CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Conquest dry docked 1/09 for refurb??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/351295-carnival-conquest-dry-docked-1-09-refurb.html)

nurseypoo5 May 19th, 2008 02:12 AM

Carnival Conquest dry docked 1/09 for refurb???

i just read this on "another site that will remain unnamed" that conquest will be dry docked next january for refurb's. Mostly the aft cabins and adding the big screen on deck.

im booked on the Jan 11 cruise on conquest! I'm very nervous about this, can anyone add info? Should i rebook for Feb?

thanks!

honeybear197430 May 19th, 2008 06:17 AM

The Conquest will be in dry dock from the 18th of January to the 31st of January......Family was looking at booking for the 11th January, but was told not to by a good source, that doing the last cruise out before dry dock would not be a good idea.
And so now we are booked in on March 1st, and cannot wait :)

GaryI May 19th, 2008 07:58 AM

Very interesting. We are booked for the Feb. 1st. sailing of thr Conquest. We are in cabin 7439 which is close to the aft cabins. That means we would be on the first sailing after some new stuff. COOL. I will have to keep up on this info.
Thanks
Gary[/b]

Snoozeman May 19th, 2008 09:35 AM

Remember the last scheduled dry dock for Conquest was cancelled. Two ways to look at it I guess. 1) It could be canceled again 2) since last one WAS cancelled, less likely that this one would.

IMHO-they cancelled previous as Conquest was only ship sailing at that time from GLS. This is better timing as bookings drop somewhat when Voyager arrives.

misguidedangel May 19th, 2008 12:09 PM

I would consider moving the date up to after the scheduled dry dock. You'll be able to enjoy the big screen and see her completely refreshed and updated!!

Snoozeman-I was on the Conquest in February and Voyageur was in port with us. The Conquest was FULL, and I mean FULL (thanks to Mardi Gras week). We only ran into a handful of people sailing on Voyaguer, most we ran into the day before and at the airport were for the Conquest!!!!!

Snoozeman May 19th, 2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misguidedangel

Snoozeman-I was on the Conquest in February and Voyageur was in port with us. The Conquest was FULL, and I mean FULL (thanks to Mardi Gras week). We only ran into a handful of people sailing on Voyaguer, most we ran into the day before and at the airport were for the Conquest!!!!!

But they dropped fares in order to fill it. Although I cruised in January I went again in March because of better fares. Competition is good for consumers. :D

Conquest is a great ship I've sailed her five times from Galveston and I'm booked again.

mehawk May 20th, 2008 12:14 AM

We sailed on the Conquest last year and Ready2gonow (Darlene and Don) were on the Voyager and shadowed us the entire trip. LOL

nurseypoo5 May 20th, 2008 01:06 AM

dang it all :( i dont have another date to pick from or my son will miss way to much school. (this one was on mlk weekend, long weekend holiday, so missing 3 days of school)

poo.

honeybear197430 May 20th, 2008 07:03 PM

Have u rescheduled yet nurseypoo?

lifeisschool May 20th, 2008 07:50 PM

Re: Carnival Conquest dry docked 1/09 for refurb???

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
im booked on the Jan 11 cruise on conquest! I'm very nervous about this, can anyone add info? Should i rebook for Feb?

thanks!

Liz,
LOL! We were looking at this one for my brother's honeymoon! Am I following you on these cruises or are you following me???!?!?? :wink:

mehawk May 20th, 2008 09:53 PM

I'll try to schedule her after the refurb...

Snoozeman May 20th, 2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehawk
I'll try to schedule her after the refurb...

agree...at least 2 weeks after...just in case

GaryI May 21st, 2008 10:36 AM

So you guys are saying I shouldn't be booked for the Feb. 1st. cruise? I am not sure what difference it makes if I am on the first cruise after some upgrades. I would think that would be a good thing. Just don't understand the reasoning.
Gary[/quote]

strick9 May 21st, 2008 05:39 PM

A group I'm sailing with was originally scheduled to leave on the Conquest on Jan 18th but we moved it back to the 11th. What might be a reason that sailing the week before it's dry-docked is a bad idea, other than a few little add-ons that they will be making? We really don't have any other dates that will work for the group. Thanks...

-Mark

Snoozeman May 21st, 2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryI
So you guys are saying I shouldn't be booked for the Feb. 1st. cruise? I am not sure what difference it makes if I am on the first cruise after some upgrades. I would think that would be a good thing. Just don't understand the reasoning.
Gary

[/quote]

In case they don't finish. It happens. Without mentioning names-- on a recent ship sailing from Galveston, they worked on the buffet stations for two weeks following the dry dock. On two days the buffet was moved to the solarium. The guests certainly didn't have benefit of the full buffet those weeks. I'll say it turned out nice in the end though. Just the most recent example.

Your probably going to be just fine, everything will be finalized, just be aware that something unexpected could happen.

cruzaddict May 21st, 2008 11:48 PM

Any idea of what they're doing to the aft cabins?
I have an aft oceanview booked for september 09.

Thanks!!