Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Beginner

Default CARNIVAL Valor Sept 7/08

First time sailing on valor. First time having balcony room. Husbands first cruise my 2nd. My first was on the Conquest. What are good excursions for Nassau,St Thomas and St. Marteen? Can you book the excursions that are on the main information page of carnival or do you have to pick from the ones that come up on your reservation page? What do most people do about tipping? I know you have automatic tips placed on your sail card but do you tip xtra? How is the valor? Any recent travelors on the valor let me know. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

We will be on the Valor the first week of June and are ready to go!! Our first cruise was on the Conquest also (three cruises ago).
Carnival tells me the excursions available will be listed on your information page after sign in with your cruise info. We saw a couple we were interested on the main Carnival page that didn't show up on our page so I called to check on them and was told that not all excursions are available for every cruise. But, last week they added several that were not there before so be sure and keep checking regularly.
So far we have booked the Blackbeards Cay excursion in Nassau. There is a couple of threads that list great ideas for St Thomas and St Maarten. Maybe by the end of the week will have those two stops planned as well, but if we don't...then we don't. We will still have a blast!
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Beginner

Default thanks

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of the historic tour in nassau. My husband and I went to nassau for our honeymoon and went on a windjammer snorkling excursion and had a ball but he doesn't really want to do the snorkling thing. I'm not familiar with St Thomas or St marteen except my son went on the same cruise last year and enjoyed the penie beach excursion I believe it was on St Marteen. Thanks again Linda
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Familiar Face

We are booked on the same cruise in Sept. Let us know how it went. Also looking for info on excursions.
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: CARNIVAL Valor Sept 7/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMAX
First time sailing on valor. First time having balcony room. Husbands first cruise my 2nd. My first was on the Conquest. What are good excursions for Nassau,St Thomas and St. Marteen? Can you book the excursions that are on the main information page of carnival or do you have to pick from the ones that come up on your reservation page? What do most people do about tipping? I know you have automatic tips placed on your sail card but do you tip xtra? How is the valor? Any recent travelors on the valor let me know. Thanks
We just returned yesterday from cruising on the Valor.

Let me say that it was fantastic The ship is absoutely beautiful and the staff was great

We did the Western Caribbean, so I can't comment on your cruise excursions.

Our waiter, bus boy and cabin steward went out of their way to do what ever they could for us. We tipped them extra....they so deserved it

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE