Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Best comedy show on which ship??

What's the best comedy show you've seen, and on which ship. Can you still see this show or has the show moved on??
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2008, 12:05 AM
Admiral

I've found that these shows vary from comedian to comedian. On a 7 day trip there seems to 2 different performers. Some are better than others needless to say. Each will do 2 shows...one for families...one adults only.
The early family shows always seem funnier to me for some reason.

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old July 31st, 2008, 12:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ara0926

If Happy Cole is on your ship...GO SEE HIM! He is Hilarious! I have seen him twice and he has not disappointed. I plan to buy his CD next time!
Carnival Glory 2010 St. John NB Canada
Carnival Legend 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Spirit 2009 Alaska
Carnival Splendor 2008 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Sensation 2008 Nassau
Carnival Inspiration 2008 Cozumel
Carnival Glory 2007 Western Caribbean
Elation 2006 Eastern Caribbean
Old July 31st, 2008, 01:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

We always love the adult shows!! The one out of Belieze last april was hilerious!! It all depends on your kind of humor also, my hubby is a Marine so we are used to the crude and rude and usually get a good chuckle at the adult entertainers. We also enjoyed the musical numbers also, he won't admit it, but he enjoyed it.

Booked :razz:
NCL Sun - November 2011
Disney Dream - December 2012 *Honeymoon*

Cruised
Monarch OTS - June 2010
Carnival Triumph - January 2010
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Inspiration - July 2006
NCL Star - April 2003
Carnival Sensation - April 1998
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:37 PM
Admiral

The problem I have with most "adult" comedy on these ships is the way the "performer" degrades members of the audience. I don't find personal attacks humorous and consider it to be in bad taste.
While most aren't as bad, I recall on the Legend this one guy used racial slurs, outed this one woman as a lesbian, and made sexual comments about women in the front row. Of course others heckle back Maybe it's a drunk thing, I don't know.
Needless to say, ever since I make a habit of missing midnight comedy.

/ticker.png">
Old August 2nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Familiar Face

i"m finding that I'm seeing the same comedians over and over.they need to throw a few more into the rotation
Carnival Jubilee 88
Carnival Holiday 89
Sovereign of the Seas 91
Carnival Celebration 92
Big Red Boat 93
Explorer of the Seas 03
Carnival Victory 04
Carnival Legend 05
Jewel of the Seas 06
Carnival Triumph 06
Carnival Miracle 07
Carnival Victory 07
Carnival Miracle 08
Carnival Miracle 09
Carnival Liberty 10
Celebrity Reflection 14
Old August 3rd, 2008, 01:27 PM
Beginner

We thought Merl Hobbs was good - mostly relation-type humor, teased the honeymooners about what they were getting into....did tease people in the audience but not in an offensive way.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
I've found that these shows vary from comedian to comedian. On a 7 day trip there seems to 2 different performers. Some are better than others needless to say. Each will do 2 shows...one for families...one adults only.
The early family shows always seem funnier to me for some reason.
It's funny you say that. On our Sovereign cruise last fall, we loved the comedian during the "prime time" show. He was great. So of course we caught his adult show and like you say, it was o.k but not nearly as funny as the first show.

Really, the funniest, most imaginative comics in my opinion are the ones who never have to use any bad language...Except Chris Rock who I love and cusses constantly. I'm no prude and it doesn't offend me, but I think they often use the bad language as sort of a cover for not so great material. It's kind of like music concerts with huge light shows and things blowing up etc...Ususally a cover for not such a great singer or overall performance.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by "ready2board . :-?[/quote

It's funny you say that. On our Sovereign cruise last fall, we loved the comedian during the "prime time" show. He was great. So of course we caught his adult show and like you say, it was o.k but not nearly as funny as the first show.

Really, the funniest, most imaginative comics in my opinion are the ones who never have to use any bad language...Except Chris Rock who I love and cusses constantly. I'm no prude and it doesn't offend me, but I think they often use the bad language as sort of a cover for not so great material. It's kind of like music concerts with huge light shows and things blowing up etc...Usually a cover for not such a great singer or overall performance.
I agree some performers run out of witty material and thus resort to ole reliable...every body's favorite 4 letter word.
The comedians do become redundant even in family shows. Every one pops fun at the toilet tissue being forded to a point and the commode going WOOSH ! I don't care I still find these toilet jokes amusing. 8)

/ticker.png">