CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   PrePay online or use Sign & Sail (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/350964-prepay-online-use-sign-sail.html)

ferrangi May 11th, 2008 11:21 AM

PrePay online or use Sign & Sail

My TA was extremely surprised when she found out Carnival charged me already for my excursions I booked online. She says they are supposed to be doing what the other cruiselines are doing. Reserving the excursion but charging your sign & sail card when you board.
:cry: I hope they don't do that, I prefer to pay ahead of time. This way I know the money I have already added to my OBC I will have for ship expenses. :wink:

David West May 11th, 2008 11:46 AM

Ferrangi - Thats a good thought. :idea: We usually do the sign and sail thing. But, this time, I have prepaid for 2 excursions. I'll send my friend Michael @ Carnival an e-mail and ask him. I'll also check with the bank Monday to see if any charges has come through.

Thanks for asking ; :)
david

misguidedangel May 11th, 2008 08:03 PM

I will explain how it works for you. If you book an excursion from the website before your cruise the charge will be on your credit card right away. It will appear as a credit on your S&S account when you check it on board the ship. The reason to book an excursion ahead of time is that it could be completely booked by the time you get on the ship, thus, booking early means you get a spot!

ferrangi May 13th, 2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misguidedangel
I will explain how it works for you. If you book an excursion from the website before your cruise the charge will be on your credit card right away. It will appear as a credit on your S&S account when you check it on board the ship. The reason to book an excursion ahead of time is that it could be completely booked by the time you get on the ship, thus, booking early means you get a spot!

I already know that it will be charged right away, that's why I'm booking online. I didn't know it would show up on my S&S as credit... I guess that's so they can keep track of excursions etc.... thanks for the heads up on that one. I would have been wondering what the heck is this on my bill?? LOL
And as far as booking early, I've already missed one of my excursions that I wanted... I thought we had time, because we don't sail unil sept. I called the excursion desk at carnival and they assured me it would be availble when I board the ship. I hope they are right, I really wanted the Pirate Party boat in Pureta Vallerta..... :wink: :wink:

Irish Shark May 13th, 2008 02:57 PM

On our last cruise on RCI, I had to pay when I booked online.

Princess puts it on the your account.

mehawk May 14th, 2008 10:53 PM

I prefer to pay for it upfront so I don't have to worry about it later.

Pamulla May 16th, 2008 12:13 PM

I think there a small % discount if you booked online, at least last year for the Freedom there was.

ferrangi May 16th, 2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamulla
I think there a small % discount if you booked online, at least last year for the Freedom there was.

okay that's good to know. :D

huffca May 18th, 2008 02:45 PM

Hi buddy,

Not sure where your TA has been... but Carnival has been doing that for a couple of years now. When my family and friends took the cruise to Belize we pre booked and paid for all of our shour tours before we left. I also love to pre pay for as much as I can. I loved it.

Hugs,
Carol:-)

DecBride May 18th, 2008 04:29 PM

I can only speak for Carnival and RCI, but they charge upfront. If you could only reserve up front in my opinion there would be no point. People could just switch in and out and some people left out.

I most of the time purchase in advance, but sometimes that independent tours.