Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2008, 07:20 PM
Passenger

Default Elvis Cruise 8/28 on Fantasy...

Do you guys think the river will be back open by then? I would hate to leave from Mobile but I guess I would get over it. It is my vacation, after all.

I've posted the Elvis info on other boards to see if anyone else was going but so far I've only heard back from one couple.

I just watched Sam Brown on the Travel Channel cruising on the Inspiration. I am beyond sad that the Fantasy will go into dry dock AFTER our trip. I was loving the Waterworks. But this cruise is my husband's first so we'll see how he likes it. And if he loves it (fingers crossed), we'll hit the ships that have been totally refurbished. I guess I just have a thing for waterparks....no, I know I do. At least I'll have a slide for our trip.

My husband is still nervous about the cruise. But I have a feeling he'll forget all about that once he gets on the ship, especially with all the food that will be around.
Old August 1st, 2008, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Hopefully, by the time you sail...the oil spill will just be a bad memory.

Some more oil started leaking when they tried to move the barge...which is why they had to close the River again.

I love the Fantasy class ships. We have sailed on the Fantasy many times.

In fact, we have a cruise booked for Oct 9th (after the drydock) that we are really looking forward to.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
Passenger

My husband and I will be going on this cruise! I'm not a huge Elvis fan.....and neither is he really..... But are parents are, and they are all jealous of us going, hehe. This cruise is going to have a LOT of military on it, as the company running it and the USO worked out an amazing deal for Active Duty.
Old August 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Beginner

Hi,

I noticed your message. My husband and I will also be on this cruise. We've cruised a few times in the past, but never on Carnival. It should be a good time, providing no hurricanes come our way!
Old August 4th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Passenger

Well, this is nice! I finally found someone else to play with :-) You don't have to be an Elvis fan to go on this cruise, from what I've been told. It's just another great cruise that happens to have some Elvis action on board. Well, a lot of Elvis action, to be honest, but much, much more, as well. Elvis fans are in for a treat as well as anyone else who is going.

My husband doesn't dislike Elvis but he's for sure not crazy about him like I am. He'll have plenty to do, or so I've been telling him. It's his first cruise ever. He's still nervous. I've decided to not describe how great it's going to be or mention it at all any more. I'm just going to let the big day get here and have him see for himself.

We are in for a big party if there will be a lot of military on board! Those guys and gals are in dire need of a crazy good time so I hope they live it up. I'll be right there providing encouragment should anyone need it.

And hi Strawberry! Are you coming all the way from Baltimore to NOLA? It's gorgeous down here...you will love it. I've never cruised Carnival either, but I do know the region....NOLA and the Mississippi River are both very enchanting.

See you guys in 3 weeks and 3 days! Oh, I'm visualizing smooth, glassy seas and sunshine for the trip....NO HURRICANES!!! I think we stand a great chance of clear weather. It's been calm in the gulf this year (and last year)...but past this year? I don't know. I'm actually more worried about the oil spill being cleaned and the river being back open than I am the weather. Maybe I shouldn't be but I am....
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Passenger

They'll have that oil cleaned up by the time we go, easy. It's the cruises that come and go for the next week or so that will be affected.

And I'm hoping the hurricanes stay away as well. (Don't tell my hubby I told you, but he got SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sea sick on the last cruise we went on because of choppy waters from a hurricane....hehe)