Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Spirit/Alaska/Vancouver airport question

We will be going to Alaska next year - May and will be paying for the flight with americian express points. You can book (and are highly encouraged) to book flight as soon as you can (331 from date needed). I looked at the flights they have so far, and going up there is no problem (we fly to ancorage) however coming home we fly home out of vancouver. The latest flight we see so far is at 11 a.m and one at 11:30 am. After that the next flight out is 7pm putting us home the next day. I know they tell you not to book a flight home before noon - but what are our chances of an 11 am flight out? I just don't want to come home the next day (missing another day of work). What are your thoughts?? Thanks bunches! I know the last alaska cruise we went on , or 35.00 we were able to check into the airport from the cruiseship. Fast and easy, but I can't remember the times i had - but know it was like a 1pm flight.
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Beginner

The cruise ship terminal is at least 35-45 minutes away from YVR airport, you would then have to checkin and clear customs in Vancouver for your flight. You had better check your disembark time to make sure you can get to your flight to the US. Morning flights are the busiest to the States out of YVR and sometimes US customs can take up to one hour to clear. Have you tried a connection through Seattle since it is only a 45 min flight from YVR, this may help you get home quicker.
Old May 14th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Admiral

Humm...
As I do recall it DID indeed take some time to clear through Vancouver airport. What I did was take the ship's tour of Vancouver and left the NEXT day. Based on my personal experience, morning flights on the debarkation day might be cutting it too close.
HAVE FUN !! 8)

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old May 14th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have flown back from Vancouver several times. It always takes a while to clear customs. I think last time I was there, every cruise ship came in at the same time and it took over two hours to navigate our way to the plane.