Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Passenger

Default ShoreX - Puerto Vallarta Tequilla Tour RIPOFF report

How do I get the attention of someone at Carnival Cruise lines regarding the ripoff Tequilla Tour in Puerto Vallarta that I booked aboard the Carnival Pride - it was bascially a the HARD SELL to buy over priced Tequilla and stops at a jewerly store for the HARD SELL to buy EXPENSIVE silver jewlery so that the tour guide could get a KICK BACK from his merhcant buddies. I plan on posting this to alert others about this ripoff excursion. Maybe a regulatory agency needs to be alerted.
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Passenger

I take it you have not be in Mexico before? Their sales tactics are always high pressure and the initial prices are high. My wife is great at getting them to come down in price, my last trip I could not get one salesman to come down at all so I did not buy anything.
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Admiral

thanks for the heads up. I actually just cancelled my tequilla tour... I've decided to hold out for the Pirate Party boat.... It's no longer available on my reservations page, but the excursion desk at carnival assures me it will be available when we get to the ship. (that's why I cancelled, it was conflicting with the excursion I really want.

But it's good to know I didn't miss out on anything... by the way, did you happen to do the pirate party boat while you were there?? I would love to hear from someone who did.
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old May 14th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Admiral

Any of the tours that involve shopping will be a hard sell one. People go on those looking to make a bargian buy.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
Any of the tours that involve shopping will be a hard sell one. People go on those looking to make a bargian buy.
That's why I haven't booked an excursion for Mazatlon (spelling?)
Most of the excursions include the word shopping.... I'm not a shopper, I'm a party girl....
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old May 17th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Captain

Ive been to puerto vallarta many times, since 1986, (can you believe we had a quaint all inclusive resort and airfare for 250 each back then , times have changed!)

I'll tell you one of my favorite things to do is go to the main market a little ways back from the beach. Its like a huge stip shopping area with fun hagglers! I got an eelskin purse that has held its beauty for 15 yrs for 20bucks, gorgeous, a few years ago my hubby got ostrich boots for 40 bucks and wears them all the time. Here the same boots would be 100's.

If i were in puerto vallarta for the day i'd do my shopping there since the beaches are usually pretty full. I do remember my favorite thing was the wooden figures made out of iron wood...they are extremely hard to find here and ubber expensive, but we have them in all sizes from intriquite hand carved horses to sea life and never paid more than 60$ (its a huge horse very detailed) to 5 bucks for dolphins and turtles, sharks, birds etc)

buy me some i'll pay ya back!