Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default No Meditteranean cruises next summer

Anyone know why there are no Meditteranean cruises next summer? The only European summer cruises are in the Baltics.

Carnival Freedom/4-2007

Free Cruise Clocks
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Carnival.com lists some [Liberty]. Granted, most start after Labor Day
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I just took a peek and was surprised too. If this itinerary is really on your to do list, another line will have to suffice...I am sure if you do select another line, you will have a wonderful cruise. I wish I had the Med on my list!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 10th, 2008, 01:32 PM
First Mate

Apparently you can disregard the following countdown clock. I've been reading here that this cruise has been cancelled.Just checked the CCL website and it still says "Only 466 days till you cruise on the Freedom". Just when does Carnival plan to notify customers of the cancellation. We're obviously going to have to change our plans.
Carnival Pride Jan/07 Long Beach
Splendour of the Seas Sept/09 Venice
Adventure of the Seas Jan/11 San Juan
Adventure of the Seas Feb/12 San Juan
Navigator of the Seas Jan/13 N'arlins

<

Read and post cruise reviewsRead and post cruise reviews
Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 10th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlubber
Apparently you can disregard the following countdown clock. I've been reading here that this cruise has been cancelled.Just checked the CCL website and it still says "Only 466 days till you cruise on the Freedom". Just when does Carnival plan to notify customers of the cancellation. We're obviously going to have to change our plans.
Bummer, You mean to say that your cruise was cancelled and advertised as such without them first notifying you? I think cruise vacations must be experiencing a downturn now.

Carnival Freedom/4-2007

Free Cruise Clocks
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:01 AM
First Mate

No word yet from Carnival. Their site now says "only 463 days" . I wonder if they know the cruise has been cancelled :evil:

<

Old June 13th, 2008, 12:18 PM
First Mate

Finally got that cancellation thing straightened out. Switched to Liberty 1 day later for the western Med. It's far enough off without adding another day!

<

Old June 13th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Admiral

I read somewhere that the Europe/Med cruise market has become saturated and many of the mass markets lines (RCCL, CCL, NCL, etc.) are pulling some ships out and putting them back in a caribbean itinerary rotation. I can't remember which cruiseline but one of the 3 mentioned above will only have one ship doing the euro/med itinerary in 2009. It may have been Carnival. I don't remember. Euro/med is not a cruise you do more than one or maybe twice.

NCL is slowly abandoning Hawaii with only one ship left coming out of this port. I predict that eventually NCL will throw in the towel of this itinerary. With the downturn in the economy and the rise (spell that JUMP) in fuel costs, there is little room for mistakes or empty cabins. (another cruise where once is enough)

Because of what it offers (low price, beach, snorkeling, scuba, etc.), the caribbean is the one region where many people visit the same islands/ships over and over and over again (I have done Nassau, St. Thomas and San Juan 4 times each by ship). Therefore, Caribbean can always handle ship saturation b/c of the lower pricetag, abundance of repeat passengers and close proximity of the islands to each other.

Also on my last cruise, the Cruise Director mentioned that in 2009 Carnival will begin venturing into South America with the arrival of one of the newer ships to the east coast (miami/san juan).

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old June 13th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Admiral

I read somewhere that the Europe/Med cruise market has become saturated and many of the mass markets lines (RCCL, CCL, NCL, etc.) are pulling some ships out and putting them back in a caribbean itinerary rotation. I can't remember which cruiseline but one of the 3 mentioned above will only have one ship doing the euro/med itinerary in 2009. It may have been Carnival. I don't remember. Euro/med is not a cruise you do more than one or maybe twice.

NCL is slowly abandoning Hawaii with only one ship left coming out of this port. I predict that eventually NCL will throw in the towel of this itinerary. With the downturn in the economy and the rise (spell that JUMP) in fuel costs, there is little room for mistakes or empty cabins. (another cruise where once is enough)

Because of what it offers (low price, beach, snorkeling, scuba, etc.), the caribbean is the one region where many people visit the same islands/ships over and over and over again (I have done Nassau, St. Thomas and San Juan 4 times each by ship). Therefore, Caribbean can always handle ship saturation b/c of the lower pricetag, abundance of repeat passengers and close proximity of the islands to each other.

Also on my last cruise, the Cruise Director mentioned that in 2009 Carnival will begin venturing into South America with the arrival of one of the newer ships to the east coast (miami/san juan).

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)