Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to ginnyanne Send a message via Yahoo to ginnyanne
Default Is it cheaper to fly into Ft Lauderdale w/transfers or Miami

We have the cruise picked now its time for the how to get to and from decision. Its going to cost an extra 106$ total to fly into Miami directly. What is the cost usually for 2 people to and from Miami out of Ft. Lauderdale? I'm guessing that its going to be more convenient and cost effective to fly into and out of Miami. Any help or direction is appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Many people fly into FLL because it is less expensive. Check here for transfers http://www.floridalimo.com/

Are you coming the day before and staying at a hotel? or flying in the morning of your cruise? If it's the morning of, I would recommend flying into Miami. If it's the day before, relax and enjoy Ft. Lauderdale and ride the water taxis. The above company will pick you up at your hotel and return you to the airport when you return. Enjoy.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to ginnyanne Send a message via Yahoo to ginnyanne

We're flying in the day of the cruise. The flight gets in to FLL at 10:30, so there is quite a bit of time. I think the earliest we can get to Miami is noon.
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnyanne
We're flying in the day of the cruise. The flight gets in to FLL at 10:30, so there is quite a bit of time. I think the earliest we can get to Miami is noon.
From FLL to Miami I'd suggest the GO Shuttle. I believe it's $18.00/pp from FLL to the Miami port. Check their website to be sure.

Coming back from the Miami port to FLL you'll do best with a taxi (about $75.00).

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Admiral

If you fly into Miami it will still cost you about $24 (plus tip) for the cab from airport to ship. Might have gone up because of gas prices.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Beginner

If you are flying into FLL and leaving out of Miami, transfers thru Carnival is $48 per person. If you fly into MIA and leave out of Port of Miami, it is $28 per person. That is the "round trip" price of both.
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Passenger

My wife and I sailed out of Miami on the Liberty last month. We have the option of flying out of Newark, NJ (to Miami or Fort Lauderdale) or Newburgh, NY. We flew from Newburgh to FLL because of the flight schedule and it was more convenient, even thou the cost was about the same. We used Go Transportation from FLL airport to the port of Miami. Our plane arrived around 10:30, we grabbed our bags and the Go Transportation booth was just outside the baggage claim area at curbside. We only waited about 10 minutes to be pickup and the ride was about 30-45 minute ($18. pp plus tip). Everything went very smooth.

On our return we decide to take the transfer offered by Carnival ($24. pp) back to the airport. We were one of the first people off th ship and had plenty of time to check our bags and go through security (our flight was at 12:05). We found FLL airport less of a hassle and much easier to go through than Miami.

Hope this helps.
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Admiral

I also will be flying into FLL and cruising out of MIA. I called Go shuttle and they quoted me $23.
On the return I think I will do either the cruise ship transfers back to FLL or just cab it.
FLL had the better flight times then MIA.

Enjoy your cruise!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old July 16th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

I still can't complain - its $224 roundtrip from JFK to Miami on American Airlines.

Sure, could fly into Ft. Lauderdale, but then with the price to get to Miami, it's just not worth it. Especially with the Florida manics on I-95, feels like I'm back home!!

Serenade of the Seas - '05
Sovereign of the Seas - '07