CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Bringing beer back on board from port (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/353667-bringing-beer-back-board-port.html)

spacewoman July 18th, 2008 12:15 PM

Bringing beer back on board from port

Does anyone know if Carnival allows you to bring a six pack back on board, purchased on any island? We were able to do so on our NCL and Princess cruises so wondering if we can do same on Carnival

thanks
Kathy

dina July 18th, 2008 12:25 PM

Any booze I've purchased on shore was taken away and returned to me the night before we dock.

scubapete July 20th, 2008 08:30 AM

They took our booze also. They told us at the x-ray machine to turn it in at the table. I had it in a backpack. When I went to the liquor table, there was a different security guard. I gave him two of the three bottles. No problem mon!

Andrea007 July 20th, 2008 02:43 PM

When they take your alcohol, do you get some sort of receipt for them?

scubapete July 21st, 2008 08:59 AM

They did not give us a receipt. They did mark them well with name and cabin number and on the last nite of the cruise they were delivered to us.

mehawk July 21st, 2008 12:16 PM

It is confiscated, tagged, and returned to you before you get off the ship at home. Then, you have to get it past the customs enforcement.

rinker250 July 21st, 2008 12:32 PM

We were in Cabo on HAL and bought a few bottles of Tequlia at Sammy's Cabo Wabo to take home to friends.
When I dutifully tried to hand them over at the brow, the guy just said "no thanks, I had enough last night" and let me take them to our cabin.

goodtngirl July 22nd, 2008 12:07 PM

Getting back on the ship in Key West with a 6 pk they said you better get these in the room pretty quick or they will get warm!! :wink:

adorethesea July 28th, 2008 04:10 PM

We were on the Spirit last year, Mexican Riviera - my husband brought back a 6 pack from each port we stopped at. We just had it in our beach bag, didn't try to cover it or hide it. Went right through xray machine, nothing was said. The cabin steward kept it on ice for him in a bucket! 8)

spacewoman August 1st, 2008 12:25 PM

Thanks everyone!! We've done two carnivals in the past but it wasn't until we did an NCL cruise that we picked up on bringing beer back on board for my husband.

I will add a comment though - we took a cruise out of NY on NCL's Spirit (by the way a refurbished ship, very very small accomodations) - In St. thomas I got the 5 bottles we were allowed and checked them in with the liquor police when we got back on board. They DID NOT deliver the box to our room the night before we had to go to a conference room to pick up the box. There were lines of people and the dummies didn't sort the boxes out by cabin number. How the heck do you find all your passengers stuff when it is strewn all over the floor?

And yes I understand the comments about giving the cruiselines money. Trust me, even with sneaking some in luggage and bringing beer back on at ports, the cruiseline industry still considers us a great customer!