Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Sensation

i'm book on a 4 night cruise to freeport and nassau onboard the Carnival sensation. want to know how is the service onboard?

past cruises
Carnival paradise 2005
Monarch of the seas 2006
Dawn princess 2006

furture cruises
Vision of the seas 2008
Carnival sensation 2010
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

We loved this ship! The crew is awesome, the ship lovely and the food great!

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old July 8th, 2008, 01:40 AM
First Mate

its for me a ship wjth a lot of memory it was our first cruise ship and it was for carnival sensation the first cruise they call it innaguration it was 1991 i think our 12 1/2 year weddingsday. every thing was new and it still stay in my brain it was wonderfull.

i wish you a lot of fun and you gonne get carnivalliced after this you never ever take a other vacation yoin every minute

its still gonne be my dream vacation

-------------------------------
carnival sensation 11/93
carnival destiny 03/06
carnival freedom 07/07
carnival miracle 02/09
rci serenade of the seas 01/10
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Admiral

My son and I cruised Sensation 7-29-07 on that itinerary and the service was great! We were in room M118 and we loved the cruise! if you want to see photos of a cabin, the ports and the ship, check my link to my photos, below.

We did the glass bottom boat excursion (bring dramamine as the little boat really rocks out on the water) and the Atlantis resort (beautiful!).

Let me know if you have any other questions about Sensation!
Old July 16th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
My son and I cruised Sensation 7-29-07 on that itinerary and the service was great! We were in room M118 and we loved the cruise! if you want to see photos of a cabin, the ports and the ship, check my link to my photos, below.

We did the glass bottom boat excursion (bring dramamine as the little boat really rocks out on the water) and the Atlantis resort (beautiful!).

Let me know if you have any other questions about Sensation!
Michelle your photos are great. Also i know that everyone need to fill out the bahamian immigration form before check in but i want to know if everyone have to go to customs in freeport or before board the sensation?
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

No you don't have to go to customs once you get to The Bahamas. Just remember to take your Sail&Sign card along with a picture ID and you are all set to enjoy the experience.
Old November 1st, 2008, 01:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

thanks for your replys but i cancel the cruise. and book on a ncl cruise in 2009
Old November 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkid
thanks for your replys but i cancel the cruise. and book on a ncl cruise in 2009
Why did you cancel and book on NCL?

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old November 1st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoop
Quote:
I like a try a freestyle cruise.
Past cruises
Carnival Paradise 2005
Monarch of the Seas 2006
dawn princess 2006

future cruises
Vision of the seas Dec 2008
Ncl star March 2009
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Captain

I was amazed at the positive responses to this question. Have any of you been on the Sensation lately? We have sailed Carnival 13 times, and usually have a great time. Of course, there are sometimes some little problems, but we love cruising and try to work around these things.

We had sailed the Sensation in 2005 and did not have any problems related to the cruiseship. In August 2008 we sailed her out of Canaveral and it was the worst cruise we have ever experienced. The ship was in bad repair with peeling paint, and dirty worn carpets. At least one toilet was out of order in every public restroom we went into on the ship. They did not have hot water 2 afternoons so we had to take cold showers. Due to plumbing problems, we could not even get a cup of coffee one afternoon anywhere on the ship. The buffet on the lido deck constantly ran out of beverages and ice. At breakfast in the dining room on the 3rd day, we ordered a banana and were told they were out.

One of our prepaid excursions was cancelled due to rough seas, which was understandable. However, the other one was a complete fiasco with several delays involved. It was a 2.5 hour excursion that resulted in taking up our entire day in port due to the delays.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoop
Quote:
I like a try a freestyle cruise.
Past cruises
Carnival Paradise 2005
Monarch of the Seas 2006
dawn princess 2006

OK

future cruises
Vision of the seas Dec 2008
Ncl star March 2009

Past Cruises:
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Passenger

Uh oh, thats not what i want to be reading when im gonna be sailing on her this sunday...i hope she's better this time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies
I was amazed at the positive responses to this question. Have any of you been on the Sensation lately? We have sailed Carnival 13 times, and usually have a great time. Of course, there are sometimes some little problems, but we love cruising and try to work around these things.

We had sailed the Sensation in 2005 and did not have any problems related to the cruiseship. In August 2008 we sailed her out of Canaveral and it was the worst cruise we have ever experienced. The ship was in bad repair with peeling paint, and dirty worn carpets. At least one toilet was out of order in every public restroom we went into on the ship. They did not have hot water 2 afternoons so we had to take cold showers. Due to plumbing problems, we could not even get a cup of coffee one afternoon anywhere on the ship. The buffet on the lido deck constantly ran out of beverages and ice. At breakfast in the dining room on the 3rd day, we ordered a banana and were told they were out.

One of our prepaid excursions was cancelled due to rough seas, which was understandable. However, the other one was a complete fiasco with several delays involved. It was a 2.5 hour excursion that resulted in taking up our entire day in port due to the delays.
CARNIVAL SENSATION-NOV '08
CARNIVAL FASCINATION- MAY '10
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Captain

[quote="kloud9kutie"]Uh oh, thats not what i want to be reading when im gonna be sailing on her this sunday...i hope she's better this time!!

For your sake, I hope you have a much better sailing this week. BTW, are planning any Carnival excursions on this trip?
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Beginner

Default Sensation

Sailing on the 27th Nov, need some reviews of ship and service from resent cruisers, I've heard some good and not so good. Anyone returning from a oct or nov cruise with info will be helpful.
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Captain

havent sailed the Sensation but heard she is slowly becoming a relic. I think eventually the Fantasy class ships will start disappearing from the fleet as newer ships hit the market. I think maybe the Holiday will be first then maybe the Celebration..after that say bye bye to the Fantasy ship..some other cruise line will buy em up with the refurbs.. its like waxing your car and adding some paint to make the resale better...
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Admiral

The Celebration is already gone and the Holiday will be gone next year. I dont think think they will be getting rid of the Fantasy class becasue they just redid them. Also they only have two ships on order and dont plan to order any more. I think Carnival likes to have at least 22 ships at all times. That is why they are waiting to get rid of the Holiday, until the Dream comes.

Past Cruises:
Old November 15th, 2008, 06:15 PM
kookylabooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies

I was on the Sensation the last week of August for a 4 day cruise.It was my third time on the Sensation. Did NOT experience any of what you mentioned.She is scheduled to go into drydock in January for the Evolutions of Fun upgrade.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Beginner

This was a surprise for my mother's 70th B-Day. My mother and sister are seasoned cruisers, as for myself this was the first time. I understand you get what you pay for! I was mortified the second I walked into the Atrium. This ship needs to be retired!!! Only a 3 day cruise, I could not wait to get off. Example: you embark the ship 1-3 hours prior to leaving port, everyone is gathered at the pool. The women's bathroom has only one of two stalls working and the condition is less then sanitary. Notify the staff....what the heck do they care!? The staff was less then knowledgable about events and directions when asked. How is the response "I do not know" acceptable?
The food was the equivalant to school cafe's, dinner plates were dirty if even avail. I am jaded from cruising due to Carnival sensation.
I don't mean to be negative but I need to give an honest review.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 12:03 AM
Admiral

What a bummer. Never had a bad cruise on Carnival. Bob
Old November 23rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
First Mate

Interesting comments. I've been on the Sensation 3 times (23 cruises on Carnival total) - most recently on the Sensation this past September. I did find the Sensation to appear somewhat older but did not find anything to the extreme of this vacationer. I did find some restrooms in need of repairs (sink scratches, tile replacement, etc.), however, I found my cabin and pretty much 95% of the ship to be in good, clean shape. I also did not find the carpets in need of cleaning or repair. Yes, the atrium is much smaller than the new, larger ships but I did not find the ship to be dirty. In addition, I have found the food and entertainment to be better on the Sensation than on even some of the 7 day cruises. The promenade on deck 5, standard on all Carnival ships, was nice and clean. I agree that some of the colors and decor might be outdated and hopefully this will be "updated" with their trip to dry dock soon. I do believe the shorter cruises attract a different type of cruiser (more party types due to shorter cruise length) so I'm wondering if this could be an issue to more seasoned travelers as well. If so, I could see this being an issue to some people.