Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Passenger

Default Shuttle transportation from Ft. Lauderdale airport service q

Has anyone ever used "Quality Limo Service" out of Ft. Lauderdale? If so, how was their service and vehicles, and if not, does anyone have a recommendation for a party of 10 cruisers??? Any information whould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sensation 10/2002
Majesty of the Seas 4/2003
Glory 8/2005
Miracle 8/2006
Imagination 8/2007
Destiny 11/2007
Valor 7/2008
Victory .
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 18th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Passenger

Which port are you leaving from? (Miami or Fort Lauderdale)

My wife and I just returned from a 7 day cruise aboard the Carnival Liberty out of Miami. We flew into Fort Lauderdale on Sat. May 31st and used Go Airport Shuttle (www.floridalimo.com) to the port. The cost was $18/person plus tip and took about 30-40 minutes. Their pickup point is just outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of their customer service reps wearing a white shirt. We only waited about 10 minutes. There were six of us in the van (but it holds 8-10)and it was much quicker (and lesss expensive) than waiting for the Carnival transfer.
Things went very smoothly.

However we did use the Carnival transfer back from the port to the airport. This way we were one of the first off the ship and they had the responsiblity to get us to the airport on time for the return flight.

Enjoy you cruise.
Old June 19th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Passenger

Thanks C-Tiger, we are also flying into Ft. Lauderdale and cruising out of Miami. We used Carnival's transfers this past August out of Miami and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Even though we haven't had any past problems with transportation companys, I wanted some information about "Quality Limo Service". I found their site online and they responded with some great quotes for the 10 of us. I know that the shuttle companys in the FT. Lauderdale/Miami are very competative, however I'm prone to be skeptical of anyone or any company who says that they will match any price that I am offered. Right now my inclination to go with "Quality Limo Service" unless I hear some really negative comments from this message group
Sensation 10/2002
Glory 8/2005
Miracle 8/2006
Imagination 8/2007
Destiny 11/2007
Valor 7/2008
Victory .
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by washijoh
Thanks C-Tiger, we are also flying into Ft. Lauderdale and cruising out of Miami. We used Carnival's transfers this past August out of Miami and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Even though we haven't had any past problems with transportation companys, I wanted some information about "Quality Limo Service". I found their site online and they responded with some great quotes for the 10 of us. I know that the shuttle companys in the FT. Lauderdale/Miami are very competative, however I'm prone to be skeptical of anyone or any company who says that they will match any price that I am offered. Right now my inclination to go with "Quality Limo Service" unless I hear some really negative comments from this message group
We just returned from the Valor. We had 26 of us and used Ace Tours. we flew into Lauderdale on Saturday and cruised on Sunday. We used them 3 times. They piced us up at FLL and took us to our Miami hotel. Then to Port of Miami and then for our return trip to airport. They charged us 10.00 per person for each leg of our journey. They were there on time for every trip and very clean .

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Passenger

Runamuc, thanks for the information. We have been qouted the same prices for exact transfers as yours. I thnk that I will go with "Quality Limo Service". We cruise in 53 days
Sensation 10/2002
Glory 8/2005
Miracle 8/2006
Imagination 8/2007
Destiny 11/2007
Valor 7/2008
Victory .
Old June 25th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Well, I contact your Quality Limo Service you mentioned and have requested a price quote for pick up at the port, do the park everglades airboat tour, and then transfer back to the Ft Lauderdale airport. We'll see what they come back with. I hope it will be good.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old June 25th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Beginner

Just DO NOT use Millenium limo....bad bad bad
Old June 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Well, I got a quote and this is for:

The total rate for the transfer from the Port of Miami to the park Everglades and then to the FLL Airport is:
- $248 dollars for party of 4 OR === 62.00 pp
-$350 dollars for party of 6. ====== 58.33 pp

Rate includes transportation and tickets to the Park.
Gratuity to the drivers is not included.

What to do you all think??????? We will most likely have the party of 4.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008