Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Freedom / Europe /Ages?

Hi. Does anyone have any idea what the age range of those cruising Europe for 12 days in the summer is usually?
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Passenger

First let me say your concerns about ages is not a concern if you are willing to go with the flow. You meet people of all ages who are very interesting and a pleasure to talk to. If you are looking to make friends, it's a possibility. We have made friends a few times which lasted a long time. You just have to click with each other. Go with a pleasant attitude, enjoy your cruise and if you happen to click with another couple, great. One tip for meeting people is to get a table for 8, this way your chances of meeting people are greater. Our cruise on the Freedom last August was fantastic. We did make friends which only enhanced our cruise, but even if we hadn't , this cruise was the best of 8 cruises. Staff, food, entertainment were top notch. Go with a smile on your face and everything else falls into place. Enjoy.
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisers
First let me say your concerns about ages is not a concern if you are willing to go with the flow. You meet people of all ages who are very interesting and a pleasure to talk to. If you are looking to make friends, it's a possibility. We have made friends a few times which lasted a long time. You just have to click with each other. Go with a pleasant attitude, enjoy your cruise and if you happen to click with another couple, great. One tip for meeting people is to get a table for 8, this way your chances of meeting people are greater. Our cruise on the Freedom last August was fantastic. We did make friends which only enhanced our cruise, but even if we hadn't , this cruise was the best of 8 cruises. Staff, food, entertainment were top notch. Go with a smile on your face and everything else falls into place. Enjoy.
We'll be on that same cruise in August! What tours did you take in each port?
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Passenger

Cruiser 123. Before I dig out my info I just want to make sure we are on the same cruise. There are 2 different cruises. One goes to Istanbul and one goes to Venice. We were on the Venice cruise. If you are on the Venice cruise I will be glad to share info. Let me know.
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Cruiser 123. Before I dig out my info I just want to make sure we are on the same cruise. There are 2 different cruises. One goes to Istanbul and one goes to Venice. We were on the Venice cruise. If you are on the Venice cruise I will be glad to share info. Let me know.
We're on the Carnival Freedom, August 2nd. Starts in Civitavechhia (Rome), then goes to Naples, Venice for 2 days, Messina, Barcelona, Cannes, and Livorno.
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Passenger

Ok. I'll get back to you after I dig it out.
Old May 19th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Passenger

Cruiser 123, Sorry It took so long getting back to you. Busy weekend. People we met on the Aug. cruise came to visit for the second time. Planning a future vacation together.

As far as tours go, all were Carnival tours and were excellent. We would not hesitate to book with them again. Granted we might have been able to book privately and save a few bucks, but these were hassle free, which is the way we like it.

1. We stayed in Rome 3 days prior to cruise. Hotel Visconti Palace through Carnival. Would do it over again. While at the hotel, we booked the Rome by night tour. Well worth it. Great outdoor restaurant with live music going from table to table. lots of singing, a comedy skit, Fun, Fun Fun. In Rome we took a cab from the hotel to the colisium. We walked most of the time. If it was late and a long walk back to the hotel, we took a cab. It's worth it and not expensive at all. Because nothing is that far away. To each his own. If you can swing it, do 3 days in Rome before or after. You won't regret it. A little tip. If you can, get yourself a Capitol Credit Card. All other cards charge a 3% fee.

2. First stop Naples. We took the Pompei, Sorrento, Capri. Lunch in Sorrento was great as well as the sight seeing. *****

3. Best of Dubrovnick tour. Went up into the mountains for wine & snack. If you take this tour, after the snack, look for a small trail to your right & above. No signs but we had plenty of time before bus left so we decided to see where it went. Go to the end. All I can say is, don't miss it. We then stopped at a resort town, the name escapes me which was beautiful, and then down to Dubrovnick. We had a great lunch off the main street of town ,up high narrow steps there are loads of outside restaurants. Fantastic. This was an excellent tour.

4. Venice. What can I say. This was on or own. The only thing we did from the ship was a bus ride into town. $5.00. Well worth it.

4. Messina. Taormina & Mt. Etna tour. In Taormina, the best cannolis ever. To die for. Like no other. Mt. Etna, climb up or down, whatever floats your boat. Excellent tour.

5. Barcelona. Wine cellar and Barcelona Highlights. We decided to go on this because on a previous trip we spent 3 days in Barcelona and never saw Sagrada Famiglia. The wine cellar was a real experiance. Beautiful.

6. Cannes. Monaco & Monte Carlo tour. Don't miss this. our friends went to Montacassina,spelling is probably all wrong, but they enjoyed it very much.

7. Livorno. Florence & Pisa Tour. Something to see.

A few final words. If your not in shape, get in shape. If you think this might be the only time you'll be going to Italy,DO IT. Spend the money. You won't regret it. Then again if you can afford, by all means, go back. We are. Have a great time.
Old May 19th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser123
Quote:
We're on the Carnival Freedom, August 2nd. Starts in Civitavechhia (Rome), then goes to Naples, Venice for 2 days, Messina, Barcelona, Cannes, and Livorno.
My suggestion is to do your shopping in Livorno. I bought a pair of shoes there for 35 Euros the same shoes in Venice were 79 Euros. Livorno is more a shipping town so the regular italian people shop there. Also if you are not doing a Shore x in Venice I would suggest getting a Venice Card. The orange venice card includes unlimited use of water buses and entrance to some musuems while the Blu Venice card includes unlimited use of water buses but a discount to the museums. Here is the website to buy the card http://www.hellovenezia.com/jsp/en/venicecard/index.jsp. We ordered it on line and picked it up at the train station near the water bus stop.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser123
Quote:
My suggestion is to do your shopping in Livorno. I bought a pair of shoes there for 35 Euros the same shoes in Venice were 79 Euros. Livorno is more a shipping town so the regular italian people shop there. Also if you are not doing a Shore x in Venice I would suggest getting a Venice Card. The orange venice card includes unlimited use of water buses and entrance to some musuems while the Blu Venice card includes unlimited use of water buses but a discount to the museums. Here is the website to buy the card http://www.hellovenezia.com/jsp/en/venicecard/index.jsp. We ordered it on line and picked it up at the train station near the water bus stop.
Thanks so much for the tips! Just wondering why you didn't do the Pisa tour? We heard that was a good one!!
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Cruiser 123, Sorry It took so long getting back to you. Busy weekend. People we met on the Aug. cruise came to visit for the second time. Planning a future vacation together.

As far as tours go, all were Carnival tours and were excellent. We would not hesitate to book with them again. Granted we might have been able to book privately and save a few bucks, but these were hassle free, which is the way we like it.

1. We stayed in Rome 3 days prior to cruise. Hotel Visconti Palace through Carnival. Would do it over again. While at the hotel, we booked the Rome by night tour. Well worth it. Great outdoor restaurant with live music going from table to table. lots of singing, a comedy skit, Fun, Fun Fun. In Rome we took a cab from the hotel to the colisium. We walked most of the time. If it was late and a long walk back to the hotel, we took a cab. It's worth it and not expensive at all. Because nothing is that far away. To each his own. If you can swing it, do 3 days in Rome before or after. You won't regret it. A little tip. If you can, get yourself a Capitol Credit Card. All other cards charge a 3% fee.

2. First stop Naples. We took the Pompei, Sorrento, Capri. Lunch in Sorrento was great as well as the sight seeing. *****

3. Best of Dubrovnick tour. Went up into the mountains for wine & snack. If you take this tour, after the snack, look for a small trail to your right & above. No signs but we had plenty of time before bus left so we decided to see where it went. Go to the end. All I can say is, don't miss it. We then stopped at a resort town, the name escapes me which was beautiful, and then down to Dubrovnick. We had a great lunch off the main street of town ,up high narrow steps there are loads of outside restaurants. Fantastic. This was an excellent tour.

4. Venice. What can I say. This was on or own. The only thing we did from the ship was a bus ride into town. $5.00. Well worth it.

4. Messina. Taormina & Mt. Etna tour. In Taormina, the best cannolis ever. To die for. Like no other. Mt. Etna, climb up or down, whatever floats your boat. Excellent tour.

5. Barcelona. Wine cellar and Barcelona Highlights. We decided to go on this because on a previous trip we spent 3 days in Barcelona and never saw Sagrada Famiglia. The wine cellar was a real experiance. Beautiful.

6. Cannes. Monaco & Monte Carlo tour. Don't miss this. our friends went to Montacassina,spelling is probably all wrong, but they enjoyed it very much.

7. Livorno. Florence & Pisa Tour. Something to see.

A few final words. If your not in shape, get in shape. If you think this might be the only time you'll be going to Italy,DO IT. Spend the money. You won't regret it. Then again if you can afford, by all means, go back. We are. Have a great time.
Hi again. I see now that you did the Pisa tour after all! We're looking at the Florence/Pisa tour where you climb the tower. Thanks again for all of the info!!