Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to ginnyanne Send a message via Yahoo to ginnyanne
Default Transfers-who is the cheapest and most reliable?

I know its been asked a million times, but we need to set up our transfers from fll to and from the port of miami still. It seems like its going to be around 100 for the wife and me unless one of you wonderful people have a better deal. Any information is appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

We flew into Miami the day before our cruise and rented a car for $50.00. We then drove along the coast to Ft. Lauderdale, about an hour and a half drive (You can make it in about 45 minutes taking the freeway) We had a great time on the drive. The next day we dropped off the car at the Ft Lauderdale airport and the rental car companies actually had free busses that took you to the cruise port in Ft. Lauderdale.
It was pretty easy.

Then on the way home, we had cruised on Princess and they actually offered transfers from the Ship in Ft. Lauderdale to the Miami airport for about $35.00 a person. You could check with Carnival to see if they offer something similar. (I didn't know this when I made the reservation on the rental car, if I had, I'd probably gotten the transfers to and from)
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Passenger

ginnyanne

We just returned (July 27th) from a cruise on the VALOR, which sails out of Miami. Before we flew into Ft. Lauderdale I setup transportation with a company named (Quality Limo Services) 1888-RIDE-VAN
(954)907-0750. Our travel arrangements included airport pickup in Ft. Lauderdale for further drop off at the Holiday Inn Port of Miam for the four of us that cost was $17.00 per person. The next day we were picked up at our hotel and delivered to the Valor at the Port of Miami for $10.00 per person. When our cruise ended we had a 5th person in our group and we were picked up and taken to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale for $15.00 per person........... total cost per was $42.00 for all transpoprtation. Now, what impressed me about Quality Limo Service was that they tracked my flight into Ft. Lauderdale and contacted me by cell phone to ensure that our group was at the airport and ready for pickup. They called me the morning of the cruise to ensure that we were ready for pickup and even though the Valor arrived back in Miami 1 hour early, they were aware of that and called me to readjust our pickup time. The bottom line is that I will highly recommend them for their service and professionalism. If its only the two of you your rates may be different than ours. If we had 10 or more in our group it would have cost us less.
Sensation 10/2002
Majesty of the Seas 4/2003
Glory 8/2005
Miracle 8/2006
Imagination 8/2007
Destiny 11/2007
Valor 7/2008
Victory .
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Admiral

We have never used them but many people recommend GO SHUTTLE for about $18/pp.
http://www.floridalimo.com/

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Passenger

My wife and I sailed out of Miami on the Liberty last month. We have the option of flying out of Newark, NJ (to Miami or Fort Lauderdale) or Newburgh, NY. We flew from Newburgh to FLL because of the flight schedule and it was more convenient, even thou the cost was about the same. We used Go Transportation from FLL airport to the port of Miami. Our plane arrived around 10:30, we grabbed our bags and the Go Transportation booth was just outside the baggage claim area at curbside. We only waited about 10 minutes to be pickup and the ride was about 30-45 minute ($18. pp plus tip). Everything went very smooth.

On our return we decide to take the transfer offered by Carnival ($24. pp) back to the airport. We were one of the first people off th ship and had plenty of time to check our bags and go through security (our flight was at 12:05). We found FLL airport less of a hassle and much easier to go through than Miami.

Hope this helps.
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Admiral

I live in CT and the flights always seem to be cheaper out of jfk, lga or bdl to FLL than Miami. Bob