number which is generally posted on the outside of each door. Never had a problem finding mine. Seiously though I have heard of decorations being torn down by rowdy guests but I am sure thats the exception. Go crazy and have a good time. Carnival should have a crazy door decorating contest or something just to increase the zaniness. Anybody listening?

Ro April 6th, 2008 06:35 PM

Everytime I placed a magnetic door decoration it was always gone in a few hours so I now stick to tape and a paper one never had a problem so far.

erikhag April 7th, 2008 02:34 AM

I understand that you don´t really use the decorations to locate your cabin so don´t get offended by my ironi :wink: !

Don´t you have a number outside the door which tell you which cabin is yours?

Ro April 7th, 2008 07:04 AM

Erik sure you have the number on the door to ID your cabin. The only thing is when you come in late at night and walk down the corridor all the doors look exactly alike so you have to look at the numbers on the door to find which is your cabin. The small decoration placed on the door saves you from having to do just that. You see your decoration and walk right to your cabin. The doors all look the same so you have to look at the numbers to find your cabin if you are sight impaired like me. Just makes it easier for me to hang the decoration. Kind of makes you feel like its your "own room" when you decorate it.

REDWITCH 13 April 7th, 2008 08:05 AM

The 26 (13 cabins)of us from Pittsburgh have posters made special for our doors.

They are port holes with STEELERS In the middle. One of the guys going with us is a graphic artist and made them for us. I have puddy to hold them onto the doors.

Darlene
now if I can only figure out how to post pictures, I would show you :oops: :oops:

Darlene

KACORPARENTS April 7th, 2008 12:44 PM

Interesting...

I think I'll have to take some "Fire Scene" tape...wait probably not a good idea, Airport might wonder what I'm up to...LOL

erikhag April 7th, 2008 12:55 PM

Ro, I totally agree with you! As I said, I was just ironic.

ferrangi April 7th, 2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikhag
Don´t you have a number outside the door which tell you which cabin is yours?

I was saying the same thing last year while getting ready for my cruise... LOL I didn't understand the difference really between these rooms and hotel rooms. :-?
I've been in a decent amount of hotels... and I have yet to see someone decorate their door.
That being said... we did decor our door, it was fun, but not necessary. We'll probably throw something up again this year, not sure what yet.

REDWITCH 13 April 7th, 2008 01:59 PM

The one and only reason we are decorating our 13 doors....

We want everyone who passes our doors to know we are from Pittsburgh :D :D

Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers :!: :!:

and Pirates and Penguins :D

Darlene

cruisingrandma2007 April 7th, 2008 02:21 PM

Our Group always decorate our cabin doors too. Its a fun thing to do. This trip (in 18 more days) We are all having colorful fish on our doors. We have had tall cardboard unbrella drinks and dolphins and garlands. Its just a fun thing especially when u r in a group. Not to be used to identify your cabin door. We can all read numbers......... Just for fun! Fun is the main word on our cruises. We use masking tape and it doesnt leave any resiue on the doors. Never had any of our decorations stolen either. Just lucky I guess. We got our Doc's today!! Now we really are ready to leave! Happy Cruising!!!!!!!!!!!!

REDWITCH 13 April 7th, 2008 02:29 PM

Thanks for letting me know that masking tape doesn't leave a mark.

I haven't used this puddy yet and I am thinking that maybe it may not be enough to hold these posters on.

We are doing it for just that reason.....to have fun!!!!

Darlene

ferrangi April 7th, 2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13
The one and only reason we are decorating our 13 doors....

We want everyone who passes our doors to know we are from Pittsburgh :D :D

Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers :!: :!:

and Pirates and Penguins :D

Darlene

Steelers.... that's Pam's team.... (sister)

REDWITCH 13 April 7th, 2008 06:03 PM

Pam...

You go girl!!!!!!

Thanks ferrangi!!!

Darlene

Sammy1954 April 7th, 2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13
The 26 (13 cabins)of us from Pittsburgh have posters made special for our doors.

They are port holes with STEELERS In the middle. One of the guys going with us is a graphic artist and made them for us. I have puddy to hold them onto the doors.

Darlene
now if I can only figure out how to post pictures, I would show you :oops: :oops:

Darlene

Darelen
We are cruising the week before you on the Liberty and we are also taking
Steeler signs with us for our door and stopped at the dollar tree
today and they really do have a ton of cool stuff for your door.
Picked up several items

Sammy 1954

bewitched April 7th, 2008 08:47 PM

It is fun which a cruise is all about. My DH liked it because if he maybe had a couple of drinks it made it easy to find(although he can read)LOL Plus it gave our room a little personality LOL LOL

christitunes April 8th, 2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bewitched
I used some sea life decorations from the Dollar Tree. They were made to stick on walls so they peel off easy. It made finding our cabin easy and our neighbors liked it because it made it easy for them to fine their room also. LOL LOL

Great idea! :)

REDWITCH 13 April 8th, 2008 07:49 AM

When I first started reading these boards, I saw so many ideas about decorating the doors. I just loved the idea.
I was going to buy something, but when the one cruiser who is going, (the graphic artist) said he would do a poster and the T-shirts, I just couldn't resist.

Making the cruise fun is what it is all about. We have so many newbies going with us and for some, this may be their only cruise. I want it to be "the best that it can be :!: :!: "

Sammy, there are some great ideas out there, I did see them.
Have a great time

Darlene

rjburd April 8th, 2008 10:45 AM

One nice thing about decorating the group's doors with similar items is that you don't have to remember the room numbers of everyone else in the group. This is especially good when you've got cabins on multiple decks.

katlady April 8th, 2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruzin4fun
I can usually find my room by looking at the room number which is generally posted on the outside of each door. Never had a problem finding mine. Seiously though I have heard of decorations being torn down by rowdy guests but I am sure thats the exception. Go crazy and have a good time. Carnival should have a crazy door decorating contest or something just to increase the zaniness. Anybody listening?

You must not be a heavy drinker. LOL

Adatudy April 8th, 2008 12:13 PM

I have kids so what ever will make my vacation a bit easier on me works for me.

REDWITCH 13 April 8th, 2008 06:37 PM

The best thing is we are all on the same deck in the Aft of the ship.

It will look like SREELER COUNTRY LOL LOL LOL

Darlene