CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   WiFi (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/353401-wifi.html)

Popeye July 12th, 2008 09:21 AM

WiFi

I will be cruising on carnival glory over christmas. Is there any Wifi avaliable on there yet?

dina July 12th, 2008 09:25 AM

it depends on the ship but there is a internet cafe. There are charges to use internet whether you use your laptop or not.

Floridanamaw July 12th, 2008 10:10 AM

I was on the Glory last October and took my laptop. It's not cheap to get internet, I think I paid 55.00 for 100 minutes (I'm not positive on that). I was able to use my laptop in my cabin. The internet speed is slowwwww. I tried to upload a photo to send to cruisemates and it never did upload. to answer you question, it is available on the Glory, just don't expect fast speeds or cheap prices. I found this:

Cruises less than six days in length:
• 30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)
• 60 minutes for $24.00 ($0.40 per minute)

Cruises six days in length and longer:
• 100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)
• 250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

Popeye July 12th, 2008 12:04 PM

Thanks

mehawk July 12th, 2008 12:43 PM

Ouch! At those prices I think I could... (and do)... exist without the internet for a week. :shock:

Popeye July 14th, 2008 05:28 PM

Well, I probally would be able too in most cases Mehawk, but this cruise is only for me & my daughter. She will want to keep in contact with her boyfreind, and as I started dating someone after I booked this cruise, I will want to stay in contact with her, more so because it is over christmas.

Roynala July 15th, 2008 10:24 AM

Why go on a cruise if you are going to spend your time and $$$$$ on the internet?

Just send me the tickets and I will go in your place.

Floridanamaw July 15th, 2008 10:59 AM

Some of us have elderly parents that need to be checked on, kids we need to contact, etc, etc. It's still cheaper than using the phone.....

Michelle1959 July 15th, 2008 09:49 PM

thanks for posting the prices... I will want to mostly just do quick emails. for example, I'll do an email in Outlook describing the day before, and attach 2-3 photos, then save it. I will answer any emails I got the day before. Then, I will connect to the Internet and click the SEND AND RECEIVE button. As sooni as emial is sent and any new stuff received, I'll disconnect from the Internet. So i'll only be connected for 1-2 minutes each time. And I'll only send email 1-2 times a day. that should keep the cost down.

Staying online actually l composing and replying to emails, that is the thing that takes up time. Better to compose offline, then just connect to send and receive.

The 60-minute plan will do for me for a 7-day cruise. I do want to stay in touch with my son and I can send an email to his cell phone for him to read wherever he is during the day with his dad.