Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Passenger

Default packing - dare to share

OK - my future hubby asked if we could share a suitcase on this upcoming 4 day cruise. TRUE, this suitcase is big enough that I can lay down, curl up and fit into it, but will i have room for his bathing suit??????? HMMMM.

I vowed not to over pack, but can I follow through is question.
Old August 10th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Beginner

I am an overpacker...no matter what I take too much stuff I never wear! Good luck on the share thing...lol
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

we are going on a 5 day cruise in January and I have also vowed not to over pack...This past January we did a 10 day cruise and I way over packed! I probably wore half of what I packed and had to lug around the airports and cruise port....I will not do that again.

My husband always packs light, he only takes one or two t shirts as that is what he buys himself in each port we go to, then he wears them the rest of the cruise. He also uses the laundry room on he cruise.
Old August 10th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Just an observation...
It you're small enough to curl up and fit into a suitcase... your clothes probably don't take up that much room either..
I say go for it!!
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old August 11th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Admiral

Perfect rule of thumb-pack for the cruise and when you are done put half of it back !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtropic
Perfect rule of thumb-pack for the cruise and when you are done put half of it back !
I've heard this alot on cruisemates....

Why I don't think this rule would work for me....

I don't pack or need alot of clothes... it's the added items, such as medicine/femine products, thongs for pool (flip flops) formal shoes, then every day shoes..., I don't wear make up, so that's not a problem...

I just don't see what I could possibly cut in half...
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old August 11th, 2008, 03:12 AM
First Mate

I say share the suitcase but pack 2 instead of one. I always pack a little of each of our clothes in our two suitcases just in case one gets lost or is delivered later than the other. You will at least have something verses nothing. Plus we usually do a load of clothes on the ship so we can keep the packing to a minimum.
Good luck!
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess
Carnival Splendor (3 days of towing back to port)

Carnival Dream

Have a great cruise all!! 8)
Old August 11th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Packing is an art that my girl friend has mastered!

I took her on her first cruise, her first flight, and her first trip outside the United States in April, 2008. I told her to fit everthing she brought into two carry-ons and a coat to spare us the pain and heartache of checking and retrieving bags. I warned her that just going through security, customs and immigration would be more pain and heartache than she would want to deal with anyway, so not checking bags was the best thing she could do to alleviate the agony.

And she did it! She came by train to New York, from where we flew to Ft. Lauderdale, took the Carnival Destiny to Costa Rica, Panama, and Belize, went ashore in each of those countries and took two excursions, wore formal dinner attire 7 of eight nights onboard, then flew from Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles (where she'd always dreamt of going)... Then we flew from Los Angeles to Salt Lake City, from where I drove her to two other cities in Utah to meet my kin. Then we flew from SLC to Las Vegas, where I took photographs of her in different locations until she got tired of being photographed. After three nights in Vegas, we flew to Cedar Rapids, where she met more of my kin. Finally, we returned to New York where we spent about two more weeks together before she took a cab and a train back to Virginia.

Neither of us checked a bag onboard a ship or a plane during this entire trip, yet she always looked amazing and had something new to wear. My girl is amazing! As far as I'm concerned, she's the most amazing girl in the world!
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

You sure can do it. I OVER packed. I alotted essentially 3 outfits per day: work out, day wear, dinner wear. I pretty much "mixed" the work out and day together and had a dress to wear during the evening. I even packed my own snorkel, fins, and mask for the both of us.

Just a couple observations on my cruise I just got off of with the Fascination - I was not seeing too many on board really wearing the proper clothes for dinner. Only the best dressing up was for the Captains cocktail party and dinner. I saw jean shorts, kakhi shorts and t-shirts.

If you plan on doing any kind of shore excursions and you have an early dinner seating - rest assured you just may NOT get back in time for the dinner. It happened to us!!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008