CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Corp increasing fuel surcharge (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/349622-carnival-corp-increasing-fuel-surcharge.html)

zydecocruiser April 7th, 2008 03:13 PM

Carnival Corp increasing fuel surcharge

Carnival corporation & PLC

April 7 2008

Dear travel Partner,
Because of the continued rapid escalation of fuel prices, six of Carnival Corp. & plc's brands-Carnival cruise lines, Costa cruises, Cunard line, Holland America line, Princess cruises and the Yachts of Seabourn- will increase their current fuel supplement from $5 to $7 (USD) per person per day.
These brands will also implement a fuel supplement on third, fourth and fifth passengers of $2 per person per day.

The new fuel supplements will apply to all new bookings effective April 21, 2008.
The fuel supplement will not exceed $98 per person per voyage for the first and second guests and $28 per person per voyage for the third, fourth and fifth guests in a stateroom.

For bookings made from November 7 2007 to April 20, 2008 the original fuel supplement of $5 per person per day will apply.

We regret having to take this action, but feul price increases have continued and we now find it necessary to implement a modest increase in the supplement.

Please remember that all of your booking made on or before April 20 2008 will not be subjest to the supplement increase. Most importantly, we want to thank you for your business and support for all our brands.

Sincerely,
Bill Harber

Director of Marketing

kojack April 7th, 2008 05:29 PM

surcharge

Is this real ? or a joke ? :x

zydecocruiser April 7th, 2008 05:40 PM

A couple of TAs have confirmed it is for real.

REDWITCH 13 April 7th, 2008 06:10 PM

This is so confusing...

I get an email from Carnival saying that the Fuel Charge that we had to pay and was applied to my bill is now being put on my Sail and Sign card as OBC.

Now this??????????

What the deal here????

Darlene

zydecocruiser April 7th, 2008 06:13 PM

For new bookings made on or after April 21. It doesn't affect existing ones. The price of oil continues to go up.

REDWITCH 13 April 7th, 2008 06:19 PM

For bookings made from November 7 2007 to April 20, 2008 the original fuel supplement of $5 per person per day will apply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what it said in the thread that was posted and that is why I am asking if it is going to be taken again even after I received the letter?

Darlene

Shirley Jones April 7th, 2008 06:37 PM

:cry: soon it will be cheaper to fly instead of cruise boo hoo and I love to cruise most of all .Well there goes the balcony rooms and back to cheap inside so I can keep going !

kelzbelz77 April 7th, 2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what it said in the thread that was posted and that is why I am asking if it is going to be taken again even after I received the letter?

Darlene

You probably booked your cruise prior to 11-7-07 and based on your departure date is how you will receive the credit/obc/deduct from bill etc. :D

zydecocruiser April 7th, 2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13

Darlene

I don't think the new policy affects you. If you were getting an OBC, you will still be getting the OBC.

misguidedangel April 7th, 2008 08:14 PM

I am curious, hoe does this apply to solo cruises who have a cabin all to themselves. I sure hope they don't make me pay double for my cruise in January. I have no problem paying a little extra for fuel because they need it to create power to run the ship, but it would irk me if I had to be twice as much because I choose to cruise solo. If oil prices weren't so high it wouldn't be so bad. Dang George Bush for getting your country involved with Iraq because that is when oil prices started to rise (and all because George wanted Iraq's massive oiil reserves).

It won't stop me from cruising, perhaps it will mean only one a year instead.

zydecocruiser April 7th, 2008 08:30 PM

Singles only pay for one, no extra penalty.

chawana April 7th, 2008 10:42 PM

Fuel increasing

We booked our cruise package in October 2007 and was told by our TA that this fuel deal was $5.00 pp. We have not recieved any word that the money will be credit to our set and sail card. When will we hear if we will recieve this credit?
Thanks

zydecocruiser April 7th, 2008 11:00 PM

Have you made final payment, yet?