Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Inspiration

We are thinking of taking the Carnival Inspiration next March. I know this is only a 4-5 day cruise and I have done 8 other 7-8 day cruises, but wanted to check this shorter cruise out.

If you have been on the Inspiration within the past year, would you give me your pros/cons on the ship, etc.

Also, I understand there is no hair blower, but you can ask your steward to bring you one???

Is there a safe in the room?

What is in the bathroom in regard to supplies. I know in the bathrooms in Carnival I've traveled before, they have shampoo/cream rinse, razors, etc. Do they have this on the Inspiration also?

Do they still do the animal towels?

Is there only one dining room for the two different time periods, or are there two (FREE) dining rooms?

I would appreciate any answers I could get in regard to the above.

brneyes
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

When I get back in October I will have a review and lots of pictures. 8)

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Admiral

I just did the "Inspiraton" in March, and she is OUTSTANDING! The ship just came out of refit, and is really in great shape. The new Serenity area is super, and not to be missed. The new Water Works is great too, and especially if you're traveling with kids, they'll love that area. Many adults like it too. I don't know about the hair dryer, as we usually take along a small travel one, but I'm sure if there isn't one in the cabin, that the steward could supply one for you.
Yes, there is a safe in the cabin, and it's one of the new ones that requires a card with a mag stripe. Take along a library card, or craftsman club card, or some other card that is no great loss if you happen to lose it.
The bathrooms have the usual "Carnival" supplies in them. A basket full of various shampoo, aspirin, razors, etc. It's different each time, so I can't tell you exactly what you'll have.
There are two dining rooms aboard, and they are basically the same. The aft dining room is slightly more desirable, as it has the windows facing the stern of the ship as well as the side windows. I think Carnival has gone to only two dining times, instead of four, and both dining rooms will serve both times. 6 P.M. and 8:15 P.M. I think.
You'll love "Inspiration". It's very easy to find your way around on, and has all the entertainment and shows that you can find on the other Carnival ships. Port of Tampa is Excellent, and very easy to embark and debark from. Good parking, if you drive to the port, and a fun place to sail from. (GREAT sailing under the SkyWay Bridge!)
I've probably missed something you're curious about. If so, just ask away, and I'll answer if possible.

Ken
"SkyMaster"

P.S. I'm sailing her again in 4 weeks, Come on along, and don't miss the passengers talent show. I hear there will be a GREAT singer aboard.
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM
First Mate

Default Carnival Inspiration - March 2009

Dave and Ken, thank you for getting back with me on my questions.

Dave, I will look forward to reading your report on the Inspiration this Fall.

Ken, you did a good job of answering my questions. I'm glad to know there are two "main" dining rooms, instead of one. When I looked on the website, it only looked like there was one.

Did it seem like there was ample room (I've been on the Carnival Liberty and Triumph) in your staterooms for your luggage, etc.? By this being a smaller ship, I thought perhaps there might not be as much. The Liberty was a larger ship than the Triumph, but we were very pleased with the room size on the Triumph.

Also, do they still do the towel animals?

For the sea days (I'm used to having "2" sea days for a 7-8 day cruise), did they have plenty of activities for day/night if you wanted to do them?

Did they have a chocolate buffet, or a "special" midnight buffet one night?

brneyes
Old July 24th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Thanks Brneyes:
Yes, there is PLENTY of room in the cabins, and I think you'll find that they are the same size as the "Conquest" class ships. ie: Liberty etc. (considerably larger ships) Yes, they absolutely do have the towel animals,,,,and in fact, the last cruise aboard "Inspiration" they came up with some we'd never seen before! The sea days are my absolute favorites, and you'll find lots more to do than you have time for. As a result, you'll have to decide at breakfast what you'd like to do during the day. The crew aboard "Inspiration" is absolutely great, and it seems because it is an older, smaller ship they try harder.
They did have the "Special Buffet" one night. I don't recall if it was the Chocolate Buffet or not, but it was the one where you can go down and photograph it at about 11:30, then go back in a bit later to devour it! Everything was super, and once again, I know you'll enjoy it.

I can't wait to get aboard myself!

Ken
"SKY"
Old July 25th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Familiar Face

I sailed on the Inspiration in May. It was my first cruise and I loved it! There were more activities to do on the sea days than time allowed. By the end of the day my husband and I were exhausted! I was so sad we missed the midnight buffet because we fell asleep The water slides were fun and so was the mini golf. It was quite windy up there so it was fun watching the balls roll around in mini golf. They have several competitions for the guests that are fun to play (I won the extreme lido deck competition ) I hope you have a great time on your cruise!
Old July 29th, 2008, 06:46 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Inspiration

Oh thank you so much for your input.

I'm "starting" to get Allllllllllllll excited. I still have a long way to go until March, but I have several things going on that will make the time go by fast, what with working, etc.

I'm glad to know they have the towel animals which are so cute. It is good to know the rooms haven't "down sized" as yet, and to know they will have the minature golf. We love it, even if it is WINDY

I was glad to hear they have the "midnight" buffet also. It is so neat to see all the work they go to, just so people can take pictures of all their work, and then it is destroyed once people "attack" it when they get the food to eat.

I'm glad to hear that the "sea days" will be filled with a lot of activites also. That makes it so nice, if there is something you want to do, or just take it easy.

If anyone thinks of any thing else to add to this, I would welcome any comments, pro/con.

brneyes
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Love the Inspiration cruised on her in 2004, 2005 and doing it again in June 2009.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Beginner

Default Just Sailed Inspiration July 24 to 28

The Inspiration is a BEAUTIFUL ship! Looked brand new. As far as towel animals, yes they have towel animals. They even have a class you can take to show you how to make them! I wanted to go to it but decided on another activity. They don't have a chocolate buffet but they did have the midnight buffet the same night as the formal dinner. They also have another midnight buffet with a Mexican theme.

The rooms are a good size with plenty of room to move around. I was worried about fitting 2 large suitcases but they fit under the bed with plenty of room to spare! The bathroom was also a good size (no need to worry about bumping your elbows when taking a shower). The shower head is fully adjustable up and down to kid size (also removable shower-head).

There are 2 dining rooms for your sit down meals (Mardi Gras and Carnivale). There is also a buffet style dining room (Brasserie Lounge). The Mardis Gras dining room was open for breakfast and lunch (much better quality food than the buffet and got the food just as fast!).
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I like the removable shower head..

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:17 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

This cruise was a lot of fun when we did it in May 07. The ship has been totally renovated and I envy you cruising on her next March! I want to cruise on her again but the majority will rule in the next month or so!

Old July 31st, 2008, 11:00 AM
First Mate

Hello everyone, it is so GOOD to get so many responses back to my questions.

Here are a few more:

Is there only one formal night, and if so, what night is it?

Is there a "meet the Captain" night, and if so, what night is it?

Have any of you attended the Avant Garde Louge to hear their music, and if so, how did you like it? It is to be Rock & Roll, which is up our alley.

If you had a window room, could you see alright? I know some rooms are obstructed in some areas, and we wanted to avoid those rooms. If you found yourself in an ubstructed room, do you remember what deck/number it was?

brneyes
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:13 AM
Beginner

On the 4 night cruise there was only one formal night and it was on the 2nd night. The "meet the Captain" night is also on the same night as the formal (just before dinner - free cocktails and hors d'œuvres).

Sorry, we didn't hang out in a lounge with live music but I'm sure you will find one that's up your alley!

We had a window room on the Main deck and it is very large (M119) with an unobstructed view of the ocean.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
First Mate

Carnival Inspiration
by ShotoJuku
Western Caribbean
May 1, 2008

To begin, my wife and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary (in style) aboard the Carnival Inspiration that sailed out of Tampa to Cozumel on May 1st 2008 -- 25 years to the day that we both said "I DO" to one another. This was our first cruise.

As many others have stated in their reviews, each day of the 4-day cruise was packed with fun and excitement throughout each and every day; it just never seemed to stop.

In general, the ship is amazing and befitting her name -- "Inspiration." The ship had recently gone through a refit of sorts and everything seemed to sparkle and shine. The food was plentiful and incredible while the entertainment was exciting and professionally produced.

Our accommodations (an oceanview room) were extremely spacious and exceptionally clean. It seemed that every time we turned around, the wait staff went out of their way to ensure that either our table was clean, glasses were full and that we never really had to ask for a thing.

The formal dining was top-notch with attentive waiters and dynamic cuisine. Here again we were overwhelmed with the high level of the professional staff and exquisite meals -- OPA!!!

When on Cozumel my wife and I experienced the "Fury Catamaran" excursion that consisted of a great day out on the water on a catamaran followed by snorkeling in the clear turquoise water, and kayaking off the beach. An overall great excursion!

Although this was our first cruise, it will not be our last as we are looking forward to, planning and saving for our next -- Carnival Legend anyone?
In the interim we are (flying) to Oahu, Hawaii in July 2008 for an extension of our 25th Wedding Anniversary celebration. So until our next cruise review all I can say is Aloha!

Post Script: I wanted to include my review for your consideration. My Wife and I did travel to Honolulu last month but while there we received the unfortunate news that her Mom had passed away from cancer forcing us to come home early. Nevertheless, our cruise on Inspiration was, and still is, the highlight of our 25th Wedding Anniversary – Bon Voyage!!

Old August 4th, 2008, 10:33 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

don't forget that there are drawers for storing things in the sofa.....

To the previous anniversary poster, my condolences....

Old August 5th, 2008, 11:51 AM
First Mate

Well congratulations on 25 years of marriage, and may you be blessed with many more to come.

I was sorry to hear that you had to cut your trips short to Hawaii, but at least you got there. That is the way I feel about Hawaii. I was wanting to go there for many years and eventually I did. It down poured on us (NOT a light rain) almost every day, so we were driving/touring in the rain. At least it was not cold. We seen what we wanted to see of Hawaii, and I never want to go back. I found an island called St. Lucia, which is not as large, but to me, is BETTER than Hawaii. It is more than beautiful. I think it is a must for everyone to see/visit.

So I gather than there was only "one" formal night? If that is the case, then I only need to take one nice dress. We love dressing up, but this will cut down on luggage since they are making so many changes in the airlines.

It has been 19 years since I've been to Cozumel and Grand Caymon (actually my 1st cruise out of 8), and I'm looking forward to going back, even if it is for a shorter time.

If anyone can think of anything to tell me about the Carnival Inspiration, pros/cons, Grand Caymon or Cozumel, please let me know.

brneyes
Old August 6th, 2008, 02:42 PM
First Mate

It was mentioned that there were "drawers" in the sofa? I have never sat on a sofa where I "noticed" there were drawers. Are they on each end of the sofa? If so, I will look next time.

brneyes