Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2008, 11:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Extended Balcony on Miracle

My husband and I are booking our next cruise (12/15/2008) this week on the Miracle and have a question before we do. We have been really fortunate on past cruises (2). The first was on Spa Deck on the Victory (floor to ceiling windows, thanks to the upgrade fairy), and the second was a balcony on Triumph. For the first time we aren't taking any family with us (cheering loudly!!!!) and we know that we definitely want a balcony as we used it a lot on the Triumph. We can pay a bit more for an "extended" balcony but I am wondering if it's worth it. Is it really that much larger than a regular balcony? Again, we do use the balcony for eating breakfast, reading a book, tanning, etc. but thankfully this time we won't have kids "visiting" from their cabin and get to be ALONE!

Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2008, 09:50 PM
First Mate

The extended balconies on Spirit-class ships are right at 50% larger than a standard balcony... I wouldn't pay extra for it but that's just my choice.

There are few cabins on decks 6, 7 and 8 near the rear elevators that appear to be about twice the size and they are 8E, 8G and 8I extended balconies. Getting one of those might make it worth it. Have your agent confirm the size on those.

Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Passenger

I really enjoyed my extended balcony on the Legend (Spirit class). You may get lucky and end up with one of the promotions that boosts you from an 8A to an 8I. That's how I got my extended balcony. I spent a lot of time reading and just looking out into the ocean.