Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Passenger

Default cabins on fantasy

I'm a little nervous about the prospect of trying to get to sleep our first night on board. We will have an ocean view with an either king or queen sized bed (can't remember). But I am a bit claustrophobic. My doc is giving me a tranquilizer (I wrote the specific one but it was removed) so maybe I'll zonk out???? I'm curious as to what the bed will be like. I'm spoiled with mine here at home. And, even if the beds aren't the greatest...any day not at work is a good day! Our room is mid-ship and I understand this is good b/c I might not feel the movement of the ship as much?

I guess what I'm doing here is fishing for info to soothe my mind...in my heart I know we'll love it.
Old August 1st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Passenger

Don't worry. The beds on carnival ships are very comfortable and the gentle movement of the ship helps you sleep like a baby. Relax and look forward to a wonderful vacation.
Old August 1st, 2008, 10:50 PM
Admiral

Your cabin should look something like this. This was on the Elation, same class ship as you will be on. The window is large, you can even sit on the ledge and look out. Our cabin was on the Main deck, mid ship. Great location. The cabins are larger than you think. It's not cramped, there is plenty of room in it. Enjoy your cruise.

Need some cruise help?
Old August 1st, 2008, 11:20 PM
Admiral

They have the Carnival Comfort Bed and they are the best. Your cabin will look a lot better than that becuase they said they redid all the cabins on the fantasy.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 12:28 AM
Passenger

Thanks, guys! Those pics were great. The cabin does seem bigger than I was thinking it would be. And sitting in the window would be so cool.

I feel better already! And I have read in a few different places that the beds are supposed to be special, or something like that? I read Carnival sells them??? Is that true?
Old August 2nd, 2008, 12:39 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisLover
Thanks, guys! Those pics were great. The cabin does seem bigger than I was thinking it would be. And sitting in the window would be so cool.

I feel better already! And I have read in a few different places that the beds are supposed to be special, or something like that? I read Carnival sells them??? Is that true?
Yes Carnival sells their beds. Their beds are the best and I have been thinking about getting one.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 12:42 AM
Passenger

Well, now I'm just plain excited about sleeping our first night! I'm all about a fabulous bed. I am allergic to down, though. Does anyone know if they use down pillows or blankets? I have to have cotton. Can I bring my own sheets? I know, I'm a geek (a geek with bad allergies!)
Old August 2nd, 2008, 12:56 AM
Admiral

I checked and their pillows are down-like, non-alergenic and micro fiber. You can go on carnivalcomfortcollection.com to check on the pillows and blankets. In the staterooms they have the new generation stateroom pillow and I think the satin stripe duvet covers, but I am not sure about the duvet. Also their sheets are cotton. But all the information is on that website.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 12:59 AM
Passenger

Thanks so much. I'm new to this (as if you couldn't tell) and I didn't know that info was available. I need to do a little more studying! I appreciate your time. I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!
Old August 2nd, 2008, 01:22 AM
Admiral

What date are you going?
Old August 2nd, 2008, 01:30 AM
Passenger

We are going Aug. 28th to Sept. 1st...the Elvis Cruise...it's my husband's very first and my 2nd but my first was almost 21 years ago when I was 15...this will be kind of like my first cruise. My first one wasn't that great. But things are totally different now. I can enjoy everything as an adult.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 01:34 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisLover
We are going Aug. 28th to Sept. 1st...the Elvis Cruise...it's my husband's very first and my 2nd but my first was almost 21 years ago when I was 15...this will be kind of like my first cruise. My first one wasn't that great. But things are totally different now. I can enjoy everything as an adult.
You just missed it becuase they will be putting the WaterWorks, Adult Area, and the new pool area on the ship in September. Even without the new things the ship will be great!
Old August 2nd, 2008, 01:38 AM
Passenger

I know we are totally missing out! But it will be a good chance for my husband to feel out the whole cruising situation. If it's a go, we'll be back. I already know I'll love it.
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:52 AM
First Mate

My wife and I often travel with a niece who is allergic to almost everything, well slight exaggeration. She brings her own pillow since most hotel pillows give her breathing problems. But she has no problems with the Carnival bedding and even wants to order some of the pillows from their web site since they work so well for her.

The rooms are very efficient and do not feel tight at all unless you get 3 or more people moving around in one then floor space can be at a premium. The beds are very comfortable and supportive. The queen / king beds are usually 2 single beds pushed together so you don’t feel the movement of your significant other as much as a normal bed.

I find the slight rocking of the ship very relaxing and often have my best nights sleep when I’m on a cruise. Enjoy the ocean view cabins now because if you ever get a balcony cabin you won’t be able to go back. Add the sounds of the ocean to the rocking motion and you’re in for your best sleep ever.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:55 PM
First Mate

I have nothing new to add, just my two cents. I have traveled a lot on business, and I always sleep fitfully the first night in a hotel. But I have never failed to sleep like a log on a cruise ship from the first night to the last.....well, maybe not the last. I tend to lie awake and cry because I have to get off in the morning.
Sovereign of the Seas 2007
Carnival Fantasy 2008
Carnival Fascination 9/14/09
Freedom of the Seas 11/28/10
Old August 5th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Beginner

The beds are very comfortable. My first cruise was FEB. 08 I'm ready to go back. Our cabin was main deck midship and we had no problem with noise or ship motion. The bedding was very nice too. If I can figure out how to add a picture I will include the bed.