Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Familiar Face

Default Should I Book on line?

I'm looking at the Triumph on May 09. My last two cruises were booked through a TA but I'm concidering booking on line or directly through Carnival. Any thoughts or suggestions? Is one way better that the other?

Carnival Dream 1/2012

Oasis April 10
Liberty of the Seas 08
Carnival Triumph 05
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Admiral

This is a "toss up", and you'll find opinions both ways on this site. I personally, use a TA, but she knows exactly what I want, and I have yet to find anyone who will beat her price. She is always there when I have a question, and I know I can count on her to find any discount that might be available. Having said all that, if your PVP, or whatever Carnival calls him or her knows all that,,,,they are in a good spot to watch prices, etc. (If they will) Perhaps the best way to look at it is that a Travel Agent works for you,,,,and the Carnival PVP works for Carnival.

Ken
"Sky"
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Admiral

I have booked on line for most of my cruises. Some with the cruise line itself, most with mega sites (Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc) and once with an independent TA from out of state. You just have to constantly research and know what a decent price is. All sites do not offer the same price at any one time.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old June 30th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

I have done bookings both ways. I like the on the phone direct way better dealing with a planner from Carnival than booking online because I can get my questions answered by a live person. I have used online with success but I get my answers via email and I have to wait a bit for them to answer them. They have been helpful though. Booking online with a different company other than Carnival I seem to get more perks though like insurance paid for free or a free weekend trip someplace of my choice thrown in if I book with the company online. Prices I found to be about the same for the cruise I booked either way give and take a few dollars so I guess it balances out in the long run for us.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011