CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Inside Guarantee (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/350051-inside-guarantee.html)

ericd3 April 16th, 2008 10:36 PM

Inside Guarantee

My girlfriend and I took an inside guarantee to save some money. Anyone have any experience with that...We have heard that because we booked very early we could be upgraded. Any info on that .

Thanks

ScurvyDog April 17th, 2008 08:14 AM

As for the upgrade it's pretty much a crapshoot. You might get one but don't count on it. Most of the inside cabins are pretty much the same so you will have a great cruise whever you are assigned.

REDWITCH 13 April 17th, 2008 08:28 AM

Re: Inside Guarantee

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericd3
My girlfriend and I took an inside guarantee to save some money. Anyone have any experience with that...We have heard that because we booked very early we could be upgraded. Any info on that .

Thanks

Our group of 13 cabins all booked early. 3 of the cabins were inside guarantee. The rest of us picked our cabins on the Verandah deck. These 3 cabins were upgraded to be with us about a month ago.

Now, I don't know if this would have happened it they weren't with us?

In the past, we have always booked early and were given cabins higher up on the ship, but still an inside cabin. We have not always been a group.

This is the first time we actually picked our cabins and hoped that the others would be placed with us.

Darlene

Donna April 17th, 2008 09:19 AM

Hi Eric,
Like the previous poster mentioned, there is no guarantee on getting an upgrade. Sometimes they do happen, others, unfortunately not. Here is a good article than explains how it works:

Upgrades

skymaster April 17th, 2008 09:26 AM

I book 4A inside guarantee 99% of the time, and get upgraded about 75% of the time. The upgrade is almost always to an inside cabin, but on a higher deck, so it really isn't anything to jump up and down about, however it's certainly O.K. Very rarely, I'll get upgraded to an ocean view (just happened on the "Inspiratiion") and only once in 30 years of cruising, an upgrade to a balcony. :-P

Ken
"Sky"

jcann17_2002 April 17th, 2008 11:12 AM

I was upgraded!!

My fiancee and I did the interior gaurantee for a June trip in 2008. We have been upgraded to an ocean view stateroom on the main level. We saved a lot of money and very glad with the upgrade!!

RobandCynda April 17th, 2008 01:28 PM

On our last cruise we did the Guaranteed Inside and were assigned the Upper Deck - worked out great for us since we don't spend much time in the room anyway.

REDWITCH 13 April 17th, 2008 01:35 PM

On one cruise, we were upgraded to the Lido deck...Now that was great :!:

All we would have to do is stay on the same deck for food and sun.. 8) :D :D :D

Darlene

colorcrazie April 17th, 2008 02:17 PM

Even if you do not get upgraded, Carnival's inside cabins suit us just fine. We often book inside guarantee when needing to minimize cost and we're quite happy with that. We only had one trip where we got a bad cabin..over the crew bar, so loud music turning off and on all night. Complained at purser's desk and got moved. But, after dozens of cruises, that was the only time. You'll have fun regardless.
Marty

ericd3 April 17th, 2008 02:35 PM

Thanks everyone... We aren't to worried about the room just seeing if the information we received about the possibility of an upgrade was true.

colorcrazie April 17th, 2008 02:38 PM

Possible-yes.
Likely-no.
Have fun and put out a mint chocolate for the upgrade fairy right before you go. (Hey, makes as much sense as other theories I have heard!) :twisted:
Marty

8th cruise April 17th, 2008 10:55 PM

i always book 1a guarantee and almost always get upgraded. im going on miracle may 9th and got upgraded to a cat 5a french doors w/life boat hanging right in front of it but at least i can get fresh air and daylight. thats all i need!

jpmaximus April 18th, 2008 04:35 AM

Inside GTY is likely to get you an upgrade to a higher deck. As others have said don't count on it though.