Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Liberty (Transatlantic Nov 18. 2009)

Has anybody sailed on the Carnival Liberty before? How does it compare to the other Carnival ships? Thanks! Is anybody else going on this one?
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Captain

Hi bjcourt.

I'll be on this cruise!! I think it will be a wonderful cruise, and I am really looking forward to it. I've never been on this ship before, and I too would love to hear from some of you who have. I'm counting the days!

Libragirl
Old August 7th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Beginner

I am cruising on Carnival Liberty in late Sep, may take the translantic also. Did you teach high school or college?
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Carnival Liberty (Transatlantic Nov 18. 2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcourt
Has anybody sailed on the Carnival Liberty before? How does it compare to the other Carnival ships? Thanks! Is anybody else going on this one?
I've never been on the Carnival Liberty, but I will be on her with you, apparently.

I posted a similar message to this in the Meet On Board (MOB) section, but can still hear the crickets chirping there!
Old August 9th, 2008, 11:14 AM
First Mate

The Liberty is beautiful. I cruised on it this last year. You'll have a good time. I spent 7 days on it. I have no complaints.

Comparing it to the Fantasy Class ships is like comparing apples to oranges. They recently added the movie screen on deck, but we don't spend much time on deck so for us, it didn't make a big difference.
RCCL Freedom : April 2012
CCL Destiny : April 2011
CCL Valor : September 2010
CCL Victory : March 2010
RCCL Adventure : September 2009
RCCL Monarch : March 2009
RCCL Mariner : September 2008
CCL Liberty : March 2008
CCL Valor : July 2007
CCL Celebration : March 2007
CCL Elation : March 2006
CCL Fantasy : October 2005
Old August 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Default Fao EMG

Thanks for the info EMG, we received a great offer to sail on her next May in the Baltics from here in the UK, and were wondering whether to go for it or not. Your comments have certainly made us think that it's got to be worth a go.

Alan & Katrina

Next: Minerva April 2015

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(6), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old August 10th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Bjcourt and Libragirl!

Would you two retired teachers like to meet me and my bride-to-be onboard?
Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
Captain

Default Re: Bjcourt and Libragirl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshLord
Would you two retired teachers like to meet me and my bride-to-be onboard?
Sure. That will be fun! We still have over a year to go, but it will fun planning and researching for the cruise. Actually, bjcourt and I are married! Keep in touch.
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG
The Liberty is beautiful. I cruised on it this last year. You'll have a good time. I spent 7 days on it...
What are the names of the cigar bars, EMG?
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Bjcourt and Libragirl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libragirl
Keep in touch.
WILCO!
Old August 27th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Palma de Mallorca

Quote:
We still have over a year to go, but it will fun planning and researching for the cruise.
My ex-wife told me that she'd been to the Balearic Islands before, and that there you could go into a bar any time of any day, speak any language and buy a drink with any currency.

I intend to prove or disprove that rumor in Palma de Mallorca, hehehehe...
8)
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Captain

Default Re: Palma de Mallorca

Quote:
Quote:
We still have over a year to go, but it will fun planning and researching for the cruise.
My ex-wife told me that she'd been to the Balearic Islands before, and that there you could go into a bar any time of any day, speak any language and buy a drink with any currency.

I intend to prove or disprove that rumor in Palma de Mallorca, hehehehe...
8)
We've never been to Palma de Mallorca, so we are really looking forward to seeing the places we've never visited before! This will be our third transatlantic cruise.
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Third Cruise

Quote:
This will be our third transatlantic cruise.
This will be my third cruise, period. I've been on an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Miracle, and to the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Destiny.

I've been to about two or three dozen countries, though, including Spain; I took two bus tours to Lloret de Mar and Barcelona, Spain, and back from Germany. (No, I didn't enjoy passing through France four times.) My next two cruises will be my first trips to Italy, St. Maarten and Jamaica, though.

What countries have you been to already? Have you not been to Italy, Spain or St. Maarten?
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Captain

Default Re: Third Cruise

Quote:
Quote:
This will be our third transatlantic cruise.
This will be my third cruise, period. I've been on an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Miracle, and to the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Destiny.

I've been to about two or three dozen countries, though, including Spain; I took two bus tours to Lloret de Mar and Barcelona, Spain, and back from Germany. (No, I didn't enjoy passing through France four times.) My next two cruises will be my first trips to Italy, St. Maarten and Jamaica, though.

What countries have you been to already? Have you not been to Italy, Spain or St. Maarten?
My DH and I have been on 24 cruises in the last four years. We have been to the Western Caribbean, Eastern Caribbean, Southern Caribbean, Hawaii, Azores, Portugal, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu, Turkey, and London. We have been having a fantastic time! I LOVE Europe. There is so much to see there.

Yes, we have been to Jamaica two times, and St. Martin two times. I love St. Martin! Jamaica is beautfiful, but the people can be very pushy.

In Italy, we have been to Florence, Rome, Venice, Naples, Sorrento, and Positano. Italy is beautiful and amazing! You will love it!
Old August 29th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default DH; Favorite and Least Favorite Country; San Giorgio Hotel

Quote:

My DH...

Yes, we have been to Jamaica two times, and St. Martin two times. I love St. Martin! Jamaica is beautfiful, but the people can be very pushy.

In Italy, we have been to Florence, Rome, Venice, Naples, Sorrento, and Positano. Italy is beautiful and amazing! You will love it!
What do you mean by "DH"?

What is your favorite country? What is your least favorite country?

Are you staying at the San Giorgio Hotel in Civitavecchia the night before our cruise?
Old August 29th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Captain

Default Re: DH; Favorite and Least Favorite Country; San Giorgio Hot

Quote:
Quote:

My DH...

What do you mean by "DH"?

What is your favorite country? What is your least favorite country?

Are you staying at the San Giorgio Hotel in Civitavecchia the night before our cruise?
"DH" means dear husband. My favorite country, so far, is Italy. I also love France. I don't have a least favorite country, yet.

We haven't yet booked our flight to Rome. We haven't made plans about where to stay.
Old August 29th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Captain

Welshlord,

Have you stayed at this hotel before? Is it very expensive?
Old August 29th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Have you stayed at this hotel before? Is it very expensive?
From April 25 2008 to November 22 2008

Room and Full board

Room and full board
Valid from 25/04/08 to 22/12/08

1 night in double/twin room with full board including: first course, second course and dessert ( drinks not included)) breakfast buffet.

Euro 300,00 for 2 persons

http://www.sangiorgiohotel.biz/en/index.htm

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old August 29th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Captain

Thanks, Irish Shark.
Old August 31st, 2008, 05:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Country; San Giorgio

Quote:

"DH" means dear husband. My favorite country, so far, is Italy. I also love France. I don't have a least favorite country, yet.

We haven't yet booked our flight to Rome. We haven't made plans about where to stay.
I've already paid for our room with a balcony overlooking the sea, so as to lock in the price, which was over U$S 800.

The reason I chose their hotel is that of the three I contacted via e-mail addresses on websites, they are the only ones to respond - ever! And they e-mailed me back and forth almost as if they were chatting. The other two, by not answering me, gave me the impression that they didn't want my money. I have a poll reference these hotels, too.

I hope you'll join us! We're spending the nights of Nov. 16th and 17th, 2009 there.

Also, let's try to arrange to share a table. We prefer the last seating for dinner; how about you two?

For me, Thailand and Australia are Numbers 1 and 2, with Spain and any Hispanic country in 3rd Place, for touring. I'm a Spanish linguist, and I intend to retire to Argentina, though.

North and South Korea are my least favorite countries, with France only slightly above them at the bottom of the barrel. I give France the edge, because, unlike the Koreans, they at least had enough common sense to name their streets!
Old September 1st, 2008, 01:46 PM
Captain

WelshLord,

Thanks for the invitation to share a table, but we usually do early dining. We also rarely eat in the dining room, now. We have been on so many cruises that we've eaten everything offered in the dining room many times. I prefer to eat in the Lido restaurant because I'm not much of a meat eater. I love salads and vegetables.

My husband also speaks Spanish and German. I am trying to learn Spanish.

I am SO looking forward to this cruise!!
Old September 1st, 2008, 11:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Eating

Quote:
WelshLord,

Thanks for the invitation to share a table, but we usually do early dining. We also rarely eat in the dining room, now. We have been on so many cruises that we've eaten everything offered in the dining room many times. I prefer to eat in the Lido restaurant because I'm not much of a meat eater. I love salads and vegetables.

I like salads and vegetables, too! Romaine lettuce with oil and vinegar, and lots of pepper!

We can have double dates in the Lido, right?

Do either of you smoke cigars?

Shall we meet at the San Giorgio Hotel?
Old September 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Captain

Default Re: Eating

Quote:
Quote:
WelshLord,

I like salads and vegetables, too! Romaine lettuce with oil and vinegar, and lots of pepper!

We can have double dates in the Lido, right?

Do either of you smoke cigars?

Shall we meet at the San Giorgio Hotel?

I'm sure we'll see you on the ship. No, we don't smoke, and we haven't booked a hotel, yet. It will be a while before we make any decisions on that.
Old September 5th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Smoking and Flying/My Girl

Quote:
I'm sure we'll see you on the ship. No, we don't smoke, and we haven't booked a hotel, yet. It will be a while before we make any decisions on that.
My girl doesn't smoke, either. I guess I'll be smoking alone, hehehe... I usually have a cigar in the morning, and another in the evening. I'm a morning person, but my girl's not, necessarily, although I never have any trouble getting her going. On the contrary, she gets ready to go, and usually ends up waiting for me when it's time to go somewhere!

BTW, she's an actress named Libertad Green, whom you can look up at IMDb.com.

Also, www.libertadgreen.tk

We haven't booked flights yet, but will probably fly from Syracuse, New York, through Kingston, Ontario, or maybe from Richmond or Charlottesville, Virginia. Where are you flying from?
Old September 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Beginner

Hey, howdy! From our roll call on cruisecritic.com for this sailing, I thought there were only about, oh, five or six of us on this whole ship! There are more of us -- take a look and post over there too!
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Captain

Default Re: Smoking and Flying/My Girl

Quote:
Quote:
My girl doesn't smoke, either. I guess I'll be smoking alone, hehehe... I usually have a cigar in the morning, and another in the evening. I'm a morning person, but my girl's not, necessarily, although I never have any trouble getting her going. On the contrary, she gets ready to go, and usually ends up waiting for me when it's time to go somewhere!

BTW, she's an actress named Libertad Green, whom you can look up at IMDb.com.

Also, www.libertadgreen.tk

We haven't booked flights yet, but will probably fly from Syracuse, New York, through Kingston, Ontario, or maybe from Richmond or Charlottesville, Virginia. Where are you flying from?
We will probably fly out of Austin, Texas.
Old September 7th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Smoking and Flying/My Girl

Quote:
We will probably fly out of Austin, Texas.
I love Austin! I've been there a few times, since I was on Temporary Duty at Fort Hood and stationed at Fort Sam Houston.

Remember when the double-decker party boat capsized while passing the topless beach, 'cause most of the passengers moved to the side of the boat toward the topless beach?
Old September 7th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default CruiseCritics dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizdkc
Hey, howdy! From our roll call on cruisecritic.com for this sailing, I thought there were only about, oh, five or six of us on this whole ship! There are more of us -- take a look and post over there too!
I tried to sign up, but received a message indicating that my e-mail addressed was already banned.

I guess my reputation preceded me, hehehehe...
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Beginner

You're kidding me. Have you been some sort of incendiary stinker/poster in the past?

Well, shoot. I'll just have to keep looking at both threads.

We've never done a transatlantic cruise before, and we're excited! Next project will be to try to snag some free airline tickets. But with all the fees that are now being added to frequent flier programs and luggage and yada yada yada, I'm afraid they're going to be far from free any more.
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Free Airfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizdkc
You're kidding me. Have you been some sort of incendiary stinker/poster in the past?

Well, shoot. I'll just have to keep looking at both threads.

We've never done a transatlantic cruise before, and we're excited! Next project will be to try to snag some free airline tickets. But with all the fees that are now being added to frequent flier programs and luggage and yada yada yada, I'm afraid they're going to be far from free any more.
Yes, I've heard airlines are starting to charge for every little thing! Luckily, they stopped charging military service members to check their bags on their way to and from war zones.

But I plan on making my flight reservations at Orbitz.com

And, to answer your question, I've been known to post some controversial posts, but I don't remember ever even hearing of CruiseCritic.com before you mentioned it in this thread.