Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to delmar60
Default Carnival Elation

Hi everbody, new poster here, just wondering if anybody out there has any comments on the "Elation"? My wife and I are going on the 4 day to Cabo. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Admiral

You didi not go wrong with her. She is among the best, if not the best, imo, in Carnival's fleet.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Admiral

Our first cruise was on the Elation when she was in Port Canaveral. Great ship. We loved the eating area on the back of the ship on the Lido deck. We missed that on the Glory. Here are some pix from the ship. Enjoy your cruise.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=3180

Carnival legend November 2009
Carnival Glory October 2007
Carnival Elation November 2006
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

I loved the Elation, a very pretty and clean ship with lots to do. One of the best. The waiters we had were the best on any cruise Ive taken.
I wish I could remember his name, he was from Columbia. You will love the Elation

03/30/2009 ~ Carnival Ecstasy
09/14/2008 ~ Carnival Legend
03/2008 Carnival Victory
09/2007 Carnival Elation
06/2007 Carnival Liberty
09/2006 Carnival Ectasy
12/2004 Carnival Conquest
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Elation is one of our favorites. You made a good choice. We have made four trips on her. One in the Caribbean, the 12 day thru the Canal to the west coast, and two out of San Diego so I guess you could say we like that ship. The regular cruise director is Stuart Dunn. He is a real hi-energy guy that really keeps things going. Hopefully he will be on board during your cruise. If he is don't miss the horse races. Lots of fun. Several of the bars around the marina in Cabo have beer 5 for $10 including salsa and chips. There is a ships tour called Mini-jeep/Rhino that is great fun if you are interested in something a little different. Have fun!!!
54 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle, Breeze, Sunshine X2
6 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old June 5th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Hi Delmar60,
I did the 6 day cruise on of San Diego. I had a blast. Here is a link to my review and the review has a link to my photo gallery. http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/.../elation39.cfmHey look your ship is in port. Click this link to the San Diego pier cam. Wave at the people.
http://live6.truelook.com/face/newfa...&imagemap.h=65

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 6th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to christitunes

Just got off the Elation today. First cruise; she is a beautiful "old" ship and I LOVED the art deco. She has a new cruise director, Tina something, from the UK and she was an absolute scream. Food in the dining room was yummy, the buffets were decent, the drinks were awesome, and the service everywhere was fantastic. You will also read that embarkation is a breeze at San Diego, and it really is. Debarkation was a bit slower, but no huge deal. I was in a 1A cabin on the Upper deck (U167 if anybody cares) and it was very comfy and quiet, despite being near the elevators. I did not need to use my earplugs and I'm a light sleeper.

The only real downfall was I really did feel the rocking on the first night out and also coming back from Ensenada; the captain, during his announcements, said there were 5-6 foot swells going south and 8-9 foot swells going back north (is that typical for that itin?). I didn't exactly get seasick, but the motion was enough to be annoying, except in the cabin when it's kind of nice being rocked to sleep. Of course, motion is a relative thing and affects people differently, but I did talk to another pax who said she saw a new crew member throwing up the first night. Poor thing. If you have a problem with motion, definitely don't spend too much time in the Galleria shopping, as that's where it seemed to be the worst.

All in all it was a wonderful trip; most importantly, I went solo and met SO MANY fun people. You will have an awesome time and yes, definitely do the horse racing, it was a riot.

Old June 6th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Familiar Face

We went on a 5 day on the Elation during Spring Break, out of San Diego to Mexico and had a blast. Lots of people said it was old and run down but I didn't see too much evidence of that. Looks to me that the Elation has been well maintained. The service was great, the food was good and the weather was nice. Have a great time, you're on vacation!
Star Princess-Alaska 2008
Star Princess-Alaska (again) 2009
HAL Oosterdam - New Year's 2009 into 2010
Carnival Spirit-Baja Birthday Cruise 2010
NCL Spirit - W Caribbean Bday Cruise Oct 2011
Island Princess -Alaska to Denali 2012
Coral Princess - Panama Canal 2013
2014 Booked - Azamara Barcelona to Monte
Carlo
2015 Booked - Carnival Dream to Caribbean

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 6th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Admiral

I love her !! Just curious, is this your first cruise ?
Old June 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to delmar60
Default Thanks everybody!!

Hey Guys and Gals, thanks for all your feedback!! To Venice, nope this will be our 4th cruise!! Just one more quetion, is there a Captins welcome aboard party on a 4 day cruise?? Also a past guest party?? Wow do I sound cheap or what!! Thanks
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Admiral

Yes there will be a Capt's cocktail party.
Past Guest cocktail party only on cruises 5 days or longer.
54 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle, Breeze, Sunshine X2
6 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old June 7th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Admiral

shame on me..if I had read the bottom of the post I would have known that