Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Passenger

Default Printing cruise documents

Is it better to print my own cruise documents or should I choose for Carnival to mail them? We sail in 35 days!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

E-docs tend to give you more information than the paper ticket. If you haven't made your choice you best sign in and print the edocs because Carnival may not send you paper docs. If you have chosen air/sea option then print one page for each of the trasfer and hotel because sometimes the paper lists the reps have at the buses don't have a passengers name and you will be asked to prove you paid for the transfer. The last thing you want at the end of a great holiday is to get into an argument whether you paid or didn't pay for the transfers! I am curiosu, have you filled out your fun pass yet?....If not, get cracking!!!!!

I tend to print and keep just about everything for my holidays for memories. Some don't care about the capers, edocs, etc and dispose of whatever they got/printed. I typically get paper, but I also print the edocs.

The e-docs luggage tags are getter than the paper tags included in the paper package.

Happy sailing!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old May 10th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel
E-docs tend to give you more information than the paper ticket. If you haven't made your choice you best sign in and print the edocs because Carnival may not send you paper docs. If you have chosen air/sea option then print one page for each of the trasfer and hotel because sometimes the paper lists the reps have at the buses don't have a passengers name and you will be asked to prove you paid for the transfer. The last thing you want at the end of a great holiday is to get into an argument whether you paid or didn't pay for the transfers! I am curiosu, have you filled out your fun pass yet?....If not, get cracking!!!!!

I tend to print and keep just about everything for my holidays for memories. Some don't care about the capers, edocs, etc and dispose of whatever they got/printed. I typically get paper, but I also print the edocs.

The e-docs luggage tags are getter than the paper tags included in the paper package.

Happy sailing!

Are you saying you get both the E-Docs and the packet sent to you in the mail? I did'nt think that was possible. Last cruise once I chose the e-docs it made it so the packet docs would not be mailed out.
Old May 10th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Admiral

Style
Do not choose e-docs, choose to have paper docs first.... then go in and print your docs.
Last year, I chose to have my docs mailed to me by carnival... but then I printed my docs from the website....
A couple of weeks before my cruise we went to our TA and picked up our docs.....
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old May 10th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Passenger

Did the fun pass and printed that out. I live close to Miami and have transportation already set up to get to and from the port. Just wasn't to sure about printing the docs. One of my concerns is the tags for the luggage. Do those come from Carnival or do I print them out?
Old May 10th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Admiral

You can print them out, but it is a pain. Easier just to have a porter put the tags on when you get to the terminal.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old May 10th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2cruiz
Did the fun pass and printed that out. I live close to Miami and have transportation already set up to get to and from the port. Just wasn't to sure about printing the docs. One of my concerns is the tags for the luggage. Do those come from Carnival or do I print them out?
Okay, I printed my tags on heavy grade paper, folded and attaced to my luggage.... worked like a charm.

Old May 10th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Thanks Ferrangi
Old May 10th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Packing tape works wonderfully to stiffen the luggage tags you print. The ones in the paper package are small, but are a little thicker.

Paper is fine, buy can't see any details at all until you get it. Edocs ensures you can go right to my documents and get it right away. I don't sail until September, but I already selected edocs and have my first run of edocs saved. I have to wait a few more weeks for my flight information, but I keep checking and as soon as they are there I'll be tickled!!!

I'll do edocs instead from now on....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Captain

I personally prefer to have my docs in the little precut pages in the booklet I get from my TA instead of the bulky paper I get on E-docs. After you get your mailed copies, you can download and print the e-docs to be sure you are not missing anything. If you view the e-docs on line before you or your agent gets them from Carnival, they will not send them to you.

As for the luggage tags, I received a few in my package from Carnival and then downloaded a few more on card stock paper. I folded the downloaded ones and then applied 2" wide clear tape to the tags and folded them in half. I then hole punched the two ends and used an electrical tie to attach them to my luggage. I also printed a copy of regular paper and put inside each suitcase.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old May 13th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to KACORPARENTS
Default E-Docs are the way to go

We just got back from our cruise and used the e-docs.
I was nervious of doing this and called Carnival with any questions I had and they were great.
I printed the fun pass and cut it out of the full sheet of paper to make it easier to carry.
The luggge tags worked just fine. I folded them as they said and then wrapped them with shipping tape. I folded them in half and used a hole punch to put a hole in them for attaching to my luggage with a small cable zip tie. Worked fine.

I got a letter holder divider from my office supply store to hold all my docs in one easy to carry location and it was great. Send me an email and I will send a pic of it for you to see.

About the cruise...one word...AWESOME!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/K...host=community

Carnival Imagination 5/08
Disney Wonder 5/05
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Captain

Actually I like the E Docs Better as I can download and save them as PDF's on my computer and just print the relevant pages.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:14 PM
First Mate

E-docs for sure!
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Admiral

I still have the luggage tags on my luggage from my Freedom cruise in November of 2007. The luggage has done a couple of flights since then and the tags are holding up. I wrapped them in packaging tape.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies
After you get your mailed copies, you can download and print the e-docs to be sure you are not missing anything. If you view the e-docs on line before you or your agent gets them from Carnival, they will not send them to you.
Actually, I was able to. I printed my docs way before our cruise. At least 3 months before and we still received our offical docs from our TA, she even gave us a little plastic wallet to hold them.

I just made sure I selected mail my docs first. I guess if would have printed them closer to my cruise they wouldn't had time to still send them. Maybe.

Old May 15th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Admiral

The e-docs are also instant gratification.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:06 PM
Passenger

Found out from my TA that they get the docs from Carnival and send them to us which I just received them today!! We are very excited only 24 days to go!! I wish I could figure out how to start my own countdown clock thingys.

Old May 25th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
I still have the luggage tags on my luggage from my Freedom cruise in November of 2007. The luggage has done a couple of flights since then and the tags are holding up. I wrapped them in packaging tape.
You got me thinking about it, so I went and checked the luggage for our cruise and found many airline tags all over them. I clipped them all off or the ships personel may never see the cruise tags. Brought back some memories though, tags from Nome, AK, Newfoundland and all over Canada too.
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Captain

I was on the cruise with ferrangi and she is right we did not select to receive eDocs and received the paper docs from the TA. I liked having both. On my next cruise in April I'm going to get paper to carry with me. Then I'll print the edocs to have in my luggage. I like the idea one person had about putting copies of the luggage tag in each suitcase. Also if you are a bottled water drinker and don't need to take a plane. Bring a case of bottled water. Just tape a luggage tag to the top and you are set. Have a wonderful time.
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose