Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrangi
Sky....
I might just do it.... I'm kinda crazy anyway and definately an extravert... you can check out our picks from our last cruise...
"Paradise to Mexico"
Let me know if you get a chance to check them out... you can see we like to have fun....
Excellent,,,I'll give it a look and listen. Where can I find it?

Ken
"Sky"
Do a search in the photo gallery under "Paradise to Mexico"
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old June 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
Quote:
Sky....
I might just do it.... I'm kinda crazy anyway and definately an extravert... you can check out our picks from our last cruise...
"Paradise to Mexico"
Let me know if you get a chance to check them out... you can see we like to have fun....
Excellent,,,I'll give it a look and listen. Where can I find it?

Ken
"Sky"
Search Photo Gallery for "Paradise to Mexico" you find all our pics there.

Old June 12th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Beginner

It depends on the karaoke system they are using. Just ask them if the system will allow the key of a song to be raised or lowered. If they are using CD discs, you can bring your own for them to play. Have fun!
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaokejoe1
It depends on the karaoke system they are using. Just ask them if the system will allow the key of a song to be raised or lowered. If they are using CD discs, you can bring your own for them to play. Have fun!
Unfortunately, we karaoke addicts are endanger of losing the priviledge of using our own CGDs.

The Paradise had a bunch of thugs several months ago come aboard and used their own CDGs in karaoke that was nothing but a bunch of vulgar rap crap. These karaoke sessions ( as you know) are not 21 or over and lots of families sit in there. And while some of the regular songs can get racey...they are nothing like this vulgar mess was.

These kinds of incidents (combined with some morons that complained that their precious CDGs got damaged or got mad because their Cdgs would not play on the system on other ships) has Carnival talking about restricting the karaoke hosts to system songs only.

One of the reasons I cruise is to sing karaoke. Unfortunately, where we live (in a town of 50,000) there are no karaoke places (can you believe it?). Memphis has some but they are very late night places that just are not where I would feel comfortable going. Carnival provides me with a safe (usually smoke free) place to do with I love.

However, I have a very limited vocal range. So while I do a wide variety of music, it must be in "my key". I have Custom CDGs that I have created from my computer so that all my songs are in my key. (I carry the originals with me to prove they are not bootlegged.) Also the selection on these ships is pathetic.

I have talked with Chris Prideaux to see if there is any way regular Carnival cruisers (like me) who will not cause problems or hold the KH or Carnival responsible if a CDG gets damaged...can still enjoy this priviledge.

I, for one, would be more than happy to sign any waiver to be able to sing the songs I love in the key I need them.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:02 PM
First Mate

Quote:
So in order to perform in the legends show, you have to try out?
By the way, I'm a tenor too, I just came across a George Strait CD and realized that I could sing any of his songs in his key... that would be fine for just singing kareoke, but I'm not sure I would qualify to be George.
(You can see by my photo.... )
So please explain if you want... how exactly does Legends work? I've heard of it, but I have no idea what it is.
Thanks....
Have you tried any Cher songs? She has a really low voice in the female range, and could probably match tones with George Strait just fine. When she and Sonny were together, they swapped leads singing in the same key and same octave.
Sovereign of the Seas 2007
Carnival Fantasy 2008
Carnival Fascination 9/14/09
Freedom of the Seas 11/28/10
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Admiral

I have not tried any Cher songs, but I will be looking around before I leave so I can see if there are any songs I can practice before hand....
I'm not real familar with the artists mentioned above... but I really think it would be fun to try. 8)