Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Wedding Advice/Comments Needed

Has anyone out there gotten married on the ship through Carnival? My daughter is considering this and I thought this would be a perfect place to get information on Carnival's wedding packages. ANY advice, suggestions, pros, cons that you can think of would be GREATLY appreciated.

thank you and happy sailing

[/code]
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

You might want to post this in our "weddings on ship forums", as well...you might find some helpful info there. Good luck!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 12th, 2008, 11:27 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

We were invited to "crash" the wedding of some people we met via Carnival Connections who were "eloping" with a Carnival wedding cruise on Liberty this past May 4th because they could only get married onboard unless they had a minimum of 20. The ceremony was perfect and reception just right. The bride and groom were the best. Although there were just the bride and groom, the best man and his wife, another couple they were friends with and another military friend, when you added in our group of 10 women of all ages from Illinois, Texas and New Jersey, the Bride and Groom couldn't have been happier. Carnival did a wonderful job making sure everything went off just as planned.

We were allowed to embark before everyone else, had the festivities, had time to change and were out on deck in time to enjoy sail away out of Port Everglades.....

I would not suggest a wedding onboard if you're going to have more than 30 even though they can accommodate larger parties. I think the smaller parties is what makes the cruise ship wedding special...

By the way, the dvd, pictures, cake, etc. that the wedding couple received as part of their package were beautiful.

Old June 14th, 2008, 12:43 AM
First Mate

My son was married in May 07 in St. Thomas all details were handled through Carnival. We were on an 8 day cruise on the Liberty. They chose St. Thomas because it is a U.S. Territory and the marriage licensing procedure was much easier. Everything was wonderful. I reccomend it to anyone.
2004 "Glory"
2004"Victory"
2007 "Liberty"
2007" Explorer of the Seas
2009 "Valor"
2009 "Fascination"
2011 " Pride"
2014 "Adventure of the Seas"
Old June 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Yeoman

I have heard a lot of negative comments on the wedding coordinators the cruise lines use. I think they are called WTC. If you are married on the ship and not in the port you have to use this company. If you marry while in port you can hire an independent coordinator. Carla