Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Default Transferring booking to TA

I have already booked our next cruise (in 2009) with a Carnival PVP, so he has received the commission. If I transferred to a travel agent at this point what incentive would they have to take my booking since they would not receive any kind of commission. I'm not really happy with my PVP right now. This is the 3rd cruise I have booked with him, but he just does not seem to care. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2008, 10:29 AM
First Mate

If you transfered your booking to a TA the TA would get the credit and commission for it.

Read and post cruise reviews

Fascination 01/02
Imagination 07/02
Glory 07/04
Glory 12/04
Valor 12/05
Miracle 08/06
Fascination 10/06
Triumph 06/07
Inspiration 11/07
Destiny 08/08 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 11/09 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 10/10 (VIP Status)
Destiny 10/11 (VIP Status)
Enchantment of the Seas(RC)04/13
Dream 07/13
Old July 4th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Captain

Default Re: Transferring booking to TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanamaw
I have already booked our next cruise (in 2009) with a Carnival PVP, so he has received the commission. If I transferred to a travel agent at this point what incentive would they have to take my booking since they would not receive any kind of commission. I'm not really happy with my PVP right now. This is the 3rd cruise I have booked with him, but he just does not seem to care. Any suggestions. Thanks.
PVPs dont receive regular commission. They get credit for the booking. My PVP says even if I transfer the booking to a TA, her credit for so many bookings per month doesnt change.

PVPs dont work on a commission basis per se.
Old July 5th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Admiral

I guess I just assumed they got commission. I might check into transferring to a local agent that does cruises for a real estate agent in our office. They speak very highly of her. Thanks for setting me straight on the commission. I e-mailed my pvp over a week ago with some questions and have had no response from him at all. I think it is time to change.

Need some cruise help?
Old July 6th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

You may be right. Time to move if your unhappy. Transferring shouldn't be a problem at all.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 7th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Admiral

I'm not so sure that we can do that. I asked my travel agency about transferring a booking and it's my understanding that it wouldn't work.

/ticker.png">
Old July 7th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
I'm not so sure that we can do that. I asked my travel agency about transferring a booking and it's my understanding that it wouldn't work.
Transferring from a TA is something completely different than transferring from Carnival.

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman
Quote:
Transferring from a TA is something completely different than transferring from Carnival.
If i understood correctly, the OP booked through Carnival and then wished to transfer the booking through the TA. That's what I did...book through Carnival via phone. I asked my TA out of curiosity if I wanted to could this booking be routed through this TA. I was told no.
No big deal anyway. 8)

/ticker.png">
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman
Quote:
If i understood correctly, the OP booked through Carnival and then wished to transfer the booking through the TA. That's what I did...book through Carnival via phone. I asked my TA out of curiosity if I wanted to could this booking be routed through this TA. I was told no.
No big deal anyway. 8)
Wow, you may need a new TA. I can see why you booked it yourself. It's no problem at all to transfer a booking from CCL to a TA.

Future Cruises:
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

If you booked with Carnival, through one of their Personal Vacation Planners, and they then told you that you could not transfer that booking they were lying to you.

Carnival's policy is to allow guests to transfer bookings to their own travel agents, with no problem. In fact, with a just a bit of looking, especially with a booking in place, many many travel agents will offer a discounted price.

I understand some people feel loyal to their PVPs (for some reason), but if one lied to me, I'd be moving my booking for certain!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
If you booked with Carnival, through one of their Personal Vacation Planners, and they then told you that you could not transfer that booking they were lying to you.

Carnival's policy is to allow guests to transfer bookings to their own travel agents, with no problem. In fact, with a just a bit of looking, especially with a booking in place, many many travel agents will offer a discounted price.

I understand some people feel loyal to their PVPs (for some reason), but if one lied to me, I'd be moving my booking for certain!!
Can't say anyone lied to me, but will keep that in mind. My question to the travel agent might have been more along the lines of "do you want me to transfer it to you' And his response to that was I didn't have to. The booking in question is Sept. 2009 so if I did transfer to a TA it wouldn't be until next year.
Next spring I'm booked on a short cruise ( Holiday from Mobile) via the phone and will give direct booking a try. It gets to the point to where I know what I want and what questions I want asked, and it tends to complicate things going through a travel agency. For this past April's cruise I did most things myself.... online. TA called them when I booked and received this packet which was sub-par to the information & documents I printed online. Seems to me that I could simply call Carnival myself..at my convenience..and do the very same things the TA did. I guess I'll see how that works?

/ticker.png">
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Admiral

Update....I transferred my booking to a local travel agent today that comes highly recommended. She called Carnival and then Carnival called me to confirm that I was switching. Now, I will have to see how good she is. If she just answers my e-mails I'll be happy.

Need some cruise help?
Old July 11th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki

You can not transfer to a travel agent once final payment has been made. I understand that this cruise is for sometime in 2009, but from what you put above, you make it sound like they can transfer at "anytime".