Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Passenger

Default Junkanoo Beach Club - Have you been there??

Please tell me about it. My sister in law is looking in to this for when we go in Oct. How is the atmosphere, food, facilities, etc.

Thank you!!

Michell
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Beginner

Went on this excursion a few yrs back. By the pictures they are showing on the website all looks the same. It was fun.. There was a live band, a hamburger lunch, bar, a dance contest that got a little dirty but I think the winner won a free cruise. There were water sports available at an extra cost. All in all it was very nice. Beautiful white sand,
Crystal blue water, cold drinks and carribean music. What more could one ask for?
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

where is this?
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old May 8th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ara0926
Default I would NOT recommend...

I did this excursion in September when I sailed on the Glory. The excurion cost $55 and it really wasn't worth the money. The bus ride was 30 Mins and that was after waiting 20 mins for the bus to fill up at the pier. When we got there some people from the ship apparently had taken a taxi for about $15 (for everyone in the cab) and were being allowed in for $10 (not including lunch). All of us who did the excursion thru the shipped felt ripped off.

They did provide lunch which was sub-par. They also did a few activities like an egg toss (which my friend and I won). The facilities were ok nothing to write home about and they bathrooms weren't very clean.

After less than 2 hours after arriving we heard announced over the loud speaker "The Buses are here you have 5 mins before they leave." There was no other warning and then the employees started rushing everyone off the beach and onto the buses.

I will say that the beach and the water was nice and we did enjoy floating and relaxing in the water. They did have chairs set up to use but only had about 10 umbrellas for about 100 people to use. Also you had to pay for any other water sports/floats.

Most of the people that went on this excursion didn't hate it but had the feeling that we really didn't get a good value for our money. We paid the same price for this excursion that we paid for 3 AMAZING excursions in Cozumel, Belize, & Roatan. We would have paid $25 but not $55.

When we re-boarded the ship quite a few of us went to the shore excursion desk to complain. They were very professional and friendly and seemed genuinely concerned that passengers were upset. They took our information and said they would do some research.

Less than 2 hours later we received a phone call and they refunded us 1/2 of our money which I think was VERY fair. I admit I am a bit surprised they are still offering this as an excursion option.

For your time in Freeport I would just take a taxi to the public beaches. I heard they were fairly nice and you can save your money for shopping.

Please let me know if you have any questions or want any clarification.

Ashley
Carnival Glory 2010 St. John NB Canada
Carnival Legend 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Spirit 2009 Alaska
Carnival Splendor 2008 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Sensation 2008 Nassau
Carnival Inspiration 2008 Cozumel
Carnival Glory 2007 Western Caribbean
Elation 2006 Eastern Caribbean