Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival's Platinum Program question.

We have been platinum with Carnival for some time now and we have so many Carnival bags that we have begun to give them away to family.
I was wondering if Carnival has changed the platinum gift to something different. I heard they may have. We are cruising Sept. 18th on the Imagination for our 35 anniversary and I was wondering if we will get something new as our platinum gift.

[Holiday '86 & Holiday '92; Caribe '90; Imagination '95; Seaward '97; Sensation '99; Fascination (Millennium Cruise) '00; Carnival Triumph '01; Carnival Pride '02; Paradise '03 (Smoke Free); Carnival Glory '04 (+3 extra Hurricane Days) & Carnival Glory '05; Inspiration '05; Carnival Mirical '06; Elation '06; Carnival Spirit (HAWAII) '07; Imagination '08; Glory '09; Carnival Freedom '10 & '12; Carnival Fantsey '10 & '11 & '11: NEXT Carnival Breeze 6/13]
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Admiral

Yes indeed they have. You'll now get a really cool little thermos bottle, with its own vinyl cover and carrying strap, and a groovy top that allows you to pour without removing the cap. It's pretty nice, but as you noted, if you cruise a lot you'll wind up with a bunch of these too. (I've got four of 'em already ) I usually start giving them away after the second or third cruise.

Ken
"Sky"
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Yep...when you get 3 or 4 at a time and cruise several times a year...they start stacking up!! We have given away several, currently have 7 sitting in the closet and will get 12 more by the end of the year.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

lhp do you ever sell the extras you have?

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Wish I could afford to cruise so much that I got gifts that I could give away

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

I love my little thermos in a case from carnival. I take chicken soup as my mid morning snack instead of drinking coffee or tea etc. I fill it at 5:30 am and by 11:30am its still boiling hot. It was given to me by a cruiser who had received a few already. Best gift I was ever given!

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old July 30th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Beginner

Default CARNIVAL'S PLATINUM PROGRAM question

Yeah!!! I was wondering the same thing - the bags are great quality, but it will be fun to get something different! Can't wait to see the new thermos!! Thanks for the news.
Old July 31st, 2008, 12:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Yipee -- my next cruise is my first platinium! I'll get a gift!! YIPEE Is that one gift per person thats platinium??
Old July 31st, 2008, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylroy
Yipee -- my next cruise is my first platinium! I'll get a gift!! YIPEE Is that one gift per person thats platinium??
Yes indeed. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I get two, as she's platinum also.

Ken
"Sky"
Old July 31st, 2008, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Quote:
I have had it go both ways. Both of us are Platinium but sometimes the steward has left just one gift while at other times it has been one each. They might have brought another but we did not ask. The food goodies delivered have always been just one plate for the cabin and not one each.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro
lhp do you ever sell the extras you have?
No... I just give them away.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old July 31st, 2008, 10:21 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScurvyDog
Quote:
I have had it go both ways. Both of us are Platinium but sometimes the steward has left just one gift while at other times it has been one each. They might have brought another but we did not ask. The food goodies delivered have always been just one plate for the cabin and not one each.

I am not sure if both get a gift, we are both platinum and at first we both got the gift, but the last times only one per room. Which I think is wrong, if both are platinum then you should both get the gift.
(Are you listening Carnival?)

[Holiday '86 & Holiday '92; Caribe '90; Imagination '95; Seaward '97; Sensation '99; Fascination (Millennium Cruise) '00; Carnival Triumph '01; Carnival Pride '02; Paradise '03 (Smoke Free); Carnival Glory '04 (+3 extra Hurricane Days) & Carnival Glory '05; Inspiration '05; Carnival Mirical '06; Elation '06; Carnival Spirit (HAWAII) '07; Imagination '08; Glory '09; Carnival Freedom '10 & '12; Carnival Fantsey '10 & '11 & '11: NEXT Carnival Breeze 6/13]
Old July 31st, 2008, 10:37 PM
Admiral

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I have always received two of the gifts, whether it's the bag, or the thermos. Also, yes, we only get one plate of the "goodies" but there are always 6 or 8 of the goodies on the plate. Oh yes,,,by the way. We don't like the little sandwiches, so we commented on that at the pursers desk on our last cruise, and they substituted chocolate covered strawberries! GOOD.....

Ken
"Sky"
Old August 2nd, 2008, 11:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

The thermos are actually very nice and work great BUT how many thermos' can one have??? lol I think we have about 6 of them still sitting at home in their original boxes.

I wish I had another tote bag or two as those come in much more useful... We had them but gave them away...wish I would have kept them!!!

On our recent cruise, we actually had to also give the thermos' away mainly because, and don't laugh at me... the 4 thermos' we were given on our last cruise put us over the 50lb weight limit at the airport!!!

I'm hoping that Carnival changes the gift (I know "never look a gift horse in the mouth") but, whereas we can always use another tote bag or two, just how thermos' can one use????!!!
Old August 3rd, 2008, 01:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

When I was on my last cruise, I met a gentleman who had been platinum for a few years.. I started talking to him about the perks of being platinum and he ended up giving me his bag gift.. It's a fantastic bag!

Such nice people those platinum cruisers are!
Old August 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
Passenger

It's too bad they don't have 4 or 5 choices. That way the people who are lucky enough to cruise 2-3 times a year could get something different. Maybe they could offer an obc instead. Wouldn't we all love that.

Candi
Old August 3rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by candigirl41
It's too bad they don't have 4 or 5 choices. That way the people who are lucky enough to cruise 2-3 times a year could get something different. Maybe they could offer an obc instead. Wouldn't we all love that.

Candi
That is an excellent idea Candigirl!! As a matter of fact the program they began this year does give you an obc for "milestone" cruises of 25th, 50th, 75th etc.! We leave in 40 days to experience this and can't wait!!! But I agree - even drink coupons or a "free" evening in the supper club - would be cool for us and wouldn't set Carnival back a bit. Not that I'm complaining!!! They have always treated us super!
Old August 4th, 2008, 08:37 AM
First Mate

Does anyone have a bag they'd like to trade for a thermos? We became Platinum just a few weeks after they switched to the Thermos' and were only able to get a bag for one of us. But we acquired 7 Thermos' so far this year and we'll be getting 4 more on the 2 upcoming cruises . Sure wish they'd change the gift occasionally for those who cruise alot
5/'06 Celebrity Zenith
6/'06 Carnival Legend
9/25/06 Carnival Legend
10/29/06 11 nite NCL Spirit
2/4/2007 Carnival Legend
May 14-25th, Carnival Fascination...3 B2B's
9/24/07 Carnival Miracle
11/7/07 Carnival Miracle
1/14/08 Fascination
1/18/08 Carnival Miracle (Platinum on this one!)
2/25/08 Fascination
4/21 & 4/26/08 B2B on the Imagination
Future cruises:
9/7/08 Legend
11/16/08 Legend
1/26 & 1/31 Destiny B2B
Old August 6th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Beginner

Default life time curisers

Wow!!!!!!!!! this december will be our 10th cruise!
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

And November will be ours!!
Old August 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
First Mate

February will be mine !!!!!!

Glory back to back here I come ......
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend