Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Captain

Default Packing liquor in bags a success..

Just got off the Glory and am happy to report I was able to smuggle booze in my checked luggage. We carried on a huge bottle of wine which is allowed and the guy at security laughed at the size of it but didnt stop us. The idea here is if you want to carry on wine or champagne, buy a magnum or one of those big jugs. In our checked bags we had rum, whiskey and even put in 4 beer bottles. I thought we would get busted but my friend told me not to worry about it and he was right. I must have saved a couple hundred bucks on bar My advice on this? "Let er rip".
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Packing liquor in bags a success..

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy
Just got off the Glory and am happy to report I was able to smuggle booze in my checked luggage. We carried on a huge bottle of wine which is allowed and the guy at security laughed at the size of it but didnt stop us. The idea here is if you want to carry on wine or champagne, buy a magnum or one of those big jugs. In our checked bags we had rum, whiskey and even put in 4 beer bottles. I thought we would get busted but my friend told me not to worry about it and he was right. I must have saved a couple hundred bucks on bar My advice on this? "Let er rip".
Thanks, I was wondering how big the bottle of wine could be. Now I know

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old April 28th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Passenger

Congrats on saving the bar bill. I will be also going on my 1st cruise in a few months and I will also be smuggling a few on, but, I am going to buy a couple of cheap bottles of wine, drink at home to empty the bottles. Then, I fill with whiskey, place cork back in and put a new shrink wrap (very cheap about $5.00 for a hundred) on end place in carry on. If all goes off with out a hitch, they will welcome me with whiskey in hand. Plus, the spouse will be allowed one also.

Old April 28th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13
Quote:
If you read the fine print, you will find details concerning corkage charges.
Alway bring 3000 ml bottles. Princess charges $15 in any of there resturants. 3000 ml = 4-regular bottles.

PS (white rum) and soda cards for ordering (coke) are the rage, if you prefer Vodka works well too. Just use water bottles for the booze.

PS if anybody is a first time Princess Cruiser, e-mail me danielraessner@yahoo.com
I will set you up with $50 discounts on your cabins with Princess.
You must receive your Discount ID before booking.

Good luck on your cruise.

Danny

Thanks, I was wondering how big the bottle of wine could be. Now I know

Darlene
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
I do it every time, never had a problem yet!
Old April 29th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvabill
Quote:
I do it every time, never had a problem yet!
Thank you everyone
Good information to pass along to my group.

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE