CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Margaritaville in NOLA (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/351584-margaritaville-nola.html)

mteague May 26th, 2008 12:20 PM

Margaritaville in NOLA

Okay, I admit it....I've walked past this place several times and I've NEVER been inside. I did send a group of 30 somethings to check out Margaritaville the other night. They said it was fun.....so I'm going to check it out soon and post a review. I've been to a few of the clubs in the Quarter, so I'll post a review of all of them in a week or so. Venice, TC and Beenie, you can add to it!

Melody

venice May 26th, 2008 01:31 PM

some of the places that I have been to in the French Quarter you might not want to review :rofl::rofl:

Phil&Liz May 26th, 2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice
some of the places that I have been to in the French Quarter you might not want to review :rofl::rofl:

Do tell !!!

Phil & Liz

Snoozeman May 27th, 2008 02:58 AM

That was one of the two original Margaritavilles if I recall correctly. Went there 20 years ago.

I used to hang at an Irish pub in the qtr.

zydecocruiser May 27th, 2008 11:11 AM

As long as you're are going to Margaritaville, check out Coops across the street.

http://www.coopsplace.net/

zydecocruiser May 27th, 2008 11:14 AM

There is Molly's next door...

http://www.mollysatthemarket.net/

Phil&Liz May 27th, 2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman
That was one of the two original Margaritavilles if I recall correctly. Went there 20 years ago.

Is this the one where it has the authentic boat over the bar and a wall of ? names on the wall near the dancing?

If so, I've been there ! Loved it !

Phil & Liz

crazysis May 29th, 2008 12:28 AM

heck i think i need a couple days to try them all! :-P

TravelMike May 29th, 2008 10:35 AM

Margaritaville Fan!

The first Margaritaville I ever saw in Las Vegas it was really something. Scantily clad girl sliding down a valcano into a blender. Where else but Vegas. We ate lunch at the Margaritaville in Jamiaca accross from the James Bond pier were the ship was tied up. Beautiful but not as exciting as Vegas. Mike

April May 30th, 2008 08:58 PM

I love Margaritavilles----some better than others LOL ----but with all the other names popping up with Margaritaville--- makes me think a pub crawl is needed too ????
Feeling a bit thirsty-------
cheers
April

mteague June 2nd, 2008 05:00 PM

April...I'm gonna check them out just as soon as I heal these two torn hamstrings!

Melody

ScurvyDog June 2nd, 2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstill
April...I'm gonna check them out just as soon as I heal these two torn hamstrings!

Melody

Is there a story behind this we should know about?? :shock:

venice June 2nd, 2008 09:41 PM

Mel...didn't I tell you to s-t-r-e-c-t-h before you started to........ :-P :-P :-P

hope you are ok let me know if you need me to drive down the street to check on you

zydecocruiser June 2nd, 2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil&Liz
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman

Is this the one where it has the authentic boat over the bar and a wall of ? names on the wall near the dancing?

If so, I've been there ! Loved it !

Phil & Liz

O'Flaherty's survived Katrina only to fold due to lack of business, if I remember correctly.

venice June 3rd, 2008 04:50 AM

your memory is correct..it is closed

mteague June 4th, 2008 09:21 AM

Okay, I'm gonna check out the nightclubs this weekend. Pulled hamstrings are courtesy of 4 hours of picking up tree limbs and a REALLY REALLY ROCKY boat ride. I had to wedge my legs against the front of the boat and push backwards to stay in my seat. When we hit waves, I would become slightly airborne and then slam back into my seat. The Doc seems to think this may have done me in! I spent Monday, Monday night, Tuesday and Tuesday night in lala land with lortab, flexeril and remnants of a toradol shot.

I actually returned to work Monday after my doctor visit. My legs hurts so bad, I took my medicine at work. It seems I may have been just a little "out of it". I was in a meeting with my supervisor's supervisor when she asked if I had driven to work. I said yes. She asked if I had someone to drive me home. I assured her that Reva would be glad to drive me home. She made sure Reva had my keys!

I slept all day yesterday and today I feel a little groggy from yesterday's meds. At least I can walk. I look like a penguin.

Melody

T C June 4th, 2008 10:30 PM

as an outside obversation ... notice the lovely Ms. Melody fails to mention how much "FUN" the boat ride was!

Hope you feel better real soon Mel .... you know I luv ya! :D
About Margaritaville ...
been there ...
done that ...
got pictures ..
LOVE the "Cajun Burger" by far the best thing on the menu.
(adult beverages excluded :-? )
TC

mteague June 5th, 2008 08:17 AM

The boat ride was fun! I was just trying to stay IN the boat after we past a 6-8 foot alligator in the MIDDLE of the Tickfaw River. It wasn't even on the banks sunning....it was swimming right there! After that, we decided swimming in the river wasn't a very good idea!

I'm better today...no meds at all and I drove to work!

TC, I do miss you around here!

Mel