Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Default "TRIUMPH" Have you done it lately?

Has anyone done Carnival "Triumph" lately? I have a GREAT deal booked on "Triumph" for Feb. 1st of 2009, but in the ship poll taken recently, no one choose "Triumph", so I'm wondering why? I've never sailed this particular ship, but it appears to be a near copy of the "Conquest" class ships, so I can't imagine that there's anything wrong with her. Give me your opinion, please.

Ken
"SkyMaster"
Old June 28th, 2008, 08:26 AM
First Mate

We were on the Triumph this past December and had a great time.
Don't worry, the staff was wonderful and the ship was well kept. I've been on other lines, as well, but think that Carnival is a great value.
You'll enjoy it.
Old June 28th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Thanks Susie. I agree that the best bang for the buck is Carnival. We've sailed almost all the other ships that sail from Florida ports, but somehow missed "Triumph". My TA called me the other day, and gave me the price for this cruise in '09, and I just couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to board the "Triumph".

Thanks again,

Ken
"SKY"
Old July 1st, 2008, 05:38 PM
First Mate

We sailed on the Triumph last September. Had a great time and really enjoyed the ports of call in the Eastern Caribbean. The ship and service were all at least as good as every other Carnival cruise we have taken. There are small details that indicated the ship could be due for a refurb but nothing that really stood out as a problem. I would sail her again without a second thought.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
Passenger

Did a 7 day on the Triumph in March had a great time did run into the sewer smell isuue on the lido deck doing from the pool area going thru the resturant area. We were in balconey stateroom 8328 verandah deck quite a bit of noise from the lido deck from the moving of chairs in the pool area (2:30am). Wait staff in the dinning room was wonderful they catered to my DW as if she were celebrity since she is more of a vegetarian that a meat eater.
Old July 4th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Admiral

EXCELLENT! Thanks, all of you, for the valuable information. I couldn't imagine that "Triumph" would be anything less than "outstanding" as all the other Carnival ships have been, for me and Mrs. Jones. I think "Triumph" will be doing a "drydock", and "refit" before we sail her, so she should be even better than you've described.
Thanks again,

Ken
"SkyMaster"
Old July 4th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Ken
Are you willing to share just how good a deal (PM maybe). Money is squeaky tight right now, but I so need to know that there is a cruise in our future.

Marty
Old July 4th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to wehearttravel

Hi,

We cruised Triumph in August, 2007. It was great! Ports were great and the people on the ship took great care of us.

It was our 3rd cruise, we have cruise the Holiday, Celebration and then the Triumph. In 30 days, we will cruise the Conquest.

The best stops on the Triumph were the San Juan, Puerto Rico and St. Thomas.

Both very beautiful islands and we had a blast!

I was impressed with all of the cruises that I have taken and my family and I usually plan one each year.

Angela
Old July 5th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Familiar Face

We sailed the Triumph on June 1st (seems like it was forever ago, was it really just 5 weeks ).

We had a great time. She will have been in dry dock by the time you sail, so you will experience a slightly different ambiance than we had.

The ship was clean, the service was excellent, the food was good and I wouldn't hesitate to sail again on the Triumph. Hopefully the pink bathrooms will be updated (I could have stood a bit more storage for shampoos, shaving cream, razor, etc in the shower area, but it didn't detract from the cruise). There was plenty of storage for two, all of our luggage stowed away perfectly under the bed.

We were on the Verandah deck in cabin 8204. It was a balcony guarantee and I was very pleased with the location. That deck is one that is a good one to use as a "freeway" from one end of the ship to the other. Convenient to elevators, either dining room and the Lido deck.