Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Passenger

Default Flight from Seattle to Miami or ??

Hi,
I am taking my first east coast cruise in May 2009 out of Miami. I am just wondering if there are any Seattle or West Coast travelers out there that have any advice on where to fly into. In general, is it cheaper to fly into one airport than another in Florida? I know it would be best to fly into Miami - of course, but I am also looking at cost since it's pretty expensive anyway I look at things.

Thanks,
Kari
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Admiral

Usually cheaper to fly into Fort Lauderdale than Miami International for some reason. Bob
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Admiral

sign up for Southwest "Ding" fares and plan on flying into Fort Lauderdale the day before your cruise..several shuttles between the two airports...make sure your return flight is booked after 1 pm out of Fort Lauderdale just to be safe and less stressed
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Here is a site that I like to use when checking for airfare and which airport to fly into. It checks a plethora of airlines and also has a chart to show which days in a particular month that the cheapest days are to travel based on current airfares. The site is www.kayak.com

Carnival Spirit - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Glory 2007
RCCL Navigator of the Sea 2004
Carnival Elation 2002
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Darren..thanks for the site...that's one of the reasons i really like this board..folks share good information
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Flight from Seattle to Miami or ??

Hi Kari:

Yall are covered on advice excepting consider getting the Chase SWA credit card with the flight credit bonus, then route your expenses through the card through March and build enough credits to pick up a free Rapid Reward flight.

Are you enjoying the summer in Seattle - or has your one week of summer already ended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karicruiser
Hi,
I am taking my first east coast cruise in May 2009 out of Miami. I am just wondering if there are any Seattle or West Coast travelers out there that have any advice on where to fly into. In general, is it cheaper to fly into one airport than another in Florida? I know it would be best to fly into Miami - of course, but I am also looking at cost since it's pretty expensive anyway I look at things.

Thanks,
Kari
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 5th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Admiral

don't forget on Southwest you can pack more, because they don't charge for checking 2 bags..and I don't see that going away in the near future because it gives them such a big marketing and advertising advantage

Hey Divemaster..i use to live in Seattle (Ballard) and the summers last thru labor Day weekend (Bumpershoot)
Old August 5th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Admiral

No way Venice:

I used to live in West Seattle and Kirkland and you can't fool me - summer begins about the last week of July and may last the week. Of course there were always those summers that got called off on account of rain.

Do miss doing slug patrol with flashlights and sticks, moss on the roof, growing tomatoes that would never ripen, the long dark days of winter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
don't forget on Southwest you can pack more, because they don't charge for checking 2 bags..and I don't see that going away in the near future because it gives them such a big marketing and advertising advantage

Hey Divemaster..i use to live in Seattle (Ballard) and the summers last thru labor Day weekend (Bumpershoot)
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 5th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Admiral

you lived in the suburbs, I lived in the city ::...as you well know there is a big difference in the weather...after looking at my Energy bills in the summer in New Orleans, i miss the summers in Seattle...matter of fact, I miss Seattle
Old August 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Venice & divemaster..............summer this year has been really strange.....we've had weeks of 80 plus temps.......can't remember the last time summer was this hot........for us anyway..... ......

Sharon
Old August 8th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS80
Venice & divemaster..............summer this year has been really strange.....we've had weeks of 80 plus temps.......can't remember the last time summer was this hot........for us anyway..... ......

Sharon
But it still didn't start until after the 4th of July and it will last into September and sometimes even into the beginning of October

Carnival Spirit - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Glory 2007
RCCL Navigator of the Sea 2004
Carnival Elation 2002