Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Yeoman

Default Carnival Party Boat?

What's everyone's opinion of which Carnival ship parties the hardest. The Liberty Eastern I was on last year was rather tame compared to NCL'S Majesty to Bermuda. Love Carnival but would like to see a more lively crowd on a 7 day cruise.
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The crowd can obviously change from week to week. If you're flexible, and want to assure at least somewhat of a lively week, cruise during college spring breaks.

Though you're never going to find the old "frat party atmosphere" of years ago.

I see you have a Holland America cruise in your future. Definitely don't expect to find a party there
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Its funny that the wildest bunch on any cruise ive been on was the Ectasy 5 day out of Galveston. The club was always hopping and it was a blast.
We went on the Victory for our anniversary which happened to be during spring break and it was alot of fun. But I think the kids got so drunk during the day that by nightfall they were past out

03/30/2009 ~ Carnival Ecstasy
09/14/2008 ~ Carnival Legend
03/2008 Carnival Victory
09/2007 Carnival Elation
06/2007 Carnival Liberty
09/2006 Carnival Ectasy
12/2004 Carnival Conquest
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

When I've been on during Spring Break (first full week of March) that seems to be the most party atmosphere. Those cruises were aboard the Carnival Valor and the Carnival Destiny and the best time I've ever had aboard
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Admiral

My party atmospere was the Celebration out of Galveston.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
I see you have a Holland America cruise in your future. Definitely don't expect to find a party there
Yea that's what i've heard. The Holland cruise we booked is the Eurodam's only 3 day itinerary. I'm hoping that will help liven things up a bit.

We mainly booked it for the cuisine after hearing about Eurodam's new restaurants and Pinniacle Grills new menu.

I don't think we are really looking to party with a bunch of drunk college kids (we are pushing 40). Just looking for a ship whose nite club seems to be full more often. We also enjoy the poolside games.
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

Old August 13th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

I noticed that the Fantsy class ships nightclubs seem to really be hopping and full. The bigger ships not so much. The Ectasy and Elation clubs were really fun and full of people dancing. The clubs on the big ships are awesome but just dont seem to fill up as much. Its odd.

03/30/2009 ~ Carnival Ecstasy
09/14/2008 ~ Carnival Legend
03/2008 Carnival Victory
09/2007 Carnival Elation
06/2007 Carnival Liberty
09/2006 Carnival Ectasy
12/2004 Carnival Conquest
Old August 13th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
AMEN to that . I've been on 3 "dam ships" and loved it, but I don't "party". Good thing though since they shut down the "party" after the second show. At midnight the DJ might as well play "Dancing with myself".

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Yeoman

[quote="Thoth"]I've been on 3 "dam ships" and loved it[quote]

I see you have been on six Carnival ships. I know you said you don't party, but have you noticed which of these six seemed to be a more lively crowd?
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

Old August 14th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Admiral

I see you're booked on "Legend", and I think you'll stand a pretty good chance of having a "party" time aboard her. IMO, the shorter the cruise, the more chance of a party atmosphere. I agree with the others about your HAL cruise. Be sure to take your extra pajamas for a nappin' good time.

Ken
"Sky"
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
I see you're booked on "Legend", and I think you'll stand a pretty good chance of having a "party" time aboard her.
Ken
"Sky"
Sweet! That's what we we're hoping for. I can't wait. Just two weeks and two days til we're dock dancing! We splurged on a Cat 11A too. Got my bar prestocked. I'm ready to rock and roll!!!
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

Old August 14th, 2008, 10:29 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

If you have the chance, go on Inspiration. We were in Cozumel on Inspiration with Holiday and I think Holiday had a pretty lively crowd. I think the shorter cruises and smaller ships have cruisers that need to get away and disappear from reality and come back rejuvenated...need I say more...It's like taking a power nap!

Old August 14th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Admiral

[quote="beentravelin"][quote="Thoth"]I've been on 3 "dam ships" and loved it
Quote:

I see you have been on six Carnival ships. I know you said you don't party, but have you noticed which of these six seemed to be a more lively crowd?
I would say the Inspiration out of New Orleans ( 2001) and Valor out of Miami were the most party like. But they all provide a lively nightlife....that's why they are called the "fun ships".
They are huge ships carrying between 2000-3000 people so there really is something for everyone. 8)

/ticker.png">
Old August 15th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Yeoman

Thanks to all for the great advise. So we have two votes apiece for Valor and Inspiration, one vote each for Ecstacy, Celebration, and Holiday. Maybe I should set up a poll. It seems everyone is in agreement that the smaller ships with shorter itineraries are more hopping. We like a longer cruise, so I might search for small ships with longer itineraries? I also noticed a trend in your posts that might point to the embarkation port. Most of the recommendations seem to be out of ports other than Florida. Our NCL cruise out of Charleston SC was pretty livley. Do you all think this has any bearance?
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

Old August 15th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Passenger

I hope the liberty is lively in Feb of 09...
Carnival Fantasy 2008
Granduer of the seas 2005

Old August 15th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

I do know the last Princess cruise we took on the Emerald made feel like I made a wrong turn into the senior citizens home! The one before that we took on Princess did not have such an older clientele. I think maybe it depends on the time of the year.

I am not much of a partier, so it was basically ok with me. You'd actually be surprised at how the oldsters can party right along qith the young'uns.
Imagination 2004
Diamond Princess 2006
Emerald Princess 2008
Imagination 2009!
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:45 PM
kookylabooka

I have been on the 3 day ones on the Senation from Port Canaveral and they were lively. In 9 days I go on the Sensation again on a 4 day so hopefully it will be the same.
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

I remember thinking on the second day of our recent 7 day on the Valor (leaving from Miami), that it was a very different crowd from our 7 day on the Conquest (Galveston). One was not more of a party crowd than the other, just very different.
Both of our 5 day cruises on the Fantasy (New Orleans) were hands down more of a party cruise than Valor or Conquest.
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Admiral

It varies from week to week, ship to ship.

I was on the Victory out of NYC in July 04 and it was one of the more party-like environment of all of my cruises. I was on the Victory, same week, same destination, same 4 day cruise but in July 08 and the ship was dead dead dead. Go figure.

The shorter cruises have the younger passengers and people that are squeezing a 7 day vacation into 3, 4 or 5 days. The 7 day cruises on Carnival are more families and passengers just a bit older and more settled.

On the 7 day or longer cruises, the club may not be as crowded but generally you find a faithful 30+ who are in the club every night and end up creating a certain sense of comraderie amongst each other and having a grand old time.

The hardest partyers I ever encountered was on the fascination on a 2004 cruise. The dance club was like a NYC dance club and hopped every night. It was a shortie cruise (3 nighter).

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old August 16th, 2008, 12:02 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

I don't think the port has anything to do with it.

I'll give you another perspective. In May 06, I cruised for the first time with an e-mail penpal and had a good time, then our girls group went to five for Inspiration and we had a blast, it was a great cruise for just relaxing, partying and goofing around and getting to know one another, then our girls' group got larger this year, our cruise was longer in length, the ship was much bigger (Liberty) which meant less time for us to spend time together. The concensus for May 2009 - go back to the smaller ship and stick with the fun ports such as Cozumel and Key West even if we've been there before...Unlike you I've decided I like the shorter cruises. I'll keep my week's vacation for my timeshare in Cabo and just watch the ships come in and out and enjoy the fabulous sunrises and sunsets each day.

No matter what, I wish you blue skies and smooth seas...

Old August 16th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Admiral

The Fantasy and Fascination seem to be the big party ships.
Old August 16th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Admiral

While it is true that the old party-hardy Carnival atmosphere isn't there anymore (which is fine by me- I aged while Carnival "grew up"), there is always a party group on board any ship. You just have to find them. They usually seem to develop a liking for a particular bar and that becomes their meeting place.
Oh, and by far the rowdiest party group I have ever seen was on HAL! A group of well to-do, older professionals who just decided to really let their hair down for a week. So, look around. They'll be there somewhere on any cruise.
Marty
Old August 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
there is always a party group on board any ship. You just have to find them. They usually seem to develop a liking for a particular bar and that becomes their meeting place.
Marty
Yeah. We have gotten pretty good at finding these folks. NCL had a pub crawl you could sign-up for, which brings these partiers together on the first day at sea. I thought that was a pretty good idea. Does Carnival organize these too??
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

Old August 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Beginner

Im on the liberty in Feb 09 also. Its my honeymoon cruise and we are hoping for a fun but not too young crowd as I am also pushing 40.
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Familiar Face

The longer the cruise the more sedate it will be. We did 15 days on a repo on the NCL Spirit. 90% of the passengers were over 60. It was the same core group of us in the evenings after 10pm. We had so much fun that we are doing a reunion cruise on the Fantasy Nov 1st.

Dave

Cruised
CCL Magic 03/04/12
CCL Triumph 09/05/11; 02/13/10
CCL Conquest 09/02/07
CCL Ecstasy 02/05/11
CCL Fantasy 11/11/09;02/07/09; 11/01/08; 04/10/08; 10/11/07; 09/17/07; 01/18/07; 11/27/06; 10/30/06
CCL Holiday 11/02/09; 09/22/08; 08/30/08; 01/29/07; 12/04/06; 10/23/06; 09/30/06; 09/11/06; 09/3/05
CCL Elation 10/09/10; 01/23/06
NCL Spirit 11/22/09; 11/03/07
NCL Sun 02/09/08; 01/23/07; 10/23/05
NCL Dream 10/31/04
USS Frederick LST-1184 12/14/81 (USMC)