Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Shall we get married onboard or ashore?
Onboard! 17 73.91%
Ashore! 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default How shall I ask the Captain to marry us?

My bride and I would like the Captain of the Carnival Liberty to marry us between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m., Dec. 1st, 2009, after departing from St. Maarten, while the sun and moon, symbolicly, both share the heavens.

We have yet to ask the Captain for this favor. Any advice on how to approach him or her with this request?
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: How shall I ask the Captain to marry us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshLord
My bride and I would like the Captain of the Carnival Liberty to marry us between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m., Dec. 1st, 2009, after departing from St. Maarten, while the sun and moon, symbolicly, both share the heavens.

We have yet to ask the Captain for this favor. Any advice on how to approach him or her with this request?
Perhaps you should contact him between the hours of 1pm and 2 pm on the 3 Monday of October

Are you serious? Contact Carnival.. they will give you the specifics
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Captain

If you want the captain to marry you, the first thing you should do is date him for awhile and then meet his parents. Make sure you are ok with him being away at sea for long periods of time and maybe get a boyfriend on the side to keep you company! Also make sure you speak Italian so you can mingle at his dinner parties!
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Admiral

We signed up on the Star Princess to renew our vows for our 30th anniversary. We just went to the Customer Service desk and told them what day and approximately what time we wanted, around 5 pm, so we could go have a nice dinner. Everything went smoothly. Good luck and best wishes!!!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old June 20th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy
If you want the captain to marry you, the first thing you should do is date him for awhile and then meet his parents. Make sure you are ok with him being away at sea for long periods of time and maybe get a boyfriend on the side to keep you company! Also make sure you speak Italian so you can mingle at his dinner parties!
Everybody's a comedian...

Best wishes to you Toni1313 on your upcoming wedding!
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old June 20th, 2008, 06:16 PM
First Mate

Yeah a wedding!!! Best of all a crusie to go with it.
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess
Carnival Splendor (3 days of towing back to port)

Carnival Dream

Have a great cruise all!! 8)
Old June 20th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

You are best off to call Carnival and see if it is possible. I also know one fact, the captain of the ship is not ordained to perform a marriage ceremon.y He could renew your vows, but he can't legally sign a marriage certificate!!!!

It is a nice thought to get married on the ship.......perhaps if Prince Charming happens to find where I live I'd consider getting hitched on a ship!!!!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old June 21st, 2008, 07:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default I just contacted Carnival

via e-mail (weddings@carnival.com). After perusing their site, I fear that our plans may be foiled, because St. Maarten is not listed among the ports where they conduct onboard weddings. Canadian waters are listed, so I take it Carnival is Canadian, and their Officers have the authority to marry people in Canada.
Old June 21st, 2008, 12:33 PM
Admiral

I wish you the best on your wedding you should contract Carnival to make the arrangements. Per Carnival's website
http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_T...s/shipwed.aspx
Shipboard weddings can be performed while in the following ports-of-call:
Barbados
Baltimore
Canadian Waters
Catalina Island
Ft.Lauderdale
Galveston
Grand Cayman
Honolulu
Key West
Los Angeles
Maui
Miami
Montego Bay
Nassau±
New Orleans
New York
Ocho Rios
Pt. Canaveral
San Diego
San Juan
St.Thomas
Tampa
Vancouver
Also Per Carnival's website
http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_T...s/landwed.aspx
Island weddings can be performed in the following locations:
Barbados
Cozumel
Grand Cayman
Key West
Montego Bay
Ocho Rios San Juan
St. Thomas
I hope that helps you.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 21st, 2008, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy
I misunderstood the question myself. That would be bold of a passenger...go on a cruise in order to marry a ship's captain. Hey...I LIKED their confidence!

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:44 PM
First Mate

Default Re: I just contacted Carnival

Quote:
via e-mail (weddings@carnival.com). After perusing their site, I fear that our plans may be foiled, because St. Maarten is not listed among the ports where they conduct onboard weddings. Canadian waters are listed, so I take it Carnival is Canadian, and their Officers have the authority to marry people in Canada.
The on board weddings are performed by a wedding officiant, not the captain. Carnival is a U.S. company, ships are foreign flagged, Officers are Italian.

If you want to be married on board by a Captain, Celebrity Cruise Line and Azamara Cruise line are the only ones I have heard of that will be doing it later this year.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:27 PM
Admiral

Default Re: I just contacted Carnival

Quote:
St Maarten has a website for tourist information here is a link from that site about wedding requires for getting married in St. Maarten.
http://www.st-maarten.com/weddings.htm

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 22nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: I just contacte

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
St Maarten has a website for tourist information here is a link from that site about wedding requires for getting married in St. Maarten.
Thanks for the link, katlady!

The list you provided of places to get married onboard Carnival ships is the list I was looking at.

Getting married on St. Maarten violates a vow my bride and I already made to get married onboard a cruise ship. Perhaps we could have our own little ceremony on Dec. 1st, and the legal one on Dec. 4th, in Miami, which is on the list.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Perhaps we could have our own little ceremony on Dec. 1st, and the legal one on Dec. 4th, in Miami, which is on the list.
Actually that is how most Destination Wedding couples are doing it now because of residency requirements in many of the locations. If you do the legal back in the states then the sky is the limit for where, when and how.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Captain

I thought the captains on Carnival do not perform weddings
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Apparently, Carnival doesn't do weddings

...onboard, in ports, the day of disembarcation.

I received an e-mail response from Beth McDonald at weddings@carnival.com telling me that our transatlantic cruise wasn't going to any ports where they perform weddings.

Not technically true, I don't think, since Miami is listed on their page quoted above by katlady, and is the final destination on our transatlantic itinerary...

So the next day, Dec. 5, 2009, we depart from Miami on the Carnival Destiny!
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Admiral

I think you are doing the reverse of the cruise I just did. We went Miami to St. Maarten, Funchal Madeira Island, Malaga Spain, Livino Itlay, and ended in civitavecchia (near Rome) Italy. If you have any questions ask away.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 25th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the link, katlady!

The list you provided of places to get married onboard Carnival ships is the list I was looking at.

Getting married on St. Maarten violates a vow my bride and I already made to get married onboard a cruise ship. Perhaps we could have our own little ceremony on Dec. 1st, and the legal one on Dec. 4th, in Miami, which is on the list.
I believe that the Captain's of Princess ships are the only ones who can perform "official" weddings. Here's a link to more information:
http://www.princess.com/learn/onboar...ding/index.jsp

Congratulations and best wishes!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old June 27th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Thanks for the kind wishes!

I'm fairly certain we'll have the ceremony onboard the Carnival Destiny on Dec. 5, 2009. I've already made a reservation for this cruise as well. Now, if Beth McDonald would just reply to my last e-mail!
Old July 1st, 2008, 06:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Our freinds had a vow renewal aboard last week. For what Carnival charges for a wedding, you could bring your own minister along and improvise. I bet you would have plenty of witnesses on the Lido Deck when leaving port.
Old July 1st, 2008, 08:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Questions about Civitavecchia en route to Miami

Quote:
I think you are doing the reverse of the cruise I just did. We went Miami to St. Maarten, Funchal Madeira Island, Malaga Spain, Livino Itlay, and ended in civitavecchia (near Rome) Italy. If you have any questions ask away.
Yes, it does sound as if my bride and I were about to take the same route in the opposite direction, with slight differences in the route. We're starting in Civitavecchia; our last two stops are St. Maarten and finally Miami; and our route includes Malaga, but neither Livino nor Funchal Madeira. Instead, we're going to Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca.

Anyway, I've already reserved a room with a balcony and seaview at the Hotel San Giorgio for the two nights prior to our cruise. Do you consider that a good choice?

How do you recommend we get to Civitavecchia? I'm thinking we should fly from Kingston, Ontario, Canada, to Rome, and take a taxi or semi-private limo from Rome to the Hotel. Syracuse, New York is my nearest airport, and Charlottesville my bride's.

What do you recommend we see and/or avoid in Malaga and St. Maarten's?
Old July 1st, 2008, 08:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default our own minister and witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubapete
Our freinds had a vow renewal aboard last week. For what Carnival charges for a wedding, you could bring your own minister along and improvise. I bet you would have plenty of witnesses on the Lido Deck when leaving port.
Yes, the wedding fee is over $800, so I imagine I could get a better deal bringing a minister. We may just do that, especially since nothing else Carnival offers in its wedding packages matters to us, since it's probably just going to be the two of us and the officiator at the ceremony.

Our original intent was for the full moon and the sun to be our witnesses.

One of the reasons we want to get married onboard is to avoid idle curiosity seekers. This may seem contradictory, since I've invited "CruiseMates" to our wedding twice, via the MOB section herein, but I'd like to make friends who might come to our wedding beforehand. Which would be the beauty of MOB-ing. Although I've noticed that there's not much interest in meeting us onboard...
Old July 1st, 2008, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Questions about Civitavecchia en route to Miami

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, it does sound as if my bride and I were about to take the same route in the opposite direction, with slight differences in the route. We're starting in Civitavecchia; our last two stops are St. Maarten and finally Miami; and our route includes Malaga, but neither Livino nor Funchal Madeira. Instead, we're going to Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca.

Anyway, I've already reserved a room with a balcony and seaview at the Hotel San Giorgio for the two nights prior to our cruise. Do you consider that a good choice?

How do you recommend we get to Civitavecchia? I'm thinking we should fly from Kingston, Ontario, Canada, to Rome, and take a taxi or semi-private limo from Rome to the Hotel. Syracuse, New York is my nearest airport, and Charlottesville my bride's. Try using Yahoo fare chase one way. It searches different airlines for you. check the different airports to find the best rate here is a link. http://farechase.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Auj...0R7xBOqs.hpYMA

What do you recommend we see and/or avoid in Malaga and St. Maarten's?
I'm not sure about the hotel. Civitavecchia is about one hour and a half from Rome so depending on your budget I would take the Limo for comfort. St. Maarten we did the snokel shore x and the was very good. Here is the description
Shipwreck Cove Snorkeling Tour
On this excursion you will:
Have the opportunity to hand feed a wide variety of fish that call these sunken ships home.
Listen as guides point out various different species of fish as well as informing you of the various wrecks you are seeing.
Enjoy the Calypso music, well stocked bar and gift shop, ample sundecks and shade.
Enjoy complimentary rum punch or fruit punch after snorkeling.

in Malaga we saw the Nerja Caves and the Picasso museum. Malaga is were Picasso was born. Here is a warning about the cave tour you don't get to see the prehistoric paintings of animals and the was disappointing. The caves are beautiful.
Here is the description
Nerja Caves
On this extraordinary excursion you will:
Depart the pier and take the coastal highway for approximately 1¼ hours to Nerja.
Discover once a small fishing village, Nerja is now the biggest resort to the east of Malaga and is an elegant town with an appealing old quarter.
Your guide will familiarize you with its main focal points, especially the famous Balcón de Europa, a magnificent promenade along the edge of a towering cliff once the site of a great Moorish castle.
Observe its sweeping panoramic views of the Mediterranean and the small coves and beaches below against an awesome backdrop of hazy blue mountains are unforgettable.
Visit Nerja’s most spectacular attraction, its fascinating caves, located just three kilometers from the center of town and which are among the largest and most interesting in Europe.
Learn that it is estimated the caves were inhabited between 20,000 BC and 1,800 BC and in its interior, you will find prehistoric paintings of animals and human figures and tools used during this time. Experience the caves’ main attraction, the vast underground set of chambers; the centerpiece in the cave known as "Hall of Cataclysm" is the central column, formed when a stalactite and stalagmite met and joined after thousands of years of growth. It is the tallest of its kind in the world at some 32 meters.
View one of the enormous natural caverns that has been transformed into a concert hall where many performances are staged during the summer. The main event takes place every year in July when the "Festival of Classical Music and Ballet" is held inside of the cave.
After this interesting excursion, we will return to the ship.

Also we did an excellent skip the line tour of the Vatican.

This photo gallery shows some of the fish we saw in St. Maarten.
http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=4727

THis one show the caves
http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=4729

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to KACORPARENTS
Default Hmmmm

I would walk up to him at the Captains party and say..."Will you marry us?"

http://community.webshots.com/user/K...host=community

Carnival Imagination 5/08
Disney Wonder 5/05
Old July 3rd, 2008, 03:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACORPARENTS
I would walk up to him at the Captains party and say..."Will you marry us?"
I thought of that, at the Captain's meet and greet. I suppose I could try it, then book a wedding after he told us to see the wedding department to pay the fee and make the arrangements for an officiant to do the honors instead.