Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

One time, we were tendering in Belize. Our shore excursion had troubles with one of the boats on the Lamanai river and we were a very late getting back to the port. Due to tides and weather, the ship had to leave the area where it was anchored. So it was just sailing around in slow circles until our tender started out from the port.

Ruby Princess (Inaugural) -
Celebrity Mercury (30th Anniversary) -
Old July 20th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Passenger

My wife and I have seen a number of people either left behind or just making it onboard a number of ships we traveled on. Last year while cruising on the Carnival Miracle and ready to pull out of St. Thomas we saw an older couple running up to the dock as the ship was pulling out. For them it was too late. In Cozumel a young fellow was lucky to get on board when Carnival Paradise was pulling in her lines. The ship’s security kept calling his name hoping he was on board. When he was ready to get on board he was greeted by a few hundred of his fellow passengers who called out ******* to this foolish fellow. Seems he deserved it.
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Admiral

The cruise lines post the times clearly on a big board as you are exiting the ship so there is no excuse not to be back on time. I like going right back to my balcony room to watch people running to the ship at the last minute. Bob
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to seagypsy360

I was on the Liberty in Costa Maya when we were delayed for 4 hrs cause someone on the ship got sick & had to wait for an ambulance from the nearest hospital in Cancun 4 hrs away....don't get ill if your in mexico!!!
Holey moley....the next port was Panama.....the tour bus was in an accident and some passengers were hurt pretty badly....again we waited for an ambulance about 2 hrs....moral of the story....get the insurance!!!
Old July 20th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
I'm like another poster---one of my favorite things to do in Cozumel is to watch the " show " put on by the drunks coming back starting about 45 minutes prior to sailing.
I have seen them brought back in wheel chairs, on crutches--saw one come back with her leg in a cast in a wheel chair--saw several drunks who were so drunk they could barely stagger get in a fight on the dock near the ship. I saw one couple who were so drunk he couldn't get up the gangplank. He kept trying but his legs would buckle. She wasn't much better off---she wobbled over and sat down on one of those orange plastic cones--on the sharp end-- I figured when she got up it would go with her but no such luck !
I have seen people brought out to the ship in boats and have seen many do the hundred yard dash to the boos, cheers, yells, etc. of everyone watching.All entertaining--and it's free !!
One of my favorite things to do in Cozumel.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
The cruise lines post the times clearly on a big board as you are exiting the ship so there is no excuse not to be back on time. I like going right back to my balcony room to watch people running to the ship at the last minute. Bob
I hope my balcony on the Splendor is on the correct side to do this ... sounds like fun!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Quote:
I'm like another poster---one of my favorite things to do in Cozumel is to watch the " show " put on by the drunks coming back starting about 45 minutes prior to sailing.
Guess that is why we had a deck party on the Glory. They called it a sail away - but maybe it was an excuse for the cruise staff to be topside watching for sprinters

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:04 AM
Admiral

LHP, that is one of the highlights of the cruise. Bob