Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default Playa Mia anyone hang here for a day?

Has anyone paid the all inclusive fee and stay the day there while in Cozumel? Was it worth it meaning the beach, drinks and food. Its very afforable.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Admiral

Yes we have. It was a great day there. They were doing a lot of work (out of the way of visitors) to make it even bigger. The food was good, open bar all day, beach activities, nice lounging chairs, the whole bit. It took about 20 m in to 1/2 hour by bus to get there.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old June 30th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Thanks Subtropic for the reply that you have been to Playa Mia. Are the buses that transport you cool and air conditioned or hot like some of the ones I have been on? I get claustrophic really bad if the van or bus is hot. Also did you book it direct with Carnival or on your own? Does the bus set the amount of time you stay there or can you leave earlier. So many questions I have now since I have an expert like Sub who has gone to this all inclusive beach.

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old July 7th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Passenger

Sorry - I did not like Playa Mia. The buffet was very small. The beach does not look like the picture. The water is more like a cloudy gray color and the bottom is very rocky, my feet were torn apart. We swam out to the sea trampolines (most people couldn't climb up on them). I managed to but one edge was broken and could have been very dangerous if you fell into it. Needless to say no one was jumping on it. I couldn't not find the underwater snorkeling that they advertised. I ended up paying someone to boat us out to a snorkel site. The water was very, very choppy and the reefs were to far away to dive down to but... we saw a sea turtle and a sting ray, some barracuda and that part was great. The shopping in cozumel is very good. Also, the lounge chairs they use on the beach are very weird. They are hard plastic things without legs on them, sort of like rocking lounge chairs. They conform to your body and in the butt part they were filled with water and sand. Maybe I am just too picky but as much money as we paid (there were 6 of us) I expected a little more. One other thing: We waited for over an hour for the tour bus to take us to Playa Mia and when we got there we only had 3 hours there. I heard good things about Paradise Island - I would try that. Sorry to be a bummer!
Old July 7th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Thanks Tiffany for your input on PlayaMia it was much appreciated.

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old July 7th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ainsley

ok time for another input. we went to playa mia on our last cruise which left april 28th. we were interested in the playa mia and that is what my parents booked. the beach was pretty when i went. we started about with the hobi cats, paddle boats, and kayaks..we had fun doing this but the trampoline was unavailable for people to get on due to it being torn. the iceburg that you can climb no1 achieved so i felt it wasnt worth swimming out too. as far as snorkeling we brought our own equipment and we snorkeled and that wasnt worth it either because you had to swim around 200-300 feet to even get to the site and i wasnt about to attempt that. the buffet had flies all around it which i found disgusting. the open bar was decent i drank alot of virgin daiqueri's =) that is the only part i enjoyed... the pool was overcrowded and it just wasnt what i expected.. hope that helps. all in all i would say try and find something a little more worth the money...
Carnival Conquest-02.22.04
Carnival Conquest-02.06.05
Carnival Legend-3.25.06
Royal Caribbean Sovereign OTS-4.16.07
Carnival Fantasy 4.28.08
Carnival Fantasy 10.27.08
Norwegian Pearl 3.13.11
Carnival Elation 11.14.11

Future Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 5.21.12
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

I dont know about Playa Mia, but Passion Island is cheap and nice too. They have filmed some Corona commercials there. Its on the other side of Cozumel. But if your looking for an awesome time and a great beach after. I would do the Chankanaab park. We did the Dolphin swim. Its more pricey, but sooooooo worth it. Also you can take the ferry from Cozumel over to Playa Del Carmen and there is awesome beaches. The water over there to me is prettier and then you can shop till you drop. The ferry is 9.00

03/30/2009 ~ Carnival Ecstasy
09/14/2008 ~ Carnival Legend
03/2008 Carnival Victory
09/2007 Carnival Elation
06/2007 Carnival Liberty
09/2006 Carnival Ectasy
12/2004 Carnival Conquest
Old July 8th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Admiral

Paradise Beach is a free beach resort...but it is not an all inclusive.
PB does not charge for lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas, CLEAN restrooms or internet at the bar. They just ask that you eat/drink while you are there.

However, you are going to have the same water at all the beach resorts...because they are all on the West side (the commercial side) whichs faces the mainland.

The East side is beautiful with softer sand...but there are no beach resorts over there...just some small bars because there is no electricity and the rip tides are fierce....

All the beach resorts are 12-15 bucks per taxi (of 4 people) ONE WAY.

If you are all adults and want just a quiet place to relax that is also an all inclusive...I would recommend Nachi. It is $49.00 a person. That is all you can drink and one meal. But the snorkeling is extra and I don't recommend it for folks with kids because there isn't anything there for them to do.

At Paradise Beach you can purchase an optional $10.00 wristband that offers all the water and land toys you need. Our 2 boys always get the wristbands...hubby and I do not. (we are shade people)!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old July 10th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Beginner

Playa Mia is awesome. The beach, food, pool...everything was great. I would definatly go again. Also, when your done roaming the island, stop at the Senor Frogs near the ship port. The locals there are great!