Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Passenger

Default Cozumel Beaches on your own?

Any suggestions for beaches in Cozumel that are friendly and cheap (that is not with Carnival excursions)?

[Holiday '86 & Holiday '92; Caribe '90; Imagination '95; Seaward '97; Sensation '99; Fascination (Millennium Cruise) '00; Carnival Triumph '01; Carnival Pride '02; Paradise '03 (Smoke Free); Carnival Glory '04 (+3 extra Hurricane Days) & Carnival Glory '05; Inspiration '05; Carnival Mirical '06; Elation '06; Carnival Spirit (HAWAII) '07; Imagination '08; Glory '09; Carnival Freedom '10 & '12; Carnival Fantsey '10 & '11 & '11: NEXT Carnival Breeze 6/13]
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Admiral

You can take a taxi to Paradise Beach. Cost is aprox $15 each way per cab not per person. There is no entrance fee and chairs and umbrellas are free. They just ask that you purchase drinks or food from them. Clean restrooms are available. The beach is nice and the price is right.
HAL Statendam, MSC Divina
Old July 27th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

TAke a cab over to Chakanaab, fee to get in, but great beach, good snorkeling. They also have the dolphin swim there.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 27th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Passenger

We did the Wyndham Resort day pass. It was great. Beach, water toys, food, and drink included! We booked through islandmarketing.com. There was myself, husband, and two kids. If I remember right it was about $110-$120 for the four of us. If you have kids, they have a nice kids pool with a volleyball net set up. There is a swim up bar in the kids pool where the kids can swim up and get virgin dacquiris (smoothies). There is a kids playground. The only drawback is the beach is somewhat rocky. I would suggest water shoes.

Here is a link to our cruise. We were on the Enchantment of the Seas. We were in Key West and then Cozumel. My brother, his wife and son were along and have also uploaded their photos.

Let me know if you have any questions.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561141961SPrEUJ
Old July 27th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Familiar Face

Paradise beach is very good. 15 min. from ship
Carnival Jubilee 88
Carnival Holiday 89
Sovereign of the Seas 91
Carnival Celebration 92
Big Red Boat 93
Explorer of the Seas 03
Carnival Victory 04
Carnival Legend 05
Jewel of the Seas 06
Carnival Triumph 06
Carnival Miracle 07
Carnival Victory 07
Carnival Miracle 08
Carnival Miracle 09
Carnival Liberty 10
Celebrity Reflection 14
Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Shahk

I second Paradise Beach! Cab fare about $15 each way.

Beautiful beach, walk out pier, palapas and lounging chairs, plenty of activities or just sit at the beach with a bucket (or 2 or 3) of Corona's with lime. My idea of a great day!
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Captain

Paradise Beach for sure. They do have a small fee if you want to use the toys (trampolines and rock climbing walls in water, kayaks, floats, etc.) If you just want to relax on the beach, the waiters will be at your beck and call right at your beach chair. Been there several times with just hubby and me and with kids, grandkids, friends ages 6 - 60+ and everyone loves it.

Tell Tom Grammytan said Hello and thanks for the drink in April. He has a great facility here, with clean bathrooms and outside showers, a nice bar and friendly staff. Have a great time! PS also free internet (20 minutes limit) at the bar!

Look them up online at Paradise Beach Cozumel for a full description and menu!
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Admiral

The good news is that Cozumel is an easy and safe port to do on your own.

There are more taxis than sand...so no worries about getting around.

Which Beach Resort really depends on you.

All beach resorts will be $12-15 one way for up to 4 people (depending on where you dock and where you are going).

AND I recommend you wear water shoes for all the beach resorts.
AND food and drinks will be safe at them all.

IF you can eat/drink $49.00 each worth and want a quiet day at the beach... (and don't want kids around~usually no kids but not adult only)...than Nachi Cocom is the place for you.

IF you have kids and want them properly entertained...then I recommend Paradise Beach. $10 OPTIONAL wristband means a day full of fun.
The boys always get one...hubby and I do not. (we are shade people)

IF you want to snorkel from the beach, then the best beach snorkeling is Chankanaab Park. It has an entrance fee of $16.00 a person (you can get a discount coupon off the Internet).

These are always my first 3 recommendations. There are many other beach resorts that either charge an entrance fee or do not have the "toy entertainment" that keep kids totally busy....so they don't make my TOP 3 list.

We go to Cozumel several times a year. We will be there 4 times this year, but have been there as many as 5.

It is my favorite port....because it is so tourist friendly.

As for DOWNTOWN INFO:

If you dock and CarlosNCharlies is at the end of your pier. You are at Punta Langosta. No taxi required to go to town from there. Just turn LEFT at the end of the pier.

If you dock at International Pier....it will be a $5 taxi ride one way into downtown.

IF the Carnival dock is reopened (probably around September) that is Puerto Maya and it is right next to the Internation Pier...so it will be $5 to town as well. (again for up to 4 people)

And *(as stated earlier) it will be $12 -15 one way (for up to 4 people) from any of these piers to go to a beach resort.

have a great time in Cozumel

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old July 27th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Admiral

The other beach that I can recommend is Mr. Sanchos. There is no fee to get in. This beach is smaller than Paradise, but much less crowded, too. There is a restaurant, freshwater pool, restrooms, etc. There are chairs and umbrellas, too. This has become our preferance, on our numerous trips to Cozumel.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 27th, 2008, 03:58 PM
First Mate

lhp: GREAT info, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old July 27th, 2008, 04:02 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
The other beach that I can recommend is Mr. Sanchos. There is no fee to get in. This beach is smaller than Paradise, but much less crowded, too. There is a restaurant, freshwater pool, restrooms, etc. There are chairs and umbrellas, too. This has become our preferance, on our numerous trips to Cozumel.
I think this is where we went last time. It was nice. Not crowded at all. FYI, you do have to pay to use the lounge chairs, if you choose.

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old July 27th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Familiar Face

Concerning Paradise Beach, are there cabs to take you back whenever you want or do you have to wait until the end of the day when they take everyone from the ship back. I'm just concerned about missing my ship or being stuck there longer than I want to be.

By the way, I'll be there in 2 weeks
Carnival Fantasy Aug 2008
Carnival Esctacy Aug 2007
Celebrity Century Jan 1999
Old July 27th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_hdt
Concerning Paradise Beach, are there cabs to take you back whenever you want or do you have to wait until the end of the day when they take everyone from the ship back. I'm just concerned about missing my ship or being stuck there longer than I want to be.

By the way, I'll be there in 2 weeks
There is a cab stand at Paradise Beach. Always plenty of cabs anytime you want to leave.
HAL Statendam, MSC Divina
Old July 29th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp

l
IHP - we have also been to Cozumel several times and love it. Your information you gave on this thread was right on target and very informative. Kudos!
2011 Monarch of the Seas
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Thanks for this post. I've now got a good idea of what to do here in 6 days!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow

I second Mr Sanchos. Our waiter guy took care of us on the beach, set us up with chairs and a table then proceeded to get us drunk. We had a great time and nominate this beach as my preferred stretch of paradise to sit and chill all day..
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old July 31st, 2008, 02:36 PM
Captain

My DH and I usually rent a jeep or car (sometimes with another couple) and drive to the east side of the island. The beaches on this side are beautiful and much less crowded. The current is stronger, though, so safety can be an issue. I usually just wade around for a while. There are also restaurants. We have been to one of them several times, but I can't remember the name of it. (Sorry!)

Have a great time, whatever you do!!

Libragirl
Old August 1st, 2008, 09:51 AM
Passenger

Default Parasailing?

What beaches in Cozumel offer parasailing? My hubby and I cruising for our 20th anniversary. I did parasailing on our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta and would love to do it again on the cruise!
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:44 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libragirl
My DH and I usually rent a jeep or car (sometimes with another couple) and drive to the east side of the island. The beaches on this side are beautiful and much less crowded. The current is stronger, though, so safety can be an issue. I usually just wade around for a while. There are also restaurants. We have been to one of them several times, but I can't remember the name of it. (Sorry!)

Have a great time, whatever you do!!

Libragirl
Coconuts is one of them.
2011 Monarch of the Seas
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:55 PM
Captain

Default Re: Parasailing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Olson
What beaches in Cozumel offer parasailing? My hubby and I cruising for our 20th anniversary. I did parasailing on our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta and would love to do it again on the cruise!
Cozumel Insider (cozumelinsider.com) has a Cozumel beach information chart (Island information - Island Beach Information chart) which lists all the beaches and their amenities. Those that show parasailing are:
Chankanaub State Park, Playa Corona, Paradise Beach, Carlos & Charlies Beach, Playa Sol, Mr. Sanchos and Nachi-Cocum. Lots of other info there as well, including a live webcam.
2011 Monarch of the Seas
Old August 10th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Passenger

We were very happy at Mr. Sancho's beach. We are not shoppers and after we did the Sail, Snorkle and Beach Party excursion, we had this long afternoon in front of us. No way were we going to spend it in shops. We hoped in a taxi - about $15 - $20 for the four of us - and he recommended Mr. Sancho's beach.

We loved it! We got a palapa right away, ordered quac. and chips and cokes and were just peachy. They have a few shops (prices the same as port), NO vendors walking the beach to sell you things, snorkling for free (I think), very relaxing and easy. Our tablemates from the ship had been there all day and said they were very happy there. Only caveat - our taxi driver said, give me $30 right now and I'll wait for you. We didn't take him up on it, took a chance that there would be taxi's waiting when we needed to rock and roll and there were PLENTY. No need to pay a taxi to wait for you, kind of scamming a bit, or trying to.
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

The morning of our Cozumel port stop we booked the Fury Catamaran - Deluxe Sail, Snorkel and beach party. It was absolutely great. Free soda, beer, and margaritas. The only part was that it was not long enough for the snorkeling for me (nothing ever is) and the food was extra (9.00 for a cheeseburger and pasta salad). I suggest for anyone doing this excursion - order room service or the deli for a cold cut sandwich to take with you and a bottle of water.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cozumel Beaches on your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeraudg
Any suggestions for beaches in Cozumel that are friendly and cheap (that is not with Carnival excursions)?
What cruise itenerary are you going on. If you are going to Grand Cayman also I would suggest going to the 7 Mile Beach becuase the water is very warm and the water is very clear. When we went there was 3 very large ships in port and the beach was still not very crowded.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old August 12th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Passenger

This post has really helped me think about where I want to go in 9 days. thanks so much!

Inspiration 08/21/08