CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Is it cheaper to fly into Ft Lauderdale w/transfers or Miami (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/353462-cheaper-fly-into-ft-lauderdale-w-transfers-miami.html)

ginnyanne July 13th, 2008 07:47 PM

Is it cheaper to fly into Ft Lauderdale w/transfers or Miami

We have the cruise picked now its time for the how to get to and from decision. Its going to cost an extra 106$ total to fly into Miami directly. What is the cost usually for 2 people to and from Miami out of Ft. Lauderdale? I'm guessing that its going to be more convenient and cost effective to fly into and out of Miami. Any help or direction is appreciated, thanks!

CA Cruiser July 13th, 2008 09:17 PM

Many people fly into FLL because it is less expensive. Check here for transfers http://www.floridalimo.com/

Are you coming the day before and staying at a hotel? or flying in the morning of your cruise? If it's the morning of, I would recommend flying into Miami. If it's the day before, relax and enjoy Ft. Lauderdale and ride the water taxis. The above company will pick you up at your hotel and return you to the airport when you return. Enjoy.

ginnyanne July 13th, 2008 09:31 PM

We're flying in the day of the cruise. The flight gets in to FLL at 10:30, so there is quite a bit of time. I think the earliest we can get to Miami is noon.

Fern July 13th, 2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginnyanne
We're flying in the day of the cruise. The flight gets in to FLL at 10:30, so there is quite a bit of time. I think the earliest we can get to Miami is noon.

From FLL to Miami I'd suggest the GO Shuttle. I believe it's $18.00/pp from FLL to the Miami port. Check their website to be sure.

Coming back from the Miami port to FLL you'll do best with a taxi (about $75.00).

ScurvyDog July 13th, 2008 09:55 PM

If you fly into Miami it will still cost you about $24 (plus tip) for the cab from airport to ship. Might have gone up because of gas prices.

Thegambler32 July 13th, 2008 10:26 PM

If you are flying into FLL and leaving out of Miami, transfers thru Carnival is $48 per person. If you fly into MIA and leave out of Port of Miami, it is $28 per person. That is the "round trip" price of both.

C-Tiger July 15th, 2008 12:39 PM

My wife and I sailed out of Miami on the Liberty last month. We have the option of flying out of Newark, NJ (to Miami or Fort Lauderdale) or Newburgh, NY. We flew from Newburgh to FLL because of the flight schedule and it was more convenient, even thou the cost was about the same. We used Go Transportation from FLL airport to the port of Miami. Our plane arrived around 10:30, we grabbed our bags and the Go Transportation booth was just outside the baggage claim area at curbside. We only waited about 10 minutes to be pickup and the ride was about 30-45 minute ($18. pp plus tip). Everything went very smooth.

On our return we decide to take the transfer offered by Carnival ($24. pp) back to the airport. We were one of the first people off th ship and had plenty of time to check our bags and go through security (our flight was at 12:05). We found FLL airport less of a hassle and much easier to go through than Miami.

Hope this helps.

thecruisequeen July 15th, 2008 02:33 PM

I also will be flying into FLL and cruising out of MIA. I called Go shuttle and they quoted me $23.
On the return I think I will do either the cruise ship transfers back to FLL or just cab it.
FLL had the better flight times then MIA.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

:D :D

Cassandra July 16th, 2008 05:41 PM

I still can't complain - its $224 roundtrip from JFK to Miami on American Airlines.

Sure, could fly into Ft. Lauderdale, but then with the price to get to Miami, it's just not worth it. Especially with the Florida manics on I-95, feels like I'm back home!!