CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Bahamas cruise in October (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/352452-bahamas-cruise-october.html)

cruznstisle June 19th, 2008 06:56 AM

Bahamas cruise in October

I'm trying to decide how/what to pack and I'm not sure how the weather will be. I'll be leaving out of Charleston, know the weather there, but what about once aboard ship for the cruise itself? Any and all advice is welcome!!

Trip June 19th, 2008 09:20 AM

I would guess the first day, may not be pool weather, but considering you are quite south already, you should be warm by day 2, off the Floroda coast, heading for even warmer weather. Think Tropical:)

cruznstisle June 19th, 2008 03:13 PM

That's what I'm hoping for Trip, but as this is my first time out, I wasn't sure if I should pack more swimwear type things, sundresses, or polos and shorts. I'll have my dressy stuff for the evenings of course and I plan to take a light wrap just in case.

Trip June 19th, 2008 10:41 PM

I sure wish you a fabulous first cruise..I would pack just as you planned. The light sweater /sweatshirt is a smart idea..and 2 bathing suits is perfect. One to wear, while one dries....please come back and share your excitement!

skiing cruiser June 22nd, 2008 09:37 PM

Hi,
We've been on 2 late October cruises and 1 November cruise. We've always taken the same type of clothes we would take for a summer cruise. When we left our house in November 2006 it was 28 degrees. We drove to Port Canaveral. It stayed cold until we got around Georgia on I-95 then it started getting warmer. We went to the beach in New Smyrna when we got to Florida. It was warm enough to swim.
You might be a little cool on embarkation day in Columbia, but by the time you get up the next morning it will be nice and hot. The Bahamas are really nice in October. Have fun.

cruznstisle June 22nd, 2008 11:28 PM

Thanks so much for the wonderful info. I know that if I was doing a land vacation, it would definitely be summer wear, but wasn't quite sure about being on the water. I've read some posts where people have said it's cool on the ship too. I don't want to overpack, even though luggage won't be an issue as I'll be driving to port, but I want to have what I'll need too.

cruisecouple June 27th, 2008 02:28 AM

The weather was gorgeous in October but be sure to take a sweater or shawl for inside which was freezing! My friend and me both came home with borderline pneumonia and it wasn't from a virus. Hot outside, cold inside equals awful colds! Our spring cruise was much better and we didn't freeze inside.

mehawk June 29th, 2008 01:36 AM

My first cruise was to the Bahamas in October of 1999. I dressed for the tropical weather. It was warm but not hot.