CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Favorite time to cruise: Spring, Summer or Fall? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/350950-favorite-time-cruise-spring-summer-fall.html)

Ky Cruiser May 10th, 2008 07:32 PM

Favorite time to cruise: Spring, Summer or Fall?

I am planning a cruise for 2009 LOL . I work at a school, so I have to plan trip when school it out :roll: . My options are 1st week in April, all June, July or 2nd week in October. Have cruised April & June, so how is the weather in October :?: I prefer April but I am going with 2 other co workers & our DHs. OK it's your turn , let me have all the pros & cons on these times of the year 8) Thanks, Daphne

Ecstasy 1997
Imagination 2001
Holiday 2004

skymaster May 10th, 2008 08:07 PM

IMO the biggest pro is the price of the cruise in October! Yes,,,,you have to worry a bit about the weather, but the price will be about half of what you'll pay in the summer. April is still good, as far as price goes, but June and July are very, very expensive. (Lots of kids aboard too)

Ken
"SKY"

Marc May 10th, 2008 08:24 PM

I really like Fall cruising. In Europe, the Baltic season is over but it is perfect time in the Mediterranean. For Asia, you have passed (for the most part) typhoon season and the weather is a bit cooler. If you are sailing in the Caribbean, the later you get in the fall the less likely you will run into tropical weather.

Ky Cruiser May 10th, 2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster
IMO the biggest pro is the price of the cruise in October! Yes,,,,you have to worry a bit about the weather, but the price will be about half of what you'll pay in the summer. April is still good, as far as price goes, but June and July are very, very expensive. (Lots of kids aboard too)

Ken
"SKY"

Thanks for info. This day & age price DOES matter :x . Kids are great :wink: but I am with approx. 600 of the little boogers where I work :shock: .
Daphne

Ecstasy 1997
Imagination 2001
Holiday 2004

Trip May 10th, 2008 08:31 PM

Fall is my favorite time to cruise, is the fall.....only once did I have a hurricane issue, but it never came to pass..It;s just a wonderful time to be at sea, and the bargains are hard to beat.

venice May 10th, 2008 10:44 PM

if in the caribbean, January...if Europe then late September early October

David West May 11th, 2008 08:30 AM

The wife and I cruise in late August or mid - late Sept. With the exception of 1 cruise, on the Valor which was in late May.

We've only had 1 cruise canceled due to Hurricanes. Not to bad of a record. :)

Happy Cruising to all; :D
David

Irish Girl May 11th, 2008 08:50 AM

Winter, it wasn't a choice. I like to get out of the snow and ice of Michigan.

cutiecat May 11th, 2008 09:26 PM

i am a huge fan of the first week of spring break...that is when the two best cruises i have ever had have taken place :)

jlauntz May 11th, 2008 09:31 PM

Having only cruised the Caribbean, I favor Spring. It is a way to celebrate the end of winter and the dull cold weather that accompanies it earlier.

VIVA THE SPRING CRUISE

KACORPARENTS May 13th, 2008 10:37 AM

May

We have cruised twice and both in the 1st week of May. The weather and seas were great both times...I know had to take kids out of school.

mehawk May 14th, 2008 10:45 PM

I prefer the fall because it is a little bit cooler in the south.

Joe323 May 15th, 2008 02:06 PM

lets all sing:

Winter Spring Summer or Fall All ya to cruise and I'll be there yeah yeah yeah

colorcrazie May 15th, 2008 02:30 PM

Oh yes, Joe....any time I can get on a ship is fine with me!
Marty
I'm not going to sing, however, as I tend to sound like a sick frog.

susierphillips May 16th, 2008 08:40 AM

April and December. We hit a bad Hurricane in August and never again.
Hurricane Bonnie. I had a great time but 99% of the ship was sick. Near Bermuda. It felt like we were riding up and down an elevator in a skyscraper. :shock: :shock:

jackiesbooks May 16th, 2008 08:53 AM

WINTER -It is so nice to leave the cold.

nurseypoo5 May 16th, 2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackiesbooks

yup i agree, i put fall but love the caribbean in the winter! I'm sure Cozumel wasnt over 82 degrees in january, never broke a sweat like i did in October....loved leaving freezing galveston and waking up ready to put my suit on :) its like a dream!

we toured Chitchenitza (im so sure thats not spelled right)...i cant imagine going in the summer, omg now even in Jan it was HOT. something about all that sunshine beaming on your head. I would have fainted. The poor locals pushing thier sundreys should have had cheaper soda's and they would have made a killing!

Joe323 May 16th, 2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
Quote:

yup i agree, i put fall but love the caribbean in the winter! I'm sure Cozumel wasnt over 82 degrees in january, never broke a sweat like i did in October....loved leaving freezing galveston and waking up ready to put my suit on :) its like a dream!

we toured Chitchenitza (im so sure thats not spelled right)...i cant imagine going in the summer, omg now even in Jan it was HOT. something about all that sunshine beaming on your head. I would have fainted. The poor locals pushing thier sundreys should have had cheaper soda's and they would have made a killing!

I guess thats why they call it Sundreys lol

Joe323 May 16th, 2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
Quote:

I guess thats why they call it SUNdreys lol