CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/index.php)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   All beverages banned on Carnival Cruise ships? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353983)

horsemen July 24th, 2008 04:30 PM

All beverages banned on Carnival Cruise ships?

just got this when we printed our e doc

Liquor Policy
We are sorry, but guests are prohibited from bringing beverages of any kind for consumption on board the ship. However, if you will be celebrating a special occasion while on board, a bottle of fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise only. A $10 corkage fee will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine in the dining room. You may also purchase mixed drinks and other beverages from any of the ship's bars and lounges. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shops or in foreign ports will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

dose this mean water/soda all so now?

ScurvyDog July 24th, 2008 04:40 PM

Water and soda are OK to bring aboard. Document you printed has heading of
"Liquor Policy" and is refering to alcoholic beverages.

Irish Shark July 24th, 2008 04:41 PM

The topic is Liquor Policy. I read it as booze as the paragraph talks about booze; no mention of soda or water.

misguidedangel July 24th, 2008 09:40 PM

I only plan on bringing an empty water bottle for excursions!!!!

I'll buy my pop on board!!!!!!

IBCRUZIN' July 24th, 2008 10:19 PM

We are sorry, but guests are prohibited from bringing beverages of any kind for consumption on board the ship.

This is listed under Liquor Policy but I read "beverages of any kind" to include water and soda. In order for Carnival to maintain reasonable prices, they have to maximize profit in other areas. Therefore, I am willing to bet this includes soda and water. Otherwise why the updated notation? They never allowed "liquor" on board for consumption. However, they used to turn a blind eye to water and soda but no more.

If you take water or soda, don't be surprised if it is confiscated at embarkation.

BEFdoc July 25th, 2008 07:45 AM

Sailed carnival Pride last year. Brought several 6 packs and wifes perrier. Put it on checked luggage without a hitch. If this is new that is another thing.

lhp July 25th, 2008 12:36 PM

I will find out in 38 days~!!!!

Because we always carry a 12 pkg of diet and a 12 pkg of regular soda.

Snoozeman July 25th, 2008 12:48 PM

Just looked at the FAQ to see if it has changed and it stills says, "Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages."

ragtiki2005 July 25th, 2008 12:54 PM

That is good news. I always bring my diet coke onboard. Bob

Snoozeman July 25th, 2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragtiki2005

Me too :wink:

briguy July 25th, 2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman
Quote:

Hey Snooze, noticed you have a lot of cruises booked. How the heck can you afford the deposits on all those? Have a wife who works on board?

Snoozeman July 25th, 2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briguy
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman
Quote:

Hey Snooze, noticed you have a lot of cruises booked. How the heck can you afford the deposits on all those? Have a wife who works on board?

Some are nice aft wraps (3) but some are value/bargains, solos (2), and secret cabins (1A's), etc.

Used to be the value was a last minute bookings from Galveston, but now with the huge demand the value is in just released listings and grabbing a good cabin early. Thus a longer future cruises list than in the past.

I'm actually doing less than I have the past few years. When Houston gets some ships hopefully the pricing will drop overall from Texas. Hope so.

ragtiki2005 July 26th, 2008 04:29 AM

I just love those aft balcony cabins! Lots of balcony room. Bob

debbyedoops July 26th, 2008 08:25 PM

Last minute

Snoozeman

I am with you...I have spent days online looking for one of those last minute BARGAINs for DH and i ...none to be found. Do you think a TA could find something CHEAP ($200-300pp) for a 4-5 day out of Galveston? or is it not possible?

I am really looking forward to see ehat line come in to Houston, i think it is to open back up in 2009- have you heard anything on this?

thanks
debbyedoops