Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Passenger

Default Inspiration 2008 ....

I am goin on the Inspiration on Aug 21, 2008....just wondering if anyone else was booked for this cruise yet? Would love to chat!

Inspiration 08/21/08
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Passenger

me my husband and 2 sons 2 and 6 are going on that cruise.
Old May 21st, 2008, 03:03 PM
Passenger

Thats great! My husband and I are going and this is our first cruise. We are sooooo excited! We have 2 kids too, but we are going to take this time for ourselves. Its nice to meet you!

Inspiration 08/21/08
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM
Passenger

It's nice to meet you too Ashley. Well, even though we are taking the kids we are going to try to take time for ourselves by putting them in camp carnival. It's hard to take time when you have kids. Hope you have a great time. Is this your first cruise?
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:26 PM
Passenger

You're right, it is hard to take time when you have kids. I have never left my kids before and i am starting to feel guilty about it. I was reading about camp carnival, that sounds great for kids. I think that its nice that parents can take there children there so they can take some time for themselves. Yes, this is our first cruise and I cant wait! So, I will take all the advice I can get about everything, lol. Whats your name RANS2308?

Inspiration 08/21/08
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:07 AM
Beginner

Default I was on the inspiration

Hey,
I'm not a guest booked for the Inspiration,
But i did work on the ship in the spa..i finished my contract back a few months ago.
I can tell you it has been referblished now, and is absolutly beautyful, one of the most recent referblished ship of carnival.
And the destinations are beautyful, my favoret was cozumel.
Hope you enjoy
x
Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:24 AM
Passenger

Hey Huni I heard that about the inspiration. I can't wait to see it. Hey do you have any recomendations on Cozumel? This is our first time there. So any suggestions on what to do there will be greatly appreciated.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:30 AM
Passenger

Hi Ashley, My name is Keri. Hey that is great you get to leave the kids and have adult time but I know what you mean about feeling guilty. We have done a few vacations without the kids and it's hard not to think about them and miss them . But my advice is to try not to feel guilty and have a great time because 1. you don't know when you will get that opportunity again and 2. If you let it the guilt will get to you and you won't enjoy your trip as much as you should. So as long as you are leaving them in good hands and comfortable with that go have a great time and enjoy yourself. It has been a while since we have been on a vacation without our kids. How old are your kids?
Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:51 AM
Beginner

Default i have lots of ideas for you

I'd say swimming with the dolphins is the most amazing experience you can have..

There are alot of different shore excursions in cozumel on this website, just to give you an idea.

http://www.cozumel-tours.com/shore-excursions.htm

Also there are loads of shop.
And there is a wonderful bar, just 5 minute alk from where the ship docks, I think its called the no name bar, i cant quite remember.
But you walk through a corridor and end up out side, on a beautyfuail bar in the private beach, it also has a pool and sun loungers, and a big cocktail bar in the middle...You could spend all day there. its beautyful.You can even swim into the private clear blue sea.

If i remember the name i'll let you know.

Also there is a lovely restaronte called 'Margaritaville' They do the best food.

x
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info huni
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM
Passenger

Thanks Huni for the advice. I am trying to figure out what excursions we should do, or if we want to just hang out and shop and eat and lounge on a beach somewhere. Thanks!

Inspiration 08/21/08
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANS2308
Hi Ashley, My name is Keri. Hey that is great you get to leave the kids and have adult time but I know what you mean about feeling guilty. We have done a few vacations without the kids and it's hard not to think about them and miss them . But my advice is to try not to feel guilty and have a great time because 1. you don't know when you will get that opportunity again and 2. If you let it the guilt will get to you and you won't enjoy your trip as much as you should. So as long as you are leaving them in good hands and comfortable with that go have a great time and enjoy yourself. It has been a while since we have been on a vacation without our kids. How old are your kids?

Our son is 6 and our daughter is 3. I think we will have a great time. We are leaving the kids with their grandma so I know they will be fine. It will probably be like a mini vacation for them too, lol. Thanks for the kind words. That was really nice of you. Its nice to know there is someone out there who can relate.

Inspiration 08/21/08
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Captain

I've been to Cozumel 2 times. My favorite time was when I took my then 8 year old niece Swimming with the Dolphins. I'll never forget it. I don't know who enjoyed it more me or her.

I'm a big kid :-)
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose