Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Passenger

Default Another Excursion Question - Chankanaab Park in Cozumel

I would like to go to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. I have heard that it is a great day for a family. I was hoping to venture out on our own to do this. Can anyone tell me if they did go here (not on the Carnival Excursion), how did they get there? Are there taxis near the dock? What do you recommend? The wisdom on this forum is amazing and I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you! Only 5 days to go...YEAH!
Fascination - 7/2006

Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to cruzaddict

We went on our own last September. After you walk off the pier there is a taxi stand across the street. They have police or guides that stop the traffic to allow pedestrians to cross the street. You may get a taxi without crossing the street but there's a line of them at the taxi stand.

Anyway, there were 8 of us so they put us in a taxi van which took us to the park for $14 each way total - so we each paid $2 each way. They have taxi cars also. It's a straight shot to the park, but took about 5 minutes to get there. When you leave they usually have one or two taxi's waiting at the park entrance, but they said they call for one if not already there.

I highly recommend going there at least once!

Carnival Ecstasy 4-06, Carnival Conquest 9-07
Mariner OTS 9-08, Carnival Conquest 2-09
Carnival Conquest 9-09, Carnival Fantasy 1-10
Carnival Triumph 5-11, Mariner OTS 11-11
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

You will love the park. Catch a taxi - and like the above poster said, I believe its like 12-14 for the taxi (up to 4 people). You have to pay admission to the park, but it is well worth it to spend the day there. Beaches are white, clean and snorkeling is great. Now - they don't have the beach where you can wallk right in the water, but rocky ledges which make it so good for snorkeling. They have food/ drinks/ lounge chairs/ anything you want for a great day - walking trails, ruins, dolphins, seals, Definitely go - you won't regret it.