Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Bringing beer back on board from port

Does anyone know if Carnival allows you to bring a six pack back on board, purchased on any island? We were able to do so on our NCL and Princess cruises so wondering if we can do same on Carnival

thanks
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Any booze I've purchased on shore was taken away and returned to me the night before we dock.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old July 20th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

They took our booze also. They told us at the x-ray machine to turn it in at the table. I had it in a backpack. When I went to the liquor table, there was a different security guard. I gave him two of the three bottles. No problem mon!
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Passenger

When they take your alcohol, do you get some sort of receipt for them?
Old July 21st, 2008, 08:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

They did not give us a receipt. They did mark them well with name and cabin number and on the last nite of the cruise they were delivered to us.
Old July 21st, 2008, 12:16 PM
Admiral

It is confiscated, tagged, and returned to you before you get off the ship at home. Then, you have to get it past the customs enforcement.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 21st, 2008, 12:32 PM
Admiral

We were in Cabo on HAL and bought a few bottles of Tequlia at Sammy's Cabo Wabo to take home to friends.
When I dutifully tried to hand them over at the brow, the guy just said "no thanks, I had enough last night" and let me take them to our cabin.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
Passenger

Getting back on the ship in Key West with a 6 pk they said you better get these in the room pretty quick or they will get warm!!
Fascination 2002
Destiny 2008
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Beginner

We were on the Spirit last year, Mexican Riviera - my husband brought back a 6 pack from each port we stopped at. We just had it in our beach bag, didn't try to cover it or hide it. Went right through xray machine, nothing was said. The cabin steward kept it on ice for him in a bucket! 8)
Old August 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks everyone!! We've done two carnivals in the past but it wasn't until we did an NCL cruise that we picked up on bringing beer back on board for my husband.

I will add a comment though - we took a cruise out of NY on NCL's Spirit (by the way a refurbished ship, very very small accomodations) - In St. thomas I got the 5 bottles we were allowed and checked them in with the liquor police when we got back on board. They DID NOT deliver the box to our room the night before we had to go to a conference room to pick up the box. There were lines of people and the dummies didn't sort the boxes out by cabin number. How the heck do you find all your passengers stuff when it is strewn all over the floor?

And yes I understand the comments about giving the cruiselines money. Trust me, even with sneaking some in luggage and bringing beer back on at ports, the cruiseline industry still considers us a great customer!